Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80

Deity Gear

YEAH! You know what I'm talking about! Gear that's only useable by players that chose that deity. The gear obviously reflects that patron's uhh, attributes. Nothin' TOO overpowered...

Azeyma

Goddess of the sun. Gear is powered by daylight. Since she is also the goddess of fire, maybe have fire resist/fire damage boosted in the daylight. Further boosts when the game is in the first month of the year.

Nophica

Goddess of the harvest and earth. Gear fits with Gatherers (like gathering stats) while boosting earth damage/resists. She governs the 2nd month, gear is boosted when the game calender is in the 2nd month.

Thaliak

God of knowledge. Commands water. Ruler of the 3rd month. Gear boosts water damage/resists while offering a slight EXP bonus (10%). More EXP when the game is in the 3rd month (15%). Or, gear boosts mage stats instead of bonus EXP.

Llmlaen

Goddess of the sea and wind. Armor boosts Stats of Fishermen, armor boosts resist/damage of wind attacks/spells. Governs the 4th month, further boosts active when game time is in the 4th month. Maybe boost player airships or something too.

Halone

Goddess of war and Ice. Governs the 5th Eorzean month. Armor fitting DoW. Boosts stats to all DoW, as well as ice resistance and damage. Further boosts when Eorzea is in her 5th month as well.

Byregot

God of architecture. Commands lightning and the 6th Eorzean month. His armor boosts DoH classes. Maybe something to do with building player houses/Free Company HQs.

Nald'thal

God of commerce, fire, and governs the 7th month. Another god of DoH, their clothing boosts the stats of DoH whose guilds are located in UD.

Althyk

God of space and time. Saved us from Meteor/Bahamut (Debatable). Commands the earth element and governs month numero eight-o. His gear would uhhh, this is tough. It would boost our resistance/damage with earth. I would say it would give you auto-haste, but I think the devs said there won't be haste in ARR. Boosts stronger when Eorzea is in her 8th month.

Nymeia

Goddess of fate. Commands water and governs the 9th month. Clothing boosts the Weaver stats, maybe increases HQ rate or something for weavers. Boosts strengthened while Eorzea is in the 9th calendar month.

Oschon

God of vagrants (lol). Commands wind and governs the 10th month. Armor boosts Archer stats. Boosts stronger while the game is in the 10th month.

Menphina

Goddess of love. Commands ice and governs the 11th month. Clothing boosts Culinary skills and HQ rate. Boosts stronger in the 11th Eorzean month.

Rhalgr

God of destruction. Commands lightning and governs the 12th month. Robes boost the stats of mages. Lightning damage and resistance increased, stronger while in the 12th month.

-------------------------------

Let's just pretend, hypothetically, that hypothetically these perks are balanced, hypothetically, wouldn't that be cool? All the armor has the symbol of the god(dess) on it so you can show it off and stuff.

Sauce:
    The Twelve
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Alchinua Malaguld
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 61
    As for the equipment and the symbols on it: Yes please.
    As for the effects: No, thanks. I just think it seems off If you have to choose your guardian deity at the beginning you can't really know whats good for you (if you're a new player). Maybe you end up choosing Rhalgr but you end up not liking the DoM classes, and would've rather chosen Nophica for gathering. Personally I have nothing against it but I would imagine that this would upset some players.
    (2)
    Kweh!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Pa-paya~ paya papaya~ pa-pa-ya~♪

Player
    Character
    Ferth Fontaine
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Yeah, not in favor of a given deity having gear that only benefits a specific class. Though deific gear in and of itself is an interesting idea...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Psy Kotsu
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Pretty good idea outside the bonuses. I think people should choose for other reasons.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    ROFL, How able elemental gear(fire armor, ice armor, etc.)?
    Would be great for Paladins for halving nukes directed at them in half!
    (0)

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~
    TENTs because solo-friendly content forces me to want one!
    (HP + Instantly logout anywhere)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/
    *Excalibur* Nation: Limsa Laminsa