Player
    Character
    Vivi Necron
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by LlenCoram View Post
    They'd better all be in the game. If I can't fish the very second I log in... I don't even know what I'll do. Kill myself maybe.
    Remeber DEVs have stated you start with a battle class and then I think is level 10 you can go and change jobs. So first kill stuff until level 10 then go fishing.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Austen Bloodspatter
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    I think it will be same classes as alpha, phase 1-2. Otherwise you can't do class quests, since they are tied to guild?
    I don't know if it's really any issue that you couldn't do PUG quests though for example; but it would be a little odd.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Asael Drakengard
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Altena View Post
    Wow so much back and forth bickering over the 5 pages in here.

How about we all just relax and wait for beta to find out?
    No, we must speculate. Speculation is pretty much one of humanities greatest past times. =P

Still it's fun to imagine all the various possibilities never the less.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shift Solari
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite View Post
    Um.... yeah, I was an alpha tester also and that has nothing to do with it so why do you say it like only alpha testers know what jobs are located in grid and have been located in grid since 2010.... Alpha testers were just stress testers they don't know anymore than the average player, I don't know why Alpha testers act like they have some super secret piece of information when NO you don't all the information about Alpha has been released in video by SE so please stop with that... The NDA has nothing I MEAN NOTHING to do with the jobs grid has had in the past and is obvious in every alpha video... Grid has LNC, ARC, CON, LTW, CRP, BOT... This is common knowledge and nothing to do with alpha testers or a NDA... Common sense and the thread goes on wondering about something that was answered for them almost 3 years ago then re answered when they announced what jobs were playable at Alpha launch... SMH.

FYI....Just so we don't have to have a long discussion about Arcanist the guild is in Limsa....

LOL Just reading your post makes me wonder did you play before alpha at all? If so did you ever go to grid?
    This thread isn't just about the classes that are in Gridania, but more-so the inclusion of the classes that aren't based in Gridania for Phase 1 of beta.

I'm sure the Alpha testers would be more than happy to elaborate on the reasoning, if they knew without a shadow of a doubt that it wouldn't violate the NDA and cause them to get banned. They are just being cautious so you have no right to trash them.

Trying to answer some of these questions while not violating the NDA is like dancing on dental floss strung between two skyscrapers.
    (2)

Greetings,

As mentioned in the Producer Letter, the first phase of the Beta Test will take place in Gridania, and as such will only include the classes that have guilds found within Gridania.

That said, please remember that the Alpha Tester non-disclosure agreement is still in effect, so please refrain from discussion Alpha-related content.

Update: While normally you would only be able to play as the classes available in Gridania, please note that as a special exception during Beta Test phase 1 & 2, players will be able to complete specific objectives to unlock the gladiator class. (Updated Feb 9, 10:20am PST)
    (57)
    Last edited by Bayohne; 02-10-2013 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Updated Information
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Shift Solari
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Greetings,

As mentioned in the Producer Letter, the first phase of the Beta Test will take place in Gridania, and as such will only include the classes that have guilds found within Gridania.

That said, please remember that the Alpha Tester non-disclosure agreement is still in effect, so please refrain from discussion Alpha-related content.
    It's a Bayohne! /poke /poke

Thanks for confirming ^^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amarah Barrett
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Nice to have confirmation. That is incredibly disappointing news, though. Was hoping to finally get a glimpse of the actual battle system with group dynamics, etc.. but that won't be possible without a tank class available.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Robobandit View Post
    Nice to have confirmation. That is incredibly disappointing news, though. Was hoping to finally get a glimpse of the actual battle system with group dynamics, etc.. but that won't be possible without a tank class available.
    LNC tank FTW! We'll be capped at lvl 35ish, so I don't think it'll matter much.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Exocryst Lebreska
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Greetings,

Will this apply to Phase 2 as well? There's no mention of Ul'dah and Limsa Lominsa in the PDF's for that phase.
    (0)
    <--Giver of yarns, not the giver of darns :3
    Follow me on Twitter @Antanias_

Player
    Character
    Sid Rheingold
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Question about classes/jobs is solved, going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilethius View Post
    Originally Posted by Beta Roadmap
    The following will be implemented for testing:
    Main scenario (partial) / Sidequests / Class quests / Full Active Time Events
    Hunting Log / New behest / Dungeons (up to level 35)
    Opening event (excluding CG movie) / Cutscenes / Player Search
    Markets / Item Search (text strings, HQ, materia, etc.) / Other

Hunting Log - like a beastiary?? was anything ever officially posted about this? as I think I may have missed it! If so, can anyone share the link?
    At least I don't remember anything about it... but Bestiary sounds plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Antanias View Post
    Will this apply to Phase 2 as well? There's no mention of Ul'dah and Limsa Lominsa in the PDF's for that phase.
    Indicates that the rest of the jobs will be shown in Beta Phase 3, unless the Devs decide to release them earlier. I would NOT want that to happen if the final touch to the game balance is still missing.
    (0)
    Last edited by SidRheingold; 02-08-2013 at 04:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasunaich View Post
    Ich hoffe, du kommst auch ohne Rezept an genug Koks XD

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast