Player
    Character
    Altena Trife
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    *edit*

Deleted my long boring post that has been said in the many "turn XIV into XI" threads.. So I will sum it up

XIV is currently only at level 50.
    Level 50 in XI was a joke at best..

Maybe a littttttle bit less content then XI in 1.0 but compare "relic" weapons to "AF" weapons.. They involved being the appropriate level, killing 1 NM and calling it a day. Even in a standard EXP party you could be at level 50 in a week if you wanted to.. According to the new time frames that Yoshi has stated, it would take about the same to do that in 2.0..

XI "dungeon" zones for coffer keys were about as challenging as running through Natalan.
    XI's hardest mobs at 50 cap in that time weren't worth mentioning. Can you even remember any of their names?
    Getting to level 50 involved progressing through about 4-5 mob camps, grinding on mobs - XIV levelling seems to have a heavy weight on getting quests done, completing instanced dungeons with party members and defeating quests/instanced fights that (at the appropriate level) are challenging (for AF / job abilities).

If you ask me, XIV seems a lot more rewarding with time spent then XI ever did. Not to mention you *can* solo level your character without it taking a ridiculous eternity.
    (1)
    Last edited by Altena; 01-23-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Player
    Character
    Firon Veleth
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramul View Post
    I'm astonished you where actually able to solo in XI. How where you able to even find creatures that gave any experience past level 30? Was it that book quest feature I've heard about?

Also, be careful when mentioning XI and difficulty, not a lot of people agree.
    late response but i lvled pup sch BLU and blm to 75 solo <.<
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zemek Rodon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I agree 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubberrucky View Post
    Bored once again after trying the latest boring MMO while this game is down and it came to me what FFXIV is missing that makes it just the same as every other boring MMO I have deleted off my hard drive the last few months that FFXI had....distinction between mobs. Over 7 years playing XI I never once saw anyone refer to anything as a "trash mob" yet every other MMO I have tried XIV included are full of them. Leveling to me should be an adventure in itself. The idea of you aren't playing a game until you hit endgame is what is killing this genre to me. Killing a chigoe should not feel exactly the same as killing an adamantoise!!!! XI had this aspect in the spades, if different kinds of mobs were the same level it really did take a different approach to fighting them, it never felt like a toss of a coin to win or loose. This is the 1 area I hope that SE will rectify but I too have lost even more hope for this since alpha. XIV appears to be turning into just another pander to the "casual" player game. I believe I am a casual gamer, I will not sell my soul for a pretty set of pixels or imaginary gear, yet the only casual players that seem to count are the ones that do not want to play before endgame? Someone please explain this to me because I clearly can not connect this particular set of logic dots.
    (0)

Character
    Andrien Bellcross
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    just click the like button if you agree with something schism.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zemek Rodon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Kallera and Lady dont waist your time on this one lol. One track mind is all im going to say. Oh and quite feisty when you bring up the one and only masterpiece of them all hahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallera View Post
    So you admit that your reasoning is so poor that you can't actually convince people? Are you posting in this thread just to hear yourself talk? WoW did not cater to all "all niches and demographics". Or there wouldn't be so many people that do not care for the game in the first place.
    (0)

6. 01-31-2013 01:42 PM

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9