Player
    Character
    Aki Rouscelia
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50

What's with the drought?

I hate that I have to be this guy but isn't it almost too quiet? Understandably the development team are up to their necks with work but I honestly think we should be seeing tidbits for the upcoming beta.

As much as I like seeing the internal workings of the team in the blog, it leaves one wanting.

What ever happened to the Benchmark program? And those region previews?
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Munba Lunru
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Need flood. A real flood. Now.

(4)

I seen nothing mentioned about region previews. There's been no drought of information, just people as usual being overly optimistic and forgetting that when SE says "soon" or "around the corner" or "weekly updates" or "shortly after" should be ignored or they're setting themselves up for disappointment.

Remember those weekly updates starting after gamescom? Yeah me neither. Benchmark has 2 phases so to speak:

1. "Soon." Which can be between announcement last month - open beta.
    2. "One with character creator before ARR launches" which would be around July or so.

Otherwise, there's not much they can say or give updates on since as usual, SE loves keeping information on the downlow. We didn't get Seeker's information after almost 7 months, almost a year since it's announcement last june..and it was barely any information..something they could have put out a day after vanafest or hell DURING it. Don't expect much and leave yourself open to being pleasantly surprised. For example the game has to be a lot further in development given the fact they stated there's branch development going on, so there's clearly quite a bit they can be showing, but they won't..mostly out of being cautious.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Aki Rouscelia
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    If I recall correctly it was a vague mention of zone previews among other things they had planned to release sequentially to generate interest. I don't have a source, though.

Relevant points on how they handle marketing and so on, and they're seemingly true given how equivocally they throw the word 'soon' around. Oh well, can't do much else but sit by and wait.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Munba Lunru
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Probably they are going to show new videos only during the beta, like they did with the alpha. Also if i hope in some new japanese magazine articles with new screens before..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Prince Nuada
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by AkiRouscelia View Post
    I hate that I have to be this guy but isn't it almost too quiet? Understandably the development team are up to their necks with work but I honestly think we should be seeing tidbits for the upcoming beta.

As much as I like seeing the internal workings of the team in the blog, it leaves one wanting.

What ever happened to the Benchmark program? And those region previews?
    Explain exactly what you mean by "too quiet"... not sure I understand your logic here.

Yoshi and his team were still conducting Alpha four weeks ago... he explained the detailed new road map to re-launch three weeks ago... he posted up a letter two weeks ago... and the new beginnings cutscene was added one week ago.

So now what... you're demanding that the Dev Team halt their extremely busy schedule and literally hand you every info on a platter today?

You're too impatient to wait another few weeks? Seriously?
    (12)
    "After ten years, finally headed to Sharlayan... absolutely stoked"

Quote Originally Posted by Ramesses View Post
    Explain exactly what you mean by "too quiet"... not sure I understand your logic here.

Yoshi and his team were still conducting Alpha four weeks ago... he explained the detailed new road map to re-launch three weeks ago... he posted up a letter two weeks ago... and the new beginnings cutscene was added one week ago.

So now what... you're demanding that the Dev Team halt their extremely busy schedule and literally hand you every info on a platter today?

You're too impatient to wait another few weeks? Seriously?
    Let's break it down:

"Alpha four weeks ago" -

It was stated the version we tested wasn't the actual version of the game that they've been working on, this point doesn't matter one bit in terms of what the OP was referring to.

"Detailed new roadmap" -

Subject to change, may not even be largely accurate. What information did this give us besides general points? What screenshots or videos? The fact the release is likely June/July (most likely July) you'd see a lot more by now, even if it's beta.

"He posted up a letter two weeks ago" -

This letter didn't actually say much in regards to Information, what the OP is talking about.

"the new beginnings cutscene was added one week ago"-

We seen 99.9% of this from E3-End of an Era in November. Barely 2 minutes of that video was actually new and not even..much. No one is being impatient, what have they actually given us in terms of solid information lately? Everything has generally been hush hush due to Alpha, and if you have any form of Internet skills, everything SE posted themselves you got more of from Testers lol.

So really, take a trip to the Seeker's of Adoulin website for FFXI's new expansion, see that information? It's a tiny bit as well but it's more along the lines of what the OP is more than likely talking about, not being impatient.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Aki Rouscelia
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I demanded nothing, I only questioned what I have come to expect via the media covering this game. I'm not one to login to this forum every day and scour it for news, so you'll have to excuse me for not being on top of everything. I'm not being impatient, It's called having expectations, that which any consumer should.

By definition of 'quiet', I intended exactly what any educated reader would deduce from the sentence. The production cycle for the game is nearing release, likely surfacing in what, the early stages of the second quarter of this year? Therefore by any logic it's safe to say it is quiet by comparison to the way other studios would approach gaining global attention. (note: this is not to say things aren't on the way, it just feels quiet by comparison)

Thank you for breaking it down into bite-size pieces so he can understand, Elexia. I expected to be berated by the people on this forum for my thread.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Cedri Vastal
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Munba View Post
    Need flood. A real flood. Now.

We shal build an ark
    (2)

Player
    All i want to know is ..When we will have the next Live Letter? i wanna have a good laugh with Yoshi-P,Fox-clon and Wada ^_^
    (6)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast