Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Materia in 2.0

Materia in 2.0

TL;DR on the bottom
    I've been thinking lately, with the new point and click gathering system (Which I both like and unlike) would it mess up gathering catalysts for materia? Before, to get what you wanted you had to go to a certain area and go through the minigame with FotG equipped. You weren't garenteed to get what you want, but it was effective if you had some up to date gear for that nodes level or better. Just before the last save I really started to get into materia melding. I started to make tons of gil just selling the level 20 catalysts for mining in Thanalan. So.. seems like in 2.0 then you'll have to be really lucky or have great gear to get catalysts to show when you gather in the right area? I don't recall hearing much information about HQ materials yet but am guessing it will follow a similar system. I can only imagine it would be that much harder to meld your gear; and needless to say more expensive if you purchase everything.

Please tell me that I am not the only one worrying. Thoughts welcome.

Tl;DR
    How will catalyst collecting work in 2.0? Melding harder? Maybe.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    In 2.0 melding in a way would be easy if you have the following

HQ item increase meld success rate
    100% spirit item would also increase meld success rate

To get materia itself you have a high success rate with a +1 item of getting that rare Materia vs a NQ

Seeing how crafting could be little harder to get +1 item i would think that HQ item in the market would cost a lot. Everyone would be making SB spirit bond party so they can get higher success rate in melding. So i think the market going to be very good for DOL,DOH and people who enjoy melding.

I not sure about your first part of your question about collecting catalyst but i answer your melding part. I think getting HQ item from node going to be harder seeing how melding is somewhat easy with HQ item and 100 spirit bond

I really do wish SE would limit how many craft you can get pass 50 or if they could do something like. You have all DOH 50 but you can only become a master in one craft and that would allow you to make rare items. Anything to limit everyone flooding the market with loads of items/junk but w/e i don't mind there always a way to make gil lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zenaku; 01-30-2013 at 06:43 AM.
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

I'm sorry. Maybe I should clarify. I know how melding worked in 1.0. That is not what I'm asking. I'm asking theoretically if other people think getting catalysts will be harder, therefore more expensive on the market then they already were. If cataclysts became more expensive, the price of melding will go up if you are not making your own materia and catacylsts. Melding will be harder to do since it is more costly. This thread isn't about materia creation; but the gathering aspect of cataclysts and how it will effect the markets. Anything I've seen in the videos so far will not effect spirit-bonding in the least.

Once you have the components required to try to meld on a item I believe it will be the same difficulty as before; 100% for the first materia, 50% on the 2nd etc...

Thanks for your input though!

TL;DR
    I know how materia melding worked in 1.0, this is really more about cataclysts and how it will effect the market. But thanks anyway!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna_the_Lalafell View Post
    I'm sorry. Maybe I should clarify. I know how melding worked in 1.0. That is not what I'm asking. I'm asking theoretically if other people think getting catalysts will be harder, therefore more expensive on the market then they already were. If cataclysts became more expensive, the price of melding will go up if you are not making your own materia and catacylsts. Melding will be harder to do since it is more costly. This thread isn't about materia creation; but the gathering aspect of cataclysts and how it will effect the markets. Anything I've seen in the videos so far will not effect spirit-bonding in the least.

Once you have the components required to try to meld on a item I believe it will be the same difficulty as before; 100% for the first materia, 50% on the 2nd etc...

Thanks for your input though!

TL;DR
    I know how materia melding worked in 1.0, this is really more about cataclysts and how it will effect the market. But thanks anyway!
    Will if cataclysts would cost more and melding would be easy due to the fact that. 100% spirit bond item and HQ gear = higher success rate of melding then it would balance itself out. Also the information i put in my post is not how 1.0 melding works it's how 2.0 works and how cheap NQ items would be vs HQ.

So the only thing i see effect the market is HQ items seeing how it be more rare to come by and give you better success rate with 100% spirit bond items giving a better rate also. So to somewhat answer your question is it would balance itself out if cataclysts are hard to come by.

Also i see the first few months of FFXIV 2.0 being hell on the market i would wait 3-4 month before buying anything. To all the price balance out and we can see how much everything really does cost.

Also if you dislike how hard cataclysts is to come by in beta testing make a post on the beta forums. Everything you saw in alpha is just for testing i don't really see it being hard to come by. it's cataclysts is a base item so i don't see it being rare vs HQ ore and stuff.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zenaku; 01-30-2013 at 07:25 AM.
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

I saw nothing in alpha but the videos on official Square Enix websites. Please keep in mind not everyone was in Alpha testing. Can you link where this information about 2.0 melding was? I've been keeping up to date and so far all we have had was that gathering/crafting video from alpha. Forgive if I'm missing a dev post or video from SE somewhere but so far nothing of materia has been shared with us to my knowledge.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna_the_Lalafell View Post
    I saw nothing in alpha but the videos on official Square Enix websites. Please keep in mind not everyone was in Alpha testing. Can you link where this information about 2.0 melding was? I've been keeping up to date and so far all we have had was that gathering/crafting video from alpha. Forgive if I'm missing a dev post or video from SE somewhere but so far nothing of materia has been shared with us to my knowledge.
    all i know is While back Dev post that they making it so when having 100 spirit bond would increase meld success rate that be something new for 2.0. top of that having a HQ item would do the same that old from 1.0 with that information you can guess that HQ item would go up in price in 2.0 because everyone would be buying it to spirit bond it to have better success rate.

They also said by having HQ item it would increase the chance of getting a rare materia like better IV. So with that information we can guess that HQ item would cost more and it would balance the catalysts thing.

Also i don't think catalysts would be hard to come by i'm sure there it would be better or the same as getting them in 1.0.

Also sorry i can't find that information i think that was said a while back maybe someone else who better at finding it could post it on here.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zenaku; 01-30-2013 at 07:59 AM.

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    As far as materia goes in ARR, all that's been said so far is that they're standardizing the values for each tier across the board to be the highest value of that tier, and that they may increase the success chance of multi-melds.

To get to your question specifically about catalysts, I imagine Fingerprints of the Gods will still exist, and if I were to make a guess, it'll probably be an ability that you can proc with GP. (Gathering Points) So while FotG was kind of an auto-proc ability before and you could gather x amount of catalysts in a row, you might have to sacrifice using your other GP abilities while gathering a node, since GP is a limited resource, if you want focus strictly on getting catalysts.

Hope that helps.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
    As far as materia goes in ARR, all that's been said so far is that they're standardizing the values for each tier across the board to be the highest value of that tier, and that they may increase the success chance of multi-melds.

To get to your question specifically about catalysts, I imagine Fingerprints of the Gods will still exist, and if I were to make a guess, it'll probably be an ability that you can proc with GP. (Gathering Points) So while FotG was kind of an auto-proc ability before and you could gather x amount of catalysts in a row, you might have to sacrifice using your other GP abilities while gathering a node, since GP is a limited resource, if you want focus strictly on getting catalysts.

Hope that helps.
    yep and there always be people farming just catalysts so i don't see the cost of them being very high there just base items anyways.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dark Shot
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Catalysts may disappear completely in ARR. They did say they wanted to simplify the system since some people complained it was too complicated, and the only way I can think of to adjust the system without completely reworking it is to adjust the catalyst part. They might not completely disappear, but I can see them re-categorizing a lot of catalysts so there are less types. There might only be a catalyst for T1, T2, and T3 or something. Of course we won't know until 2.0 or unless you get a dev answer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Melding isn't going to be harder or easier, as RNG doesn't have a difficulty level :P.

However, they said they are raising the meld rates so they will be more likely.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast