Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Uldah (i picked Limsa Lominsa by mistake at phase 4!)
    Character
    Undie Nilleshna
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70

Alienware TactX keyboard

So i got myself a Tactx keyboard, more for its backlighting which means i dont have to keep a light on while at the pc but id like to ask if anyone has one and used its more advanced features for helping with macros etc..Ive looked on the internet but theres surprisingly little in the way of tutorials etc... Can anyone give me any advice on how to get the best out of the keyboard?thanks
    (0)

"Your former glories and all the stories, dragged and washed with eager hands..but oh your city lies in dust my friend!"

Player
    Character
    Amanda Huggenkiss
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    You need to be careful.
    Using hardware macros is technically against the ToS.
    (0)
    I like frog

Player
    Character
    Dard Ghalawad
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Surprisely, game developers should be able to understand that there is hardware like that, rendering those rules unusable.
    And someone with a better knowledge about law can overcome that, and put a lawsuit about a ban because of banned by using a keyboard and not a third party software.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amanda Huggenkiss
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    The thing is this.
    It is impossible to tell the difference between a keyboard/mouse macro and a bot.
    So you can legally state in the TOS that you are not aloud to use those functions.
    There was already a prema-ban of a Japanese player for using a turbo controller.
    The line is drawn as such.
    If you are AFK and a macro is running you are botting and can get your account disabled.
    This has happened under Yoshi's watch so precedence is set.
    (0)
    I like frog

Player
    Character
    Geesus Ravenheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaHuggenkiss View Post
    If you are AFK and a macro is running you are botting and can get your account disabled.
    This has happened under Yoshi's watch so precedence is set.
    True but I have a Logitech G13 AND a G110 KB. I don't create Macros to "cheat" the game but for simplicity. My G13 replaces having to use WASD on my KB because I have the joystick mapped to those keys. 1-0 are also on there. I used to have the Macro keys on my G110 KB access my gear swaps or De-Buffs/inv (poitons etc) since switching between macro sets i.e. M1, M2, and M3 on my G13 ... well, sometimes caused a lot of deaths since I was no longer properly using 1-0 for battle actions lol.

Technically you're right and I don't disagree but as for answering the OPs post ... he/she has been "warned" of possible ToS implications.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Geesus Ravenheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Undie? Is there a reason you spent that amount of money for, and pardon me if I'm wrong but, SIX macro keys? O.o Granted i have never seen one of these KBs before and reading a review of it said it only had 6 but holy cow that's expensive! :O
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Undie Nilleshna
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Geesus View Post
    Undie? Is there a reason you spent that amount of money for, and pardon me if I'm wrong but, SIX macro keys? O.o Granted i have never seen one of these KBs before and reading a review of it said it only had 6 but holy cow that's expensive! :O
    It was actually a birthday present, id wanted a new keyboard that was backlit so i dont have to have a main light on when gaming, which keeps my partner awake and causes no end of arguments lol( until i got the keyboard that is!). This keyboard came out pretty well in gaming keyboard reviews which is why i chose it... My intention was that the macros be used for swapping between jobs, as i want to learn to play with a gamepad (actually the FFXIV one), just wanted to make my life a bit easier!!
    I take it then using a mouse such as the Razer Naga could technically be against TOS too as you can create macros with that, again something i have no idea how to do... I got these things because ive always played keyboard/mouse and it seems to attract a lot of derision so im trying different ways to adapt my playing style.
    (1)

"Your former glories and all the stories, dragged and washed with eager hands..but oh your city lies in dust my friend!"

Player
    Character
    Geesus Ravenheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Ahh ok. yeah I know that feeling of having lights on and all when your partner is sleeping; it's one of the reasons I also got the stuff I did.

as for your question regarding the Mouse, yes it could be. But in my eyes it's HOW you use it. If you're using it as most of us legit players do, it hopefully will be overlooked by SE. I mean, I have used it through ALL of Aion, Tera and since OB of XIV plus Alpha and haven't had anything sent to SE about my "abilities" in game or what I may or may not be doing.

You will notice a lot of difference in how you play vs KB/Mouse. It allows me personally to get the feel of a controller but quick access to my KB for typing in chat if needed and less clutter. As for setting up your macros I'd have to look at the white papers on setting it up. not sure how the features are to be used either with scripting (REALLY puts you in that ToS grey area) or if you just use simple mapped key sets. Now that gear changes are a lot better you might be able to find other uses for it though.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Geesus Ravenheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Hey Undie? I also found this Alienware TactX macros My G110 and G13 work in a similar fashion but I prefer to open the software only so I can see if I miss type (not the best at typing lol). Key mapping is REALLY easy. Example the #4 is always my cure II-III button because as Whm that's my primary function. So on my G13 I hit assign keystroke>type 4 and viola key is mapped. This works for the Ctrl+<insert key here> as well as the Alt+ <insert key here>. So when gear swapping/job changes were used as Macros typed out in XIV 1.0, I would assign them to a Ctrl+ set then assign that set to my macro.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Undie Nilleshna
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Thank you Geesus ill have a look at the link and see if i can improve anything anywhere
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast