Player
    Character
    Osarion Durai
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 39

XIV is Not Being Remade for You/Us

And by you/us I mean both consummate XI vets as well as the staunch "old-school-ways" XIV supporter.

Yoshida is not remaking FFXIV for us on the boards here. The game is not going to be made into XI 2.0 nor is it going to be the base XIV -- only with more content. And this is a good thing.

No doubt after Yoshida took over from the failed launch and replaced Tanaka, he must have begun to analyze why the game was so unpopular; glaring technical shortcomings notwithstanding. Many people chimed in on the player polls, and continue to do so now with the forums. However, a lot of people here don't seem to want to accept that his plan is for the bigger picture, not just for those of us who stuck around.

The current, small playerbase will not save XIV, no matter how happy it's made. Remaking XIV in XI's shadow will not save this game. Sticking to Tanaka's vision will not save this game. The only way to save this game is to make it marketable to as many people as possible. How do we know this? Well, besides the obvious fact that more subs = more profits = more successful, Yoshida has already announced changes made to appeal to a wider playerbase.
    * Auto-attack
    * Enmity gauge
    * Instanced dungeons & Raids
    * More solo friendly

That's not to say that we're going to be overlooked. Yoshida's vision includes gameplay for all styles. But ultimately, he is looking at the bigger picture, and that is more people playing. On a huge scale.

Oh, and they are, of course, working as fast as they can. However, they're not going to make the major mistake the previous administration did and rush it out the door. It will take time. So to all of you who are threatining to leave if 1.18 doesn't meet up with your exacting standards, or because we're getting auto-attack or an enmity gauge, sorry... you're not part of the bigger picture. Deal with it.

I will say this though to all you guys chomping at the bit. Take a few steps back for a while. Play other games until all these battle changes are hammered out. Check up on the game every now and then, and give the devs some good, constructive feedback. You'd be amazed how much easier it is to follow XIV's progress from a distance, rather than going crazy waiting every day.
    (187)

Player
    Character
    Aaran Oni
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    FFXIV is being re-made to get the players currently playing WOW and other mmos or not playing mmos at all. They aim at reaching a wider audiance and hope of eventually getting a player base similar to what WOW has. SE doesn't care about making this game into a niche like FFXI was they want to get the casuals, hardcore and as many different type of players as possible.

So to those that keep asking for a FFXI remake or to make FFXIV batshit crazy hard like taking 18h to kill a NM(FFXI).. it won't happen.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Slip Mac
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    wider playerbase

* Auto-attack
    * Enmity gauge
    * More solo friendly

hey! thats me!
    (25)

Player
    Character
    Aera Lucis
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Good. I'd like a game that is enjoyable to all types of gamers, not just the hardcore ones.
    (28)

Player
    Character
    Pandora Vainglory
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    SE is making a game targeted at people who play video games.
    I play video games.
    /close thread.
    (26)

Player
    Character
    Peach Parfait
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 70
    Good, I like games with a variety of players.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Bladed Arms
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Balbanes View Post
    And by you/us I mean both consummate XI vets as well as the staunch "old-school-ways" XIV supporter.

Yoshida is not remaking FFXIV for us on the boards here. The game is not going to be made into XI 2.0 nor is it going to be the base XIV -- only with more content. And this is a good thing.

No doubt after Yoshida took over from the failed launch and replaced Tanaka, he must have begun to analyze why the game was so unpopular; glaring technical shortcomings notwithstanding. Many people chimed in on the player polls, and continue to do so now with the forums. However, a lot of people here don't seem to want to accept that his plan is for the bigger picture, not just for those of us who stuck around.

The current, small playerbase will not save XIV, no matter how happy it's made. Remaking XIV in XI's shadow will not save this game. Sticking to Tanaka's vision will not save this game. The only way to save this game is to make it marketable to as many people as possible. How do we know this? Well, besides the obvious fact that more subs = more profits = more successful, Yoshida has already announced changes made to appeal to a wider playerbase.
    * Auto-attack
    * Enmity gauge
    * More solo friendly

That's not to say that we're going to be overlooked. Yoshida's vision includes gameplay for all styles. But ultimately, he is looking at the bigger picture, and that is more people playing. On a huge scale.

Oh, and they are, of course, working as fast as they can. However, they're not going to make the major mistake the previous administration did and rush it out the door. It will take time. So to all of you who are threatining to leave if 1.18 doesn't meet up with your exacting standards, or because we're getting auto-attack or an enmity gauge, sorry... you're not part of the bigger picture. Deal with it.

I will say this though to all you guys chomping at the bit. Take a few steps back for a while. Play other games until all these battle changes are hammered out. Check up on the game every now and then, and give the devs some good, constructive feedback. You'd be amazed how much easier it is to follow XIV's progress from a distance, rather than going crazy waiting every day.
    the problem with your theory, is that those games already exist, and if you have to pick between A and B and they are virtually the same, your going to pick the more polished product. Some people may jump over to see the sights, but they will go back to the one they have more attachment to, and thats only of the small amount who will actually try a game that has already publicly failed once. FFXIV cannot be equal to those games for another 2 years, and by then. . . .

the other problem, thats the old market, if they try to make this game like those games, they will be coming to the party late. do you really think two years from now, or even a year from now, that the MMO market will be the same? GW2 coming out, Tera, Blade and soul, archeage, WoWs next project, all the various start up MMOs, Online multi player games that cut into the market like pso2. Maybe even squares next mmo.

There is a time to think of the past, and think of the future, now is time for the future of MMOs, and online gaming as a whole.

These people who they are appealing to, will not pay for a side WoW, or something for when rift hasnt updated. A lot of people who say they would like these changes have no intention of paying for this game, they would like these changes if it were f2p.

what people want first and foremost is a really good game the failure of tanakas era, was that the game was not finished enough to be a good game. If yoshidas era fails, it will be coming too late to the party. If they wanted to reinvent the game fine, but they should have reinvented it,

I still dont see how they plan to hit a wider market by imitating wow, the people who love wow, arent going anywhere. the people who they havent tapped, were not interested in WoW.
    (27)

Player
    Character
    Elexia Renard
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 66
    OP is exactly right.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Au Rore
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    It's unfortunate I can only "Like!" OP's post only once.

As I mentioned in another thread... Our feedback is greatly valued and appreciated, but there are features that they firmly believe in and will move forward with such changes regardless of what feedback we give them. I trust them to make the right decisions after coming to realization of their past failures. If not? Then i'll simply move on to a different product, a different game. We have that kind of choice as consumers.
    (6)

Player
    I've been playing EVE Online, watching the progress of TERA Online, and getting into APB Reloaded recently. And I STILL am very impatient regarding XIV's progress. That's a bad sign. :P
    (0)

11. 07-08-2011 04:22 AM
    Reason
    Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast