Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80

Black Market - Discarded items.

Even though accidental discards arent as much of a problem as they were in the early stages of 1.0, with the addition of a check box confirmation and putting the discard option away from the commonly used repair option, I think it would be cool if discarded items didn't simply vanish from all exsistence.

Instead, they should somehow find their way into the hands of a black market merchant. This special merchant would deal in nothing but items you could have swore you threw away, and sells them at 5 times their vendor price, or really high if it were an un-vendorable item.

Pretty much, this merchant would act as a temporary storage for things you discard and have to pay out the @$$ to get back.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Allesasi Phoenix
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    I don't know about this one!!!!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Well it would have been better than being denied by a GM when you accidently discard your Aeolian Scimitar +1 instead of repairing it!!!!

/sadface
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amanda Huggenkiss
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    The chances or accidental discard instead of repair in 2.0 are slim to none due the the improved UI.
    (0)
    I like frog

Player
    Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    A Qiqirn would totally do this. Exactly as described (charge ridiculous amounts).
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I'll save you Yoshida!

/casts Raise

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaHuggenkiss View Post
    The chances or accidental discard instead of repair in 2.0 are slim to none due the the improved UI.
    I know the chances of accidental discards are slim, thats why i meantioned it first. But its still good for normal intentional discards. Who knows, you might want to be able to get those items back someday.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tymora Estrellauta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    If I were a Qiqirn, I would tour Natalan and pick up all the teeth and hides.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Slightly off topic but this functionality could be handled by the same NPC. I would like to see a, perhaps Quiqirn, pawn shop where you could go and hand in any valuable item (including rare and untradeable) and get perhaps 10% of the value as a loan for X amount of days. If you come back to repay the loan in time and with interest you get the item back but if not, the pawn broker will sell it for the full value or perhaps a bit more.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Inakha Khatayin
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I'm neither for nor against this idea from a gameplay standpoint, but let's be realistic. The reality of this is that the game would now have to remember not only every item we have in our inventories, but every item we've ever dropped from it. That's a crazy amount of unnecessary strain for the actual benefit such a system would have. I'm sorry, guys, but it comes down to: Make sure you no longer want it before you drop it. And as for accidental discards, as everyone has said that's almost a non-issue now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mementus Veventus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    To be fair it wouldn't have to remember every discard to solve some player woes.... just 5 or 10 would be a good number. The most precious items that you could possibly ever drop would probbably motivate people to go pick them up before dropping that many more items. Possibly also filter out any non Rare/ex items from hitting that discard pool so dropping trash drops you didn't/couldn't take dont push the item out of the pool. All this would have to be clearly explained in the game though to avoid any upset.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alaltus; 02-14-2013 at 06:52 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast