Player
    Character
    Mimi Dawn
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80

who will be staying on Ragnarok?

I think it was better when I was on Selbina, Lots more people and easier to find a group. So for me I am going back to Selbina or Ridhill as it is now. Can't wait for 2.0 and will be starting afresh so server move no problem.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amanda Huggenkiss
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I don't believe any of the old servers will exist.
    What will most likely happen is where ever we go at Beta4 will be where we end up.
    (2)
    I like frog

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    As i understand it you'd be on your existing server until sometime after the initial release so as to give players a chance to arrange to stick together. not log in and find your friends scaterred across multiple worlds. because noone knew who was where.

at that time there wasnt any information about what server would be what region or anything. so you may not want to go to ridill because maybe its a jp located server and you're in the usa. or something similar.

I don't think they've said anything different since. though i may have missed it so if there was any information about servers i'd appreciate a link. but as i understood it on the initial release you'll be on whatever server you were on on the final save. until they allow transfers at some later date.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Amanda Huggenkiss
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    What you are missing though is whatever we do after the start of beta4 will be saved.
    This means we will be wherever that is.
    (1)
    I like frog

Player
    Character
    White Demon
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    I think so far the ragnarok is a good place to stay cause its nice and not over populated. It seems to me that this is more of a friendly server, perfect for this Canuck who takes things easy going.
    (0)

6. 02-09-2013 07:56 PM

Player
    Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I didn't even know it was possible to change worlds starting ARR BETA! o.o
    (0)

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~
    TENTs because solo-friendly content forces me to want one!
    (HP + Instantly logout anywhere)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/
    *Excalibur* Nation: Limsa Laminsa

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Reinheart View Post
    Regarding server transfer in ARR

Quote Originally Posted by Triairy View Post
    こんばんは。
    Good evening,

今まで吉田Pよりコメントさせていただいた情報もあわせお伝えします。
    新生サービス開始にあわせ、新規プレイヤーを対象にワールドを新設予定です。一定期間は既存ユーザーの移動はできません。
    I will answer along with the information from Yoshida P.
    At start of ARR service we are planning new worlds targeting new players. For existing players you will not be able to transfer for a while.

現行プレイヤーのワールド移転については、一度でも現行版をプレイしてくださっている方々が、新生FFXIVのサービス開始のタイミングで、どの程度復帰していただけるかを考慮する必要があるため、βテストなどの状況を加味した上で検討を行います。
    Regarding current players world transfer - We need to check how many players will return from those who played the current version at timing of ARR service start. so we will look into this along with checking the situation on beta test as well.

また、FF25周年イベント FFXIVスペシャルトークショーの中でご紹介した「ワールド移転の自由度向上」というのは、FFXIで行っているようなワールド移転サービスを提供できるようなシステムを設計しているという意味です。
    Also at the 25th anniversary event FFXIV Special Talk Show we introduced "Increasing world transfer" This means to be able to offer system structure which allows world transfer like the one in FFXI.

For the first part it's most likely saying existing players can't go to newly added worlds to control economy among new players vs existing players.

I'm not sure about the 2nd part - I only know XI transfer where you talk to NPC when they had the transfer option available...that?? or something new lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    The portion you quoted is specifically referring to the fresh "New Player" servers that we plan to introduce and that only fresh starting new characters will be able to join (whether that's a completely new player, or a brand new character of a returning player) and this restriction will be in place for a specific period of time (not yet finalized).

It goes on to say that new players will be able to join existing/established worlds as long as there is room on the world, but that old, returning players cannot move to the brand-new "new player" worlds.

Hopefully that clears it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    I know you are asking about what will happen to version 1.0 characters, but we're currently working on finalizing the plans and will need to wait until it has been decided on before we can share details. Once that's done, we'll be sure to let you know.

As for server transfers in general, we are planning to implement the ability to change servers and we'll share more information as soon as it becomes available.
    /10chararacter
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    yeah that seems to back up my earlier post. nice to be updated though
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Dzian View Post
    yeah that seems to back up my earlier post. nice to be updated though
    yup

/10char
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Santori Zhonets
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaHuggenkiss View Post
    What you are missing though is whatever we do after the start of beta4 will be saved.
    SE hopes so but doesn't guarantee it:
    Quote Originally Posted by ARR_Roadmap
    Beta Test Phase 4
    Characters created during this phase will be carried over to the official release.
    * Circumstance may necessitate the deletion of character data.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast