Hybrid View

Player
    Eorzea―Gridania(Wutai) Vana'diel―Bastok(Lakshmi)
    Character
    Kohana Iroha
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 74

FFXIV:ARR Recommended System Requirements

I am looking for specific hardware specifications that allow the final release (ver.) to play on MAX graphical settings without loss of performance.

For example:
    "Is the i5 more suitable than the i7; or was FFXIV:ARR tested with i5 or i7?"
    "Is 8gb RAM more than enough for the life of the game; Is 16gb+ needed for certain scenarios, even if not needed all the time?"
    "What hardware set-up is best to avoid Direct X, etc. crashes?"

I would like to minimize my PC build expense as much as possible and would love as much feedback on this as possible.

I want to add as well, which version of windows is most stable at this time with current hardware and drivers. I have a fear if I went with Win 8 half the crap I'd end up buying would crash when I go to open a music file...
    After my experience with my current laptop crashing for god who knows why when playing games I get paranoid about PC builds.
    (0)
    Last edited by MyKotoShi; 02-05-2013 at 05:15 AM.

Player
    Character
    Atom Wolfgang
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I have read that current games would not utilize more than 8gb of RAM and that there is some future proof with this. Just something I have read though, not 100% sure.

I would also look into HDD's transferring @ 6gb/s, it has made a noticeable difference for me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Merc; 02-05-2013 at 05:19 AM.
    /point /laugh

Player
    Character
    Medura Bloodspiller
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    if you make the computer now, the price will be the double of what it is when ARR comes out :P Wait with buying the parts untill a month before launch and the requirements actually exists. Not even beta requirements is out there.
    (0)

Player
    Uldah (i picked Limsa Lominsa by mistake at phase 4!)
    Character
    Undie Nilleshna
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Id wait and if your signed up for beta you can test performance out then, FFXIV's orginal engine left a lot to be desired and ARR's engine been completely rebuilt to run better with lower hardware specs. The benchmark should see a release sometime soon as well which will help rate your current build. Im not that techy so thats the only advice i can offer...Windows 8, umm ive heard alot of people say leave it for now.
    (1)

"Your former glories and all the stories, dragged and washed with eager hands..but oh your city lies in dust my friend!"

Unfortunately, the system requirements for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn have not been released yet. The closest thing I would be able to refer you to is the System Requirements for the Beta Test, which you will be able to find in the link below.

http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/detail_na.html
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Carlosx Taka
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    the link does not work
    (0)

Player