Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Item Binding

Community Rep

Item Binding

We wanted to give you more information about the item binding that was mentioned in the Letter from the Producer Live IV.

For items that bind to characters, it will not be possible to transfer them to characters under the same account.

Also, since we are planning to make it so once you accumulate more than 1 point of spirit bond the item will be bound to you, as long as you do not fulfill this criteria it will be possible to transfer it to other characters.

Finally, regardless of whether they are bound to you or not, EX items and such that could not be transferred previously will still not be able to be transferred.
    (64)
    Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Coca Cola
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    We wanted to give you more information about the item binding that was mentioned in the Letter from the Producer Live IV.

For items that bind to characters, it will not be possible to transfer them to characters under the same account.

Also, since we are planning to make it so once you accumulate more than 1 point of spirit bond the item will be bound to you, as long as you do not fulfill this criteria it will be possible to transfer it to other characters.

Finally, regardless of whether they are bound to you or not, EX items and such that could not be transferred previously will still not be able to be transferred.
    I hope we get a warning telling us the item we grab will bind upon equip and is also written on the item description on like on SWTOR.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Kare Ruhts
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 57
    Quote Originally Posted by darios View Post
    I hope we get a warning telling us the item we grab will bind upon equip and is also written on the item description on like on SWTOR.
    I don't think this warning is necessary. When you equip an item it doesn't get bound to you. Only when you get 1 point of spirit it binds to your character. I think just a tutorial at the beginning of the game will be good enough.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Volta Asura
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61

Not a big fan of this change...it would overly complicate things that should be simple to do.

If this indeed implemented, ragardless of the negative feedback, would you look into the option to pay an NPC to deplete the spiritbond back to 0? This way if we want to give an item to a friend, or linkshell member we can do so without issue. This would also make it possible to sell/trade multi melded gear, and not be such a drastic change to the prior system in 1.0.

I ask for this simply because I've helped quite a bit of people in my XIV 1.0 days. I was one of the people that had no problems helping out a newbie, or helping gear someone. The system you plan on implementing could and would encourage crafting/gathering.....but if there's an npc to deplete the spiritbond as well, those who want to sell or trade their items or multi melded gear still could. It's a win win situation.

thread for it here too btw: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...iritbinding-Ex
    (18)
    Last edited by VoltaAsura; 02-09-2013 at 01:50 PM.

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I support bind on equip items it actually keeps crafting worthwhile.
    (22)

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaAsura View Post
    Not a big fan of this change...it would overly complicate things that should be simple to do.

If this indeed implemented, ragardless of the negative feedback, would you look into the option to pay an NPC to deplete the spiritbond back to 0? This way if we want to give an item to a friend, or linkshell member we can do so without issue. This would also make it possible to sell/trade multi melded gear, and not be such a drastic change to the prior system in 1.0.

I ask for this simply because I've helped quite a bit of people in my XIV 1.0 days. I was one of the people that had no problems helping out a newbie, or helping gear someone. The system you plan on implementing could and would encourage crafting/gathering.....but if there's an npc to deplete the spiritbond as well, those who want to sell or trade their items or multi melded gear still could. It's a win win situation.

thread for it here too btw: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...iritbinding-Ex
    Having a npc to deplete the spirit bond to 0 would totally defeat the purpose of having it bind in the first place.
    (23)

Character
    Rex Xylon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90

So, what about the armoir in the inn? Will that still take away spirit bond? (If I recall that's what it did in 1.0 correct?)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ash Emberheart
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 76
    Not a fan of the binding...anything that helps keep crafting relevant though - which is absent in most every other game except 14 - is something I'll support. I loved how important and useful crafting was in 1.0. Its something I miss every time I play another game.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    So, what about the armoir in the inn? Will that still take away spirit bond? (If I recall that's what it did in 1.0 correct?)
    The Armoire took away the spiritbond due to a system limitation, it's pretty clear that it did not store the particular information about your item at all, it merely flagged if it existed or not (which requires far less storage space and is far simpler).
    Given that ARR will use a completely new system, the new Armoire could very well be a complete storage keeping track of all the attributes of the item from repair stage to spiritbond
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jeronlmo Sai
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Yes... because crafting is so usful in every other single MMO that has gear binding... obv a valid point... (soaked with sarcasm).
    (9)

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast