Player
    Character
    Gospel Gestalt
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80

Race height.

Hi, I've always been curious about the height of the races and the difference in comparison to each when standing side by side, such as Roegadyn next to Midlander Hyur and Elezen etc. We all know that Roegadyn are the tallest and are only outsized by the Amal'jaa but just how tall is an average Roegadyn?

Most seem to feel the Midlander Hyur represents the average height of a human in real life but what exactly is the average Midlander height? 6 foot? So would that make a Roegadyn like 8 foot? (Just a meaningless guess.)

but anyways, this has been something that's always been floating in the back of my mind. If we could get some light shed on this then that would be great!
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Amanda Huggenkiss
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Actually the tallest Elezen is taller than any Roegadyn.
    Elezen chocobo's are strangely bigger. >..>
    (0)
    I like frog

Player
    Character
    Tyger Maimhov
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    If Hyur are average human height we have to ask ourselves 'average at what time?' Since a lot of the language used in the game is archaic do we assume average at the time the language represents, or average for modern day?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Valentino Amore
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Whenever i see midlanders move around ... i always get the idea that they are really short in my head. When you think about the fact that the motion capture was done in japan, i can easily see the midlander being based on average japanese height, which is ... short ... but how short, i don't know? D:
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by RexValentino View Post
    Whenever i see midlanders move around ... i always get the idea that they are really short in my head. When you think about the fact that the motion capture was done in japan, i can easily see the midlander being based on average japanese height, which is ... short ... but how short, i don't know? D:
    Seem the Average high in 2011 for Male in japan is 5 ft 7 Female being 5 ft 2 and USA seem to be around 5.7-5.9 so there but who knows what SE did maybe the lore team can tell us
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    I think SE released a size chart before the release of 1.0, can't find it though.

Anyway, here's what I think:

Lalafell: 2-3 feet
    Miqo'te: 4-5 feet
    Midlander: 5-6 feet
    Highlander: 5'6" - 6'6"
    Roe: 6 - 7 feet
    Elezen: 6 - 7 feet

Roe and Elezen are really close, but I think a Roe may be slightly taller by a few inches.

*Does the Summon Ferne dance*

Not official, but those would be my guesses using a Midlander as an average human height.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    White Demon
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Gospel View Post
    Hi, I've always been curious about the height of the races and the difference in comparison to each when standing side by side.
    I wonder how tall they will make the male Miqo'te, Should they be taller then say a Highlander?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alchinua Malaguld
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 61
    Not as tall as a highlander, maybe as tall as a midlander, or slightly smaller than a midlander.
    (1)
    Kweh!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Pa-paya~ paya papaya~ pa-pa-ya~♪

Player
    Character
    Sylve Lowen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I'm curious about their exact heights as well. Here's hoping we get a response on this.
    (1)