Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Item Binding

Character
    Tonio Steiner
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60
    This Item Binding idea, me liketh. Seeing as it is a tough kind of game-play attribute where-by you won't be able to exchange an item after a certain point... I think is good.
    (4)

Character
    Saskia Sinwolf
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 65
    Well at least its not Bind on equip so it makes it tolerable for me.
    At first I was kinda bummed but as long as I can try stuff on and it not bind to me instantly then ok I guess lol

Still kind of sucks tho that I wont be able to do anything with gear I do have SB with and want to get rid of or pass on to someone, can't do that anymore ; ;
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Punainen Drak
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    As a crafter, I love this news. As a person who has in the past, needed to borrow/lend gear, it is disappointing news. But I guess I'll get used to it. Hopefully it'll give me a better income from crafting with which to buy the gear I need. 'Cause I gotta admit, my income as a crafter before was dismal.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Punainen Drak
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
    Well at least its not Bind on equip so it makes it tolerable for me.
    At first I was kinda bummed but as long as I can try stuff on and it not bind to me instantly then ok I guess lol

Still kind of sucks tho that I wont be able to do anything with gear I do have SB with and want to get rid of or pass on to someone, can't do that anymore ; ;
    Yeah, I'm really glad we'll at least be able to try stuff on without it getting bound to us, lol. I love seeing how things look on me, even if I intend to sell it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Azzi Lionheart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I don't like the idea of this at all. So I can't sell any of my old gear that I've used, all I can do is npc it? Here's a senario; I own and use a pair of double melded gauntlets, I want to try to make some triple melded gauntlets for an upgrade but I'm not going to attempt it on the ones I already use as if it fails I'm left with nothing. So I make some new gear and try for the triple meld over and over... A long time later, yipee! Finally triple melded the gauntlets. I now equip the triple melded ones as their better. But what do I do with the old ones??? Their pretty useless to me now, but I can't sell them as their spiritbonded to me. NPC? 15gil for double melded gauntlets, wtf?
    (19)
    Azzi Lionheart

Player
    Character
    Psy Kotsu
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzi View Post
    I don't like the idea of this at all. So I can't sell any of my old gear that I've used, all I can do is npc it? Here's a senario; I own and use a pair of double melded gauntlets, I want to try to make some triple melded gauntlets for an upgrade but I'm not going to attempt it on the ones I already use as if it fails I'm left with nothing. So I make some new gear and try for the triple meld over and over... A long time later, yipee! Finally triple melded the gauntlets. I now equip the triple melded ones as their better. But what do I do with the old ones??? Their pretty useless to me now, but I can't sell them as their spiritbonded to me. NPC? 15gil for double melded gauntlets, wtf?
    Change them to materia and then sell the materia.....?
    (6)

7. 02-09-2013 06:03 PM

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Azzi View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth. I was thinking the same thing as soon as i read the OP.
    I don't like this at all.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Xenor Vernix
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    As a crafter I hate this idea. Who is going to pay lots of money for my double/triple melded wares when they can't sell it back on the wards when they find a better item? Prices will be determined based on how much gil people are willing to lose on an item rather than how much it is worth. This will force prices down, which will create a situation where items aren't worth making.

I certainly wouldn't pay 2 million gil for a double melded weapon when I can't sell it back for 1.5mil when I am done with it and I have to NPC it for 3000 gil. For that I would expect to pay no more than 500k.

Hopefully BoE items will not be the common crafted items but rather things like Dodore Doublet or other items that require a rare material or even drops from chests/dungeons that don't have the ex label.
    (11)
    FFXIV: ARR item database, ability lists, maps, guides, dungeon loot lists and more. - http://www.ffxivinfo.com

Player
    Character
    Dragonheart Lux
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Item binding it's present in any mmo guys. It's really a basic thing for the global economy of the game. 100% support this.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Dragonheart Lux
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenor View Post
    As a crafter I hate this idea. Who is going to pay lots of money for my double/triple melded wares when they can't sell it back on the wards when they find a better item? Prices will be determined based on how much gil people are willing to lose on an item rather than how much it is worth. This will force prices down, which will create a situation where items aren't worth making.

I certainly wouldn't pay 2 million gil for a double melded weapon when I can't sell it back for 1.5mil when I am done with it and I have to NPC it for 3000 gil. For that I would expect to pay no more than 500k.

Hopefully BoE items will not be the common crafted items but rather things like Dodore Doublet or other items that require a rare material or even drops from chests/dungeons that don't have the ex label.
    Welcome to the world of MMOs, where you buy what do you NEED, without thinking "oh ill sell it back"
    FFXI-XIV were the only MMOs without this feature. You'll get used to it
    (2)

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast