Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    It wouldn't have to remember anything a player has in their inventory. All that would change is the discard confirmation (Do you really want to discard it - yes) command wouldn't simply discard it, it would send the item somewhere, to that sneaky black market NPC. That should be the only point data is sent anywhere until you actually go buy it back.
    (0)
    Last edited by Reika; 02-16-2013 at 03:40 AM.

Player
    Character
    Inakha Khatayin
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Reika View Post
    It wouldn't have to remember anything a player has in their inventory. All that would change is the discard confirmation (Do you really want to discard it - yes) command wouldn't simply discard it, it would send the item somewhere, to that sneaky black market NPC. That should be the only point data is sent anywhere until you actually go buy it back.
    I didn't say this black market system would have to remember the contents of our inventories, I said the game would. That is not a change. Of course it knows what's in our inventories, or those things would no longer be in our inventories.

My opinion remains unchanged, however. This feature is totally superfluous, and is not something we'd really benefit from the development team wasting resources on. I'm sorry guys, but just pay attention to what you're throwing away, and don't toss it if you think you might want it later. The latter half should just be common sense, and with confirmation boxes we now have before discard the former half shouldn't be that hard either.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeia View Post
    I didn't say this black market system would have to remember the contents of our inventories, I said the game would. That is not a change. Of course it knows what's in our inventories, or those things would no longer be in our inventories.

My opinion remains unchanged, however. This feature is totally superfluous, and is not something we'd really benefit from the development team wasting resources on. I'm sorry guys, but just pay attention to what you're throwing away, and don't toss it if you think you might want it later. The latter half should just be common sense, and with confirmation boxes we now have before discard the former half shouldn't be that hard either.
    There's that useless 'waste of resources' excuse again....

overruled.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Inakha Khatayin
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    There's that useless 'waste of resources' excuse again....

overruled.
    I've been trying to say this as nicely as possible, but let's try again since you'd rather be catty:

Yes. It is a waste of resources. It's not a useless argument, it's a useless feature, designed to protect people who are stupid enough to throw out items they want. You might get some sympathy if we didn't have a confirmation message when we tossed an item -- but we do. You want protection from losing items that are important to you? Try common sense. Most players have been implementing it for years now with great success in keeping hold of items they want to keep hold of.
    (1)
    Last edited by Xeia; 02-25-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    I've been trying to say this as nicely as possible, but let's try again since you'd rather be catty:

Yes. It is a waste of resources. It's not a useless argument, it's a useless feature, designed to protect people who are stupid enough to throw out items they want. You might get some sympathy if we didn't have a confirmation message when we tossed an item -- but we do. You want protection from losing items that are important to you? Try common sense. Most players have been implementing it for years now with great success in keeping hold of items they want to keep hold of.
    I mentioned -at the beginning- that this is not simply about accidental discards.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Inakha Khatayin
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I mentioned -at the beginning- that this is not simply about accidental discards.
    Right, I forgot to address the side where you really just want a convoluted method of getting more inventory slots.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Right, I forgot to address the side where you really just want a convoluted method of getting more inventory slots.
    Right, one where you have to pay a high price to withdraw items. I'm sure people will use that as a primary form of storage :/
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2