Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90

What type of quests do you prefer?

Do you like more straight forward quests or FFXI style quests. Since FFXIV has been down I logged into play some FFXI, was doing the pre SoA expansion quests only to find out yes even in 2013 quests are still cryptic I didn't know what I am suppose to do.

See below (right click view image) - After you accept the quest the NPC gives you info on 4 locations he wants you to go.

I hope for FFXIV quests are more too the point then this having to look up on a wiki where I need to go is something I don't like doing. This hope quests don't give you very little info on what to do.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alchinua Malaguld
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 61
    FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn - Quests and Combat (Alpha)

Check this video. Especially the part at 2:20 to 2:40. I would assume that these things on the map are the quest markers of the current active quests. Given this video it seems like it is pretty easy to find the locations this time
    (0)
    Kweh!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Pa-paya~ paya papaya~ pa-pa-ya~♪

Player
    Character
    Exocryst Lebreska
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    In the alpha first look videos, the quests on the right hand side of the screen will actually tell you what your objectives are. In 1.0, the journal even highlighted your destinations... wonder if this will apply to ARR too.
    (0)
    <--Giver of yarns, not the giver of darns :3
    Follow me on Twitter @Antanias_

Player
    Character
    Raidrien Ascher
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    This game needs more depth to job quests. They felt very generic in 1.0 and I really hope they're going to make some changes. While the boss fights were fun, the journey there felt all the same for each job. I liked how in ffxi you had to do different things for every jobs unlocking quest like blue mage did that crap with Waoud, or how Samurai had to forge a sword.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Austen Bloodspatter
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    I like quest chains that have a story.
    Kill quests can be ok, if it's something beyond: Oh some undead raided my barn, and stole my chocobo saddle, so now i can't ride; can you go kill 15 undead, and get my chocobo saddle back? I mean...really? It can be ok to do such lame errands for people at low lv, but not over lv 10

Well the example in your pics....are annoying it's more for exploraholics, that don't mind spending a day or weekend, running around the whole world looking for stuff; forcing everyone else to visit wiki. But on the other hand, that's not much different than asking some other NPC, or referring to a book in some in-game library. You're just using another form of communication, to find out your destination; Someone found a fount, and decided to write it down somewhere, in case someone else would find the information useful.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    I like quests that have their own mechanics - WoW has tried to do this a lot recently, some of them are really fun (others are fun but too damn silly/lazy for FFXIV imo), GW2 through my test had some as well. OF course I'm not saying copy paste but the same kill x gather y quests are already in plenty for FFXIV so... thats what I want. Quests with their own mechanics.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Altanas Aidendale
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Radacci View Post
    I like quest chains that have a story.
    Kill quests can be ok, if it's something beyond: .... kill 15 undead
    Agree, the problem with loads of trash mob kill quests is usually often the action is already over and you have to report back to an npc for completion. I think SWTOR for example while using kill quests at least mixed it up in their daily "heroic" kill quests some of which did take 20min if done at the recommended level, and would require a party.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cecilia Amor
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Story quests? Cryptic and long winded is what I prefer; adds tension, build up, pacing, and a sense of reward (Assuming the plot is worth paying attention to, which XIV has done a find job with so far)

Questhub shit? I hate, hate, hate 'kill x of y' stuff, particularly when no effort is put into the quest back story and writing (See: every MMO since 2004). This is what I liked about XIV, you weren't forced into miserable questhub grinding that plagues every other modern MMO. Sadly, I'm afraid ARR seems to be going that route
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tora'a Moikot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 31
    I like Quests that are not as hard to find out as in FFXI but not as easy as in other MMOs where you get it shown on the map instantly.
    Maybe something like the NPC gives you a approximately location with some extra infos like "near the big tree" and when you get pretty close to it the maps will give you an indication like "!" or "?".
    But the most important is that the Quest has a story to tell or gives you information about the world/lore. Not something like "Pleas kill the wolves. They are eating my sheeps." And when done so thy give you your exp and money....
    (1)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I like lore and story driven quests.
    (4)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast