Player
    Character
    Sa'niquel Amrita
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90

Shared hairstyles, new hairstyles and changing them

The latest letter (as well as some other apparently mined pics) gives us evidence that hairstyles will be shared within the races.

F Elezen -> F Miqo'te hairstyle
    M Lalafell -> M Elezen hairstyle
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/60207

But I really do hope we will also be getting a range of new hairstyles, if not now then why not in future patches?

We already know the new races will have at least one new hairstyle, but other then that one each, will they simply share our already existing ones? (Which are practically all from FFXI)

In a previous life FFXIV was supposed to have a 'Barber' of sorts... (no...not the medicinal slack jaw at the Golden bazaar)
    We would have the option to change our hair style and colour for a price as I remember it, will this still be implemented in game at any planned stage?
    Would this include other features such as make up, war paint, scars, bindis etc?
    Would this be a viable option to 'turning off' our Legacy markings or even other perhaps achievement related markings?
    example:
    Able to purchase ''Slash scarring'' on upper arm or leg: reward from slaying 50,000 mobs
    Able to purchase ''Holy jewel Bindi": reward from slaying 20,000 undead type mobs

++This is not a 'I want pretties over teh gamplay' thread... so it's rather unproductive to say 'I'd rather they fix the gameplay' ... we already know they are fixing/changing/whatever-ing the gameplay

TL;DR: Are the current amount of hairstyles (if interchangeable between races) enough options for you? Would you like to see more options in general even if they had to be 'earned'? Would you ask that new customization be released in patches as a usual update along with new crafts/gear etc?
    ++ Don't be daft

Love Nique

PS. /Barfira

Edit: Thanks for these extra images Elexia ^^~!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    We understand that by adding more elements it would open up character creation even more and give rise to more possibilities. However, by adding more elements the character data packets would also increase and there is a possibility that it would greatly affect network traffic.

Keeping in mind that this game will be global, we would like to look into this very carefully, since there will be users from all over the world accessing the game.

With all of that said, we are not turning away any requests for elements you all would like, so by all means please send us your feedback.
    (21)
    Last edited by Niqote; 02-09-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Masamune ♡ SGD ♡ Australia
    My DA / FFXIV SS Glamours - http://tinyurl.com/mvmdebr

Player
    Character
    Etoile Kallera
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    I would like to see more options that have to be earnable, unfortunately the ps3 needs to be hand held through all this. And I dunno how far it can be taken before it looks gimicky and we have Yoshi P's hair as an option.

Is there a link for the blog entry or are these the only screenshots? That character creator can't come soon enough...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sa'niquel Amrita
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallera View Post
    Is there a link for the blog entry or are these the only screenshots? That character creator can't come soon enough...
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/60207 there ya go ^^
    (1)

Masamune ♡ SGD ♡ Australia
    My DA / FFXIV SS Glamours - http://tinyurl.com/mvmdebr

Player
    Character
    Mudd Vader
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 54
    I enjoyed the look of that Lalafell with the Elezen hairstyle.
    Given there will be a barber, I would expect there to be some hairstyle additions over time.
    That function allows them that option.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Beatbox
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    I have to say, I am NOT okay with the Hyur in the bottom right sharing the same hair style as me. It's too sexy to be blanded up on them.

>:I

(I want to see a Lalafell with the bald Roegadyn "hair" style...)
    (5)

Player
    Eorzea―Gridania(Wutai) Vana'diel―Bastok(Lakshmi)
    Character
    Kohana Iroha
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 74
    It was already stated that with the release of the barber shop, they will implement new hairstyles along with it.

It was also mentioned we'd be getting a more diverse number of styles at ARR's release, but that could mean just a lot of borrowed racial styles; like what we see in OP.
    (4)

The races already had the ability to use hairstyles of each other in 1.0 it just wasn't added actively, so there's a good chance this time around they'll share it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Goufunaki Rammstein
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Oh god, that midlander with the roe hair, lol.

But i am glad we're getting more options.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sod Ransom
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    I think it would be sweet to have customization options for your character throughout your game-play. I don't know much about the technical difficulties accompanying that..but it doesn't SEEM that tough..is it? Either way, it would definitely add to the role playing aspect of the game, being able to change the appearance of your character as you progress through the game.
    (1)

http://chaostheoryffxiv.enjin.com

Player
    Character
    Cindrie Estelloix
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Would I be satisfied? Not really, but I would be a lot happier if all they do is unlock existing hair and have it on all races, it's not really adding anything new but it sure helps alleviate choice problems. There are some really nice female Midlander hair I wanted on my Miqo'te for example, so it would make me happy for now, but I would really like a few entirely new options as well down the road.
    (0)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast