Character
    Alchinua Malaguld
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge_Xero View Post
    Thank you for the reply

So with FFXIV ARR if they plan to make the gear Bound on SB, and not Bound on Equip, then it's possible that you might not be effected by this? Like you, I always equip new gear I've found to compare stats. I hope there is also the option to test them out on training dummies, to compare damage/healing, DOTS etc. That way no EXP to Spirit Bond is accumulated, so that we'll have a chance to sell/trade the gear if it proves not useful. I imagine there will be a lot of low level gear as a reward from quests, so that would be great to have any unused pieces put on the market.
    Unfortunately my gaming experience will still be affected by this. Imagine you're in a Ifrit Party with me and I have no earrings as PLD. You decide to lend me your earrings with fire resistance so I don't die off Inferno or something. [just an example :3] That wont be possible and that's the part that annoys me. I wouldn't need training dummies etc as I usually know what I'm buying. It wouldn't hurt to add them though.

You used a very good example here, as being in the field there you probably wont have the required mats to craft gear for an unprepared friend/stranger. How much is this a deal breaker, since in running the dungeon although unprepared, would a party member be appreciative to receive a chest drop? With SE moving away from the random number generator, what is the likelyhood that you could assist in that member getting replacement gear as a drop?
    He would appreciate that, sure. But again, the same would apply with traded equipment. We'd have an easier time to finish the dungeon and he could still loot on that chest drop for better gear. I had a feeling that random parties could use every kind of assistance they could get from other players, including gear trading or they wouldn't be able to reach said chests. This applies to hard story quests as well.

That's a good idea to not have Dismantling as 100% to get all mats back. It's always good to have options. If I remember correctly, when you meld a piece of materia to gear, it resets the Spirit Bond level back to 0%. So would you be happy to purchase some low level materia with 100% chance to meld a single piece, in order to sell your used gear on the market? Does this create a use for low level materia?
    We'll see if the Spiritbond (+Soulbind) resets when adding materia in ARR. This would work when selling items, yes. It would indeed create a use for low level materia.

I understand not everyone wants to level a craft in order to meld materia. If it's similar to Version 1, where you required a high enough level and the right craft, in order to meld materia, then that would be an annoyance. Now there was the option to "request" a meld similar to requesting "repairs". If a meld on gear also set the durability back to 100%, so it could be placed on the market, is that reasonable? Or should the gear also need to be repaired as well as melded? Does this add to the importance of crafters?
    If this Item Binding persists I wouldn't mind doing/requesting repairs and melding (if that resets SoulB & SpiritB that is).
    (1)
    Kweh!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Pa-paya~ paya papaya~ pa-pa-ya~♪

Player
    Character
    Inakha Khatayin
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    This is awful It may be beneficial for the market in terms of high level gear, but it's gonna be rough on everything pre-50 as multiple people have pointed out. It's just going to screw over new players who are unable to buy new gear without selling what they currently have to mitigate the cost.

...Though, maybe I'm incorrect in assuming that gaining exp will automatically increase your spiritbond with everything you have equipped. Will we be able to manually turn it on for the few pieces we actually want spiritbond with?
    (2)

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17