Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Austen Bloodspatter
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Right, because a Caucasian person can't get dreadlocks, cause only Jamaicans have it?
    Culture isn't race specific, and people usually dress etc with the culture they identify themselves with. So you could be a Highlander, that dress and have haircut like some Roe, cause you grew up in a Roe community?
    (6)

Player

Dear SE, I know that having a character that looks just like everyone elses character is a standard feature in MMO'S but this is one thing you should not be copying. Go and count all the hairstyles you have, now times it by 10 and make that many and you may get close to what you should be providing.

Yours, hoping not to be massively dissapointed with the character creation for a second time,

Thebard.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Etoile Kallera
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebard View Post
    Dear SE, I know that having a character that looks just like everyone elses character is a standard feature in MMO'S but this is one thing you should not be copying. Go and count all the hairstyles you have, now times it by 10 and make that many and you may get close to what you should be providing.

Yours, hoping not to be massively dissapointed with the character creation for a second time,

Thebard.
    The PS3 needs to handle all of this, there's no way you can do that and not make the haristyles look too simplistic, also, there are a whole bunch of colors too, even in 1.0 you can have your platinum blue haired character.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Radacci View Post
    Right, because a Caucasian person can't get dreadlocks, cause only Jamaicans have it?
    Culture isn't race specific, and people usually dress etc with the culture they identify themselves with. So you could be a Highlander, that dress and have haircut like some Roe, cause you grew up in a Roe community?
    There is a literal hair difference between "real" world races - such that you -cannot- naturally have X hair as Y race. Certainly you can put chemicals in your hair for an effect similar - but it isnt actually the same.

So yes I believe some hair styles would be just to a particular race - which ones I dont know, since most of the ones we have currently dont look like it relies around the dynamics of the hair(which makes the argument of race specific hair harder, but I still think races should have as many identifiers as possible - unless SE is going to say we can interbreed because we are the same family of species.. then screw it all for all :P lol). Speaking of that It would be cool to have the hair be a little different (the actual racial characteristics, wavy curly, straight and coarse). Though unfortunately having already made characters and set expectations people wouldn't be ready for change, so.. 99% never going to happen lol.

/queue pout-y face. :P
    (0)
    Last edited by Shougun; 02-09-2013 at 03:10 AM.

Community Rep
    We understand that by adding more elements it would open up character creation even more and give rise to more possibilities. However, by adding more elements the character data packets would also increase and there is a possibility that it would greatly affect network traffic.

Keeping in mind that this game will be global, we would like to look into this very carefully, since there will be users from all over the world accessing the game.

With all of that said, we are not turning away any requests for elements you all would like, so by all means please send us your feedback.
    (43)
    Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Sa'niquel Amrita
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    snip
    Hi Rukkirii and thanks for reminding us about important things to keep in mind when discussing this sort of thing ^_^

Could you please shed some light on if the 'Barber' NPC is still in the works and any details concerning its location/s, restrictions and general use?

Can you tell us anything about the character creation process that will directly be influenced by lore - racial or otherwise?

Has the idea of adding features to your character only available from achievement or quest rewards ever been considered? (ie. instead of earning a GC shield you earn access to a new GC tattoo)
    (2)
    Last edited by Niqote; 02-09-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Masamune ♡ SGD ♡ Australia
    My DA / FFXIV SS Glamours - http://tinyurl.com/mvmdebr

Player

We understand that by adding more elements it would open up character creation even more and give rise to more possibilities. However, by adding more elements the character data packets would also increase and there is a possibility that it would greatly affect network traffic.

Keeping in mind that this game will be global, we would like to look into this very carefully, since there will be users from all over the world accessing the game.

With all of that said, we are not turning away any requests for elements you all would like, so by all means please send us your feedback.
    Excuse my cynicism but isn't that the default SE response for everything, akin to the old "due to PS2 limitations..." then suddenly in 1-2 years time it will be inexplicably possible.
    Will the ammount of character creation options that the game can handle without causing an unacceptable increase in network traffic be tested in beta if it is the issue here?
    The sooner the customer can evaluate what they will be paying for the better for all concerned.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Etoile Kallera
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebard View Post
    Excuse my cynicism but isn't that the default SE response for everything, akin to the old "due to PS2 limitations..." then suddenly in 1-2 years time it will be inexplicably possible.
    Will the ammount of character creation options that the game can handle without causing an unacceptable increase in network traffic be tested in beta if it is the issue here?
    The sooner the customer can evaluate what they will be paying for the better for all concerned.
    Connection issues and making sure launch goes smoothly outclass your unmeetable demands.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Cin Liatho
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70

Wavy hair for Miqo'tes, I'll love you forever. XD

(Not that I don't already... ^_^)
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Kallera View Post
    Connection issues and making sure launch goes smoothly outclass your unmeetable demands.
    Perhaps if you read this thread and also the JP forums you will find its not just me. Perhaps if you read the dev/mod post on this very page you will see that you are mistaken. Perhaps you will be happy with any old rubbish SE serves you up?
    Perhaps you will make a witty response to this post, ok thats taking things too far.
    (2)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast