Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Exocryst Lebreska
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    If you're not sure if you're breaking NDA, best not to type anything really.
    (4)
    <--Giver of yarns, not the giver of darns :3
    Follow me on Twitter @Antanias_

Player
    Character
    Miliant Ciou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 68
    Well, this is genuinely disappointing.
    (1)
    We'll take it into consideration.

Player
    Character
    Ilethius Tarraban
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 6
    Nothing to be disappointed about, were here to primarly test not play the game in full and your job is very important, feedback is key. This time SE is listening so all the testers need to report bugs and give feedback when you find it.

The quicker the bugs are squished and feedback is given the quicker SE can move us onto the next phase
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Seeing how my main is BLM,LNC,MNK i don't really see a issue with just testing LNC again lol. I really do want to play monk and see how it change but i guess i have to wait ;(
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Austen Bloodspatter
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    CNJ seemed weak and boring in alpha, so i hope they improved it. Otherwise only LNC, and ARC will be fun to play.
    Otherwise only hardcore people will play CNJ to high lv; so it will be hard to test FATE and instances, if there's hardly any CNJ around even.
    Or party will be quite important for CNJ specifically.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tipira Kandi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 52
    diffrent job setups can extremly change the outcome of a fight imo. with only LNC WHM and ARC its hard to tell if you should balance FATE because with maybe BLM PLD and WAR the fight could change drastically when it comes to make strategies. so i wonder how you can balance something thats just not there :O
    (0)
    Last edited by Tipira; 02-08-2013 at 11:45 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lady Purrsalot
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    Its a beta test, the character data is going to be deleted anyway. Is it really "disappointing" that you can't play the class you want to play at release?

Personally, I know I'll be able to see bugs, possible exploits, and "bad ideas" on any class I play.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Austen Bloodspatter
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipira View Post
    diffrent job setups can extremly change the outcome of a fight imo. with only LNC WHM and ARC its hard to tell if you should balance FATE because with maybe BLM PLD and WAR the fight could change drastically when it comes to make strategies. so i wonder how you can balance something thats just not there :O
    Just cause we cant play it, doesn't mean devs cant play it
    It's not ONLY players testing the game. I'm sure the devs are competent enough to not mess it up completely. Then i don't think tactics are gonna change so much anyways; because i think it will be similar to what it was before. It's not like it's a completely new FF game, with totally new classes and skills...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Miliant Ciou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 68
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilethius View Post
    Nothing to be disappointed about, were here to primarly test not play the game in full and your job is very important, feedback is key. This time SE is listening so all the testers need to report bugs and give feedback when you find it.

The quicker the bugs are squished and feedback is given the quicker SE can move us onto the next phase
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Its a beta test, the character data is going to be deleted anyway. Is it really "disappointing" that you can't play the class you want to play at release?

Personally, I know I'll be able to see bugs, possible exploits, and "bad ideas" on any class I play.
    Well, in my opinion, it's disappointing because testing abilities to see if they work properly and overall battle balance is also a vital part of the testing process. With 3/7 jobs out, testing for that is going to be hard.

For example, apart from overall battle balance when playing with all classes, I'm interested in testing Monk, since they already said it was the job that would experience the most extensive changes.
    (0)
    We'll take it into consideration.

Greetings everyone,

I've updated the original post in this thread to clarify my original statement. While normally you would only be able to play as the classes available in Gridania, please note that as a special exception during Beta Test phase 1 & 2, players will be able to complete specific objectives to unlock the gladiator class. Tanks will be very much needed for content like instanced raids (the level 25 dungeon in particular) and as such the dev. team has made them available for usage!

Eagle-eyed posters already spotted some gladiators in our most recent blog post, too.
    (102)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast