Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoDarkwolf View Post
    Wow. If that number's somewhere near "for real", then that would be, like, 5 copies of the studio I work at, all working on one project.

That's got to be insanely expensive. My napkin math says "something north of $150,000,000/year in just people".
    Somewhere in a interview he said there about 900+ people working on FFXIV 2.0 and a skeleton crew working on 1.0 releasing all the patch and such. I remember reading that yoshi-p also took some people from FFXI to help with the battle system to see what they could do and such.

I have a feeling that a big % of the people working on ffxiv only work one something for let's say 2week then went back to working on other stuff SE need. I don't think the 900 people where working every day making ffxiv 2.0 if that was then i think we would be by beta3 dont you think?

I mean he did say there 900 people working but not sure if they was on for full time or just few parts and then left i guess we never know or maybe yoshi-p would give us that info.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Sepia Windsword
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Well, if Square staffs their projects the way my studio does, people generally get assigned to something until it's done, or until something changes about the release schedule that suddenly makes one project more urgent than another. But you're right, it's hard to know what they're doing, exactly. For instance, they might have temporarily borrowed a large number of artists to ram through the weapons and armor, who have since gone back to Lightning Returns, or FFXV, or something.

Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    After the launch is where YoshiP will be more super busy guys, I don't see it in him to take a vacation since after the launch he need to make sure the game has more people joining in.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dharmathius Vananti
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Lirion View Post
    Yoshi is like Superman, he gets his power from the sun.

Praise the sun!

(〃⌒▽⌒)八(〃⌒▽⌒〃)八(⌒▽⌒〃)
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Misa Gasai
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    +1
    /10char
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Estelomo Claustrada
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Loggos View Post
    I'm Loggos and I'm awesome

ZOMG, LOGGOS! *tackle-glomp-hug-worship*

IT has finally happened! I have been waiting for this day for a long time. Finally I can ask you this one question I have wanted to ask you but never felt was contextually relevant to do so (if only we had a PM system).

But...um...hey where did it go? Forever you had this comic strip as your signature. Right? RIGHT??? I wasn't just dreaming it up, was I? I'm not crazy! I just wanted to know where you found it and if there was more.

It was about a Straw Hat...and Merlwyb...and it had a pink background...maybe I was hallucinating...

Oh -- I completely support this thread.

+1

BUT I MUST KNOW!
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teryaani View Post
    None of you are real. You're all just cats pounding on a keyboard, and using ELIZA software when in TS3/Vent.

Player
    Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 66
    I sincerely agree with this thread.
    Yoshi-P, no matter how successful the game turns out (and I say that with high hopes), know that your tireless efforts have been truly inspiring.
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I'll save you Yoshida!

/casts Raise

Player
    Character
    Felix Valmont
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 35
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    I mean he did say there 900 people working but not sure if they was on for full time or just few parts and then left i guess we never know or maybe yoshi-p would give us that info.
    He could but then he'd have to send in the Company Ninja to .....clean up.

I also like how it Yoshi that always gets all the support, what about those 900 other guys what about there love.

Sigh... such is the fate of the cubicle master, i suppose.
    (1)
    Last edited by Valmonte; 02-03-2013 at 06:37 PM.

Player
    Character
    Aaravos Midnightstar
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 33
    Quote Originally Posted by Hestern_Nestern View Post
    ZOMG, LOGGOS! *tackle-glomp-hug-worship*

IT has finally happened! I have been waiting for this day for a long time. Finally I can ask you this one question I have wanted to ask you but never felt was contextually relevant to do so (if only we had a PM system).

But...um...hey where did it go? Forever you had this comic strip as your signature. Right? RIGHT??? I wasn't just dreaming it up, was I? I'm not crazy! I just wanted to know where you found it and if there was more.

It was about a Straw Hat...and Merlwyb...and it had a pink background...maybe I was hallucinating...

Oh -- I completely support this thread.

+1

BUT I MUST KNOW!
    Ah, you didn't hallucinate. I kicked it out of my signature yesterday actually. I drew it myself (the straw hat was a running gag in our ls) but I figured since nobody would understand (and the gag has died long ago) it must be absurd for everyone who looks at it...
    But yeah, self-made.

Honestly, I don't think I'm awesome. :/ It's sad if this thread evokes the impression that I think so because that's not what I wanted to achieve with it.
    And as I said in the OP I know it might not be possible and it is reasonable that after the launch is still hell of work to do. Still, I'm a bit worried (maybe I'm too much into this burn-out psychology thing, bear with me, please. It's quite a big matter to me.).
    (3)
    Last edited by Loggos; 02-03-2013 at 09:08 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lady Purrsalot
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    His reward will be all the praise he gets for successfully relaunching a mmo-- the first to do so in history.
    (8)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast