Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 66

Turning Off Annoying Weapon Noises

I was hoping we could get an official answer to the following:

I really don't look forward to hearing people repeatedly activate their moogle weapons, nor do I like to feel that I'm annoying the whole town by doing so. Would it be possible in the future to give us in-game features that let us remove toggle certain sounds?

Possible solutions:
    • Allow us to toggle whether or not weapons have unique sounds. A Mogblade, Mailbreaker, and Ifrit's Sword would all be limited to the same sword unsheathing sound.
    • Allow us to toggle the Moogle weapon sounds specifically.
    • Make it so that switching between Active and Passive modes in rapid succession more than 3 times will stun your character temporarily. (FFXIII had a feature that would halt character movement if you tried running in rapid circles, since Random Battles were taken out)
    • Quickly introduce weapons that outclass the Moogle weapons and are easier to get. This doesn't completely solve the problem.

Not all of us like messing with the .dat files, so don't even bother suggesting that. I like my configuration changes to be easily and immediately reversible. Sorry to people in the sound effects department, but between Moogle weapons and the excessively loud Chocobo music, there are certain things I'd like to turn off from time to time.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I'll save you Yoshida!

/casts Raise

Player
    Character
    Hope Estheim
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrusama View Post

Possible solutions:
    • Allow us to toggle whether or not weapons have unique sounds. A Mogblade, Mailbreaker, and Ifrit's Sword would all be limited to the same sword unsheathing sound.
    If any, this one. Still, I think the mog weapons (which are the only ones that ever bother me) will phase out over time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Boye Fran
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Yeah, god forbid we have any noise when we slash through an enemy. SO ANNOYING!
    (1)

Player

The mog weapon noise only annoyed me when people purposely toggled active and passive, but even then, it wasn't enough to like throw me into a complete psychotic rage. I'd just mute my volume until they were done being "cute".
    (2)
    facebook.com/thancred

Player
    Character
    Hope Estheim
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceyBruceyBangBang View Post
    Yeah, god forbid we have any noise when we slash through an enemy. SO ANNOYING!
    Hope Estheim casts Monomi: Ichi.
    Hope Estheim gains the effect of Sneak.

I prefer to kill my enemies in complete silence.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vale Aeonslayer
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I still to this day LOVE the Mog sound. Haters can hate. It gets me every time. But i do agree with the OP it would be nice to have the option of disabling certain sounds. I wouldn't use it for the mog weapons but maybe for other sounds in the game. I guess i'll see what those sounds are when i get the chance to play it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Misa Gasai
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Some searching the net answers this question, there may be some very in-depth screencaps of every aspect of the UI taken by a tester during alpha. These screencaps may show that this is definitely possible, but if there were screencaps on the internet I wouldn't be able to post links or talk about them would I?

Google is your friend

NOTE: I wasn't in alpha, so any screencaps found online have nothing to do with myself.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Morgoth Bauglir
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    Thats like asking to remove the sound of gunfire from Call of Duty.
    (0)