Player
    Character
    Temisu Namisu
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
    Most likely it'll be about twenty-times more useful for your retainer to be selling your stuff at the Market or in the recently announced shop that you can put up in the housing area.

It sounds like asking them to gather for you is only something you'd do if you knew you'd be away from the game for a week or so (unless you hate selling stuff).
    I'd expect something like that: it wouldn't make sense for your retainer to be able to do both selling and gathering (and whatever else they may be able to do) at the same time. Even if they did gather things at a reasonable rate, not being able to sell things could be a set back if you have things to sell.

You could also go gathering whilst they are gathering, if that's possible. You'll get more than either would alone then.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by HiirNoivl View Post
    Yep, no point in ever wielding the old hatchet any more. Why go out and gather items if your good ol' retainer will do it for you and then go back and sell it for you.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...431#post946431

There had better be some restrictions on this.
    (/SIGH) Yeah I get it! They're looking into it but the idea itself isn't a good one. I would have to object!!

(/doubt) I enjoy gathering myself, thank you! Why level up the same gathering all over again?(no matter if it's the retainer) ... Another point I would like to put on the table is RMT!!! Jeez, they would love this feature! GG guys! v.v*

I hope the community Rep at-least comments on here about this subject. Not all of us can go on the beta forums to express our opinion on the matter!

How about just letting our retainers sell our stuff for us, we get to choose a picnic spot so they can also bazaar for us too? One retainer can't sell stuff on the AH and Bazaar at the same time though, we'll need to choose.
    (0)
    Last edited by PSxpert2011; 07-16-2013 at 07:44 PM. Reason: content

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~
    TENTs because solo-friendly content forces me to want one!
    (HP + Instantly logout anywhere)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/
    *Excalibur* Nation: Limsa Laminsa

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I'm curious about this system. It will likely be present in Phase 4. However, having played the game I find that this game is extremely RMT UNfriendly.

1.0: RMT makes character, logs in as an Alchemist, collects botted fish from a dummy account, bot crafts fish into shards, gets a retainer and puts it all up in the Wards.

2.0: RMT makes character, must complete the story quests for a DoW or DoM up to 10 to equip any sort of DoL or DoH. If he wishes to sell on his retainer on that character, he must do all the story quests up to level 20. If he wants to sell anything, he must keep in mind that Customers buy in stacks now and if they want to purchase 99 shards they'll be looking for a discount.

Because that you don't even get retainers until level 20, you will likely have to wait until you're level 30 or more before your Retainers start to do anything for you. While it's true that players will have no problems with this, the goal of an RMT is to make money selling gil in an online market and to make a profit doing so. If it takes a week or so of leveling and story questing and dungeon grinding just to get one character in a pack to be able to use retainers for gathering, it's doubtful that any RMT will find it a profitable exercise.
    (1)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9