Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
    I do agree with most of what you said and I think you hit the nail on the head in your third paragraph. Although I don't think airships should be longer than a cut scene since that would be the second most used means of transportation other than return and thus people would get annoyed with having to wait after a while. In ff11, I didn't like having to wait in the airship especially since there was really nothing to do, no fishing, no mobs, just waiting. Also I think letting everyone have teleport is the best course of action, but just make it cost anima (or gil as some people have suggested).
    I'd like to see airships be like 2-5 min ride XD (perhaps in this aspect also cost less, or have mini games - play Erozean chess with other players and npc, sky fishing O_O, defend against sky pirates*, perhaps other little quests you can do like taking photos of npcs / other players.

Great time to remember life or relax and enjoy the beautiful world map*, like oh man my bladder is going to explode .

* This world map then can be used again for player airships way in a future expansion.
    * For sky pirates you could make an event where you had the choice of getting into a small sky raft (pitiful boat that glides basically) or staying and defending the ship, this way you can easily increase the battle to like 7 minutes

Perhaps after doing enough Grand Company quests you can get aether rights to other cities for a price - and the airship becomes free.

(Keep in mind, in my mind there would be one or two aethers for a -whole- region).

OutPost aethers "gates" could be introduced - I liked this aspect in FFXI because you could earn far reaching teleports in almost every zone but these zones could be lost by beastmen (or won back), so there was conflict and you actually felt that conflict. (Off topic but I hope the conflict can have other affects like NPCs in town having good or bad prices depending on which territories owned). OutPost warps do happen to keep the world 'connected' because sometimes you are forced to remember those connections when you have lost that territory (though you can still make the world too small if you go in abundance with these out posts).
    (2)
    Last edited by Shougun; 01-23-2013 at 03:42 AM.

Player
    Character
    Max Wind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    I'd like to see airships be like 2-5 min ride XD (perhaps in this aspect also cost less, or have mini games - play Erozean chess with other players and npc, sky fishing O_O, defend against sky pirates, perhaps other little quests you can do like taking photos of npcs / other players.

Great time to remember life or relax and enjoy the beautiful world map*, like oh man my bladder is going to explode .

* This world map then can be used again for player airshisp way in a future expansion. **

Perhaps after doing enough Grand Company quests you can get aether rights to other cities for a price - and the airship becomes free.

(Keep in mind, in my mind there would be one or two aethers for a -whole- region).

OutPost aethers "gates" could be introduced - I liked this aspect in FFXI because you could earn far reaching teleports in almost every zone but these zones could be lost by beastmen (or won back), so there was conflict and you actually felt that conflict. (Off topic but I hope the conflict can have other affects like NPCs in town having good or bad prices depending on which territories owned). OutPost warps do happen to keep the world connect because sometimes you are forced to remember those connections when you have lost that territory (though you can still make the world too small if you go in abundance with these out posts).
    lol I knew someone would say fly fishing
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    OutPost aethers "gates" could be introduced - I liked this aspect in FFXI because you could earn far reaching teleports in almost every zone but these zones could be lost by beastmen (or won back), so there was conflict and you actually felt that conflict. (Off topic but I hope the conflict can have other affects like NPCs in town having good or bad prices depending on which territories owned). OutPost warps do happen to keep the world 'connected' because sometimes you are forced to remember those connections when you have lost that territory (though you can still make the world too small if you go in abundance with these out posts).
    This one! This one! If we could just have world PvE done right...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nadrojj Rolyatt
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    A lot of great posts throughout this whole thread. I agree, I like world exploring, but in order to get most of the populace to explore a given area you need to put a reason behind why they should be going there in the first place. In FFXI there were plenty of beautiful amazing zones, but I can honestly say I never really explored them because there were often times better things to do. Ports are nice because it speeds up down time. New member joining your party? Port and be there in two minutes (unless you were at wolves camp, then everyone had to go back out and get the new guy, I hate this btw) Need to get to an event quick? Port yourself there.

I stopped playing FFXI before all these ports were introduced, and it was cool for you to check your map after conquest to see omg we control that zone. I need to deliver some supplies there so that I can get that teleport! In FFXIV once you travel to place once, you're free to travel there for the rest of your days, and while I admit I do like that, it would be nice if those ports came in jeopardy at times so you had to go out and defend them.

Lastly on the note of exploring. I'm all for exploring awesome zones. I do not however want to ever ever set foot into zones like Ifrit's Cauldron ever again. Please don't make a zone as frustrating to navigate as that zone was. I hated that place.
    (1)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10