Player
    Character
    Azzi Lionheart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykotsu View Post
    Change them to materia and then sell the materia.....?
    What and lose the two materias already attached to it? I suppose you'd get more gil this way as opposed to npcing it, but would still be far less than selling a double melded piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenor View Post
    As a crafter I hate this idea. Who is going to pay lots of money for my double/triple melded wares when they can't sell it back on the wards when they find a better item? Prices will be determined based on how much gil people are willing to lose on an item rather than how much it is worth. This will force prices down, which will create a situation where items aren't worth making.

I certainly wouldn't pay 2 million gil for a double melded weapon when I can't sell it back for 1.5mil when I am done with it and I have to NPC it for 3000 gil. For that I would expect to pay no more than 500k
    I agree, I can't see how this is a good thing for crafters. Anything you buy with intent to use is practically a throw away item (worthless).

Can someone please enlighten me why they would want to impliment such a system and what good (if any) it has? I'm at a loss with why they would take this route with gear
    (5)
    Azzi Lionheart

Player
    Character
    Tora'a Moikot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 31
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart View Post
    Welcome to the world of MMOs, where you buy what do you NEED, without thinking "oh ill sell it back"
    FFXI-XIV were the only MMOs without this feature. You'll get used to it
    I won't get used to it. I will do the same as in any other MMO with item binding. I won't buy any gear from other players.
    (9)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzi View Post
    I don't like the idea of this at all. So I can't sell any of my old gear that I've used, all I can do is npc it? Here's a senario; I own and use a pair of double melded gauntlets, I want to try to make some triple melded gauntlets for an upgrade but I'm not going to attempt it on the ones I already use as if it fails I'm left with nothing. So I make some new gear and try for the triple meld over and over... A long time later, yipee! Finally triple melded the gauntlets. I now equip the triple melded ones as their better. But what do I do with the old ones??? Their pretty useless to me now, but I can't sell them as their spiritbonded to me. NPC? 15gil for double melded gauntlets, wtf?
    Turn it into materia you guuuuyz \o.O/

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Hey gang,

Thank you all for your feedback regarding materia melding/conversion. There are definitely some great suggestions and rest assured that we will be passing them along to the Development Team. I apologize that we cannot go over every point because things are still in development, but I brought along some notes from the dev. team that you may find quite interesting.

Currently, when converting high quality equipment into materia, there are no merits or bonuses for doing so. We would like to change this system and reward the use of HQ equipment in materia conversion in A Realm Reborn.

An example that we can talk about that was suggested by some of you, is we are looking into slightly increasing the rate in which higher tier materia can be created when converting HQ equipment or equipment with materia Melded to it, into materia.

We'll continue to work on improving the system so please let us know what you think!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzi View Post
    Can someone please enlighten me why they would want to impliment such a system and what good (if any) it has? I'm at a loss with why they would take this route with gear
    I explained in the other thread. I'm all for this.

The problem with crafted gear in other MMOs was not gearbinding, it was the fact that mobs and quests showered people with gear and they never needed to buy gear from other players. I couldn't stand going out and buying gear in GW2 only pick it up from a squirrel two days later, and I never needed to go to the shop hardly in TERA because the shop sold items that were given to me from NPCs (that everyone else was trying to sell off) In puzzle pirates, if you play enough, your gear would "turn to dust" after a period, think perma-gear-damage, but by then you had so much booty from pillaging you could probably find something that was better than you had.

Because no mob ever drops materia melded gear, even in its weaker new ARR version, materia melding still matters and crafters still matter. This change to gear binding actually enhances the need for crafting because continually takes melded gear out of the system with crafters the only source.
    (4)
    Last edited by HiirNoivl; 02-09-2013 at 09:18 PM.

Player
    Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Finally, regardless of whether they are bound to you or not, EX items and such that could not be transferred previously will still not be able to be transferred.
    I can tell Rukkirii has been dealing with XI lately. Isn't it called "Untradeable" in XIV or has the label changed to Exclusive?

It's a bit depressing that Rukkirii felt the need to say this at all, as if to cover the obvious in case someone decides to complain about it. Untradeable/Exclusive items obviously will never be transferable to other accounts, unless that attribute is removed from the item.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I'll save you Yoshida!

/casts Raise

Player
    Character
    Amanda Huggenkiss
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    In the Japanese client it's still called EX.
    (1)
    I like frog

Character
    Vantol Aviner
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    I won't get used to it. I will do the same as in any other MMO with item binding. I won't buy any gear from other players.
    Same here. This gearbinding thing is just stupid.
    (5)
    Last edited by Vantol; 02-09-2013 at 10:40 PM.

Player
    Character
    Maelina Sylfei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    I support bind on equip items it actually keeps crafting worthwhile.
    Ya, using second hand items is not fun.
    I once bought a second hand sword that had been repaired, but the core was broken! The repair simply served to camouflage the flaw, that sword should have be scrapped and melted.
    I can't express how bad in a pinch I got when it broke.

So, yeah, I second this. ^^
    (2)
    LOL cash shop! SE's way to tell their player how they appreciate them... pull the carrot and empty your pockets $$$
    And to those who support it: you are kicking yourselves. -- We just need to sit back and laugh at people with cash shop items.
    (Marvelous economics IQ test!)

Player
    Character
    Azzi Lionheart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by HiirNoivl View Post
    The problem with crafted gear in other MMOs was not gearbinding, it was the fact that mobs and quests showered people with gear and they never needed to buy gear from other players.
    Well lets hope with all the quests now we don't get gear rewards otherwise we'll get exactly that.

And it looks like the materia market is going to drastically drop as everyone will be turning old gear into materia and flooding the market.

I still don't understand what good this new system does?
    (2)
    Azzi Lionheart

Player
    Character
    Azzi Lionheart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakiamiie View Post
    Ya, using second hand items is not fun.
    I once bought a second hand sword that had been repaired, but the core was broken! The repair simply served to camouflage the flaw, that sword should have be scrapped and melted.
    I can't express how bad in a pinch I got when it broke.

So, yeah, I second this. ^^
    This doesn't happen in FFXIV???
    (0)
    Azzi Lionheart

Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    I support bind on equip items it actually keeps crafting worthwhile.
    Crafting was always worthwhile, there was just no reason to make lower ended gear. People just PLVL straight to 50.

I don't believe this system will sit well in ARR because of Materia. It doesn't matter if melding chances shoot up significantly. If people lose all value on items they purchase, they will spend less. This isn't that great of an economic move. People who bought before will create their own now. I sure as hell am not going to spend 60k on an item I would have purchased before if I can go farm/make it myself.

A better move in my opinion was the limitation of leveling a certain craft past a certain level so people have to specialize.

All this system will do is hurt people will less Gil available, and force people who have a lot to not spend it as frequently.
    (7)

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast