Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Kairi Sgheart
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    hmm, i find it quite fine. Not saying i like to do quest all day, but when i log into the game, i mostly do what i like to progress. I mix with grinding, gathering, craft, dungeoning, exploring, questing, main storyline, " housing system and others to come".

The thing is, a game can be designed to have this and that element in it, but its just giving you various option to progress, you decide how you want to progress and what you want to do on that particular day. I tested alpha, i did a variety of each stuffs, and the exp rate and such are fine. Party leveling still beneficial and there is still chain bonus and exp bonus etc like 1.0, and for those that focus on craft and such too, have alot mobs to revisit to farm for items.

Even the current 1.0 version, once we past a level we skip the place unless we farm for something, but in the ARR version, each zone has various things, sometime have to revisit them and all.

So my 2 cents worth of opinion is, you decide what you want do in the game that provides you with many options and things. Cause to me, i see it as a realm full of options for people of various types.
    (2)

youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/babyger7

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by KairiSgheart View Post
    hmm, i find it quite fine. Not saying i like to do quest all day, but when i log into the game, i mostly do what i like to progress. I mix with grinding, gathering, craft, dungeoning, exploring, questing, main storyline, " housing system and others to come".

The thing is, a game can be designed to have this and that element in it, but its just giving you various option to progress, you decide how you want to progress and what you want to do on that particular day. I tested alpha, i did a variety of each stuffs, and the exp rate and such are fine. Party leveling still beneficial and there is still chain bonus and exp bonus etc like 1.0, and for those that focus on craft and such too, have alot mobs to revisit to farm for items.

Even the current 1.0 version, once we past a level we skip the place unless we farm for something, but in the ARR version, each zone has various things, sometime have to revisit them and all.

So my 2 cents worth of opinion is, you decide what you want do in the game that provides you with many options and things. Cause to me, i see it as a realm full of options for people of various types.
    There ya go. People will be able to bypass quest leveling if they so please to.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Reika View Post
    There ya go. People will be able to bypass quest leveling if they so please to.
    SE actually says the main way and most efficient way is the Quest system, they stated grinding on monsters (exp parties) is inefficient this time around, meaning you may have the option, but that doesn't mean the option will be good..which is the problem here along with the quality of their main leveling system that people have concerns about.

So bypassing will actually end up hurting you.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    SE actually says the main way and most efficient way is the Quest system, they stated grinding on monsters (exp parties) is inefficient this time around, meaning you may have the option, but that doesn't mean the option will be good..which is the problem here along with the quality of their main leveling system that people have concerns about.

So bypassing will actually end up hurting you.
    But was there major uproar when monster-grind became key to leveling and guildleves fell to the solo world? Or, did people just go do what was really more efficient.

I honestly believe you get more out of a quest based leveling system. If you don't believe in solo questing, then grab your buddies and quest together. It can still be a party experiance.
    (1)
    Last edited by Reika; 01-20-2013 at 10:35 AM.

But was there major uproar when monster-grind became key to leveling and guildleves fell to the solo world?
    Nope, since by design that was actually the purpose of Guildleves, something if you had only 30 min to play for example and do and head out. The launch kind of skewed everything around.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Nope, since by design that was actually the purpose of Guildleves, something if you had only 30 min to play for example and do and head out. The launch kind of skewed everything around.
    Guildleves started out as the party thing to do under Tanaka, and was re-purposed as a solo thing to do under Yoshida.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zemek Rodon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    You seriously want to do the same boring quests that mean nothing to the main story x amount of times for each class? Be my guest but It wont last in an FF title. They could make it really ez and make a CASUAL server where you can grind on quests.Now thats a great idea.
    I'm sure you mean quest parties?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by schism View Post
    You seriously want to do the same boring quests that mean nothing to the main story x amount of times for each class? Be my guest but It wont last in an FF title. They could make it really ez and make a CASUAL server where you can grind on quests.Now thats a great idea.
    I said before that both quest based and monster grind based can get boring. I could seriously do the same quest lines for each character, or I could seriously go kill the same types of monsters to level up for each character. Pick your poison. But to me, the quest poison offers more to your mind than the monster poison.
    (2)
    Last edited by Reika; 01-20-2013 at 10:42 AM.

I said before that both quest based and monster grind based can get boring. I could seriously do the same quest lines for each character, or I could seriously go kill the same types of monsters to level up for each character. Pick your poison. But to me, the quest poison offers more to your mind than the monster poison.
    Even though SE blew through the dialog that you'd have to pause the video to read...lol. It "offers more" in the sense Guildleves offer more than monster grinding. A bunch of text that realistically overglorifies why you're killing 4 marmots and a fungar.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Even though SE blew through the dialog that you'd have to pause the video to read...lol. It "offers more" in the sense Guildleves offer more than monster grinding. A bunch of text that realistically overglorifies why you're killing 4 marmots and a fungar.
    They were messing up the local farmland. They had to die.

Quest chains take more thought in putting together than simple guildleves too. I say why spend money on an mmo with a lazy dev team that wont take time to put story to anything besides the main line.
    (3)
    Last edited by Reika; 01-20-2013 at 10:51 AM.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast