Player
    Character
    Lilithali Nocentis
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 71
    Lilithali Zenevieva~

Lilith - Adam's first wife, who was created at the same time and from the same earth as Adam. This contrasts with Eve, who was created from one of Adam's ribs. Lilith left Adam after she refused to become subservient to him and then would not return to the Garden of Eden after she mated with archangel Samael.

Ali - Elvish suffix for shadow

Zenevieva- In Celtic the meaning of the name Zenevieva is: The Pale One.
    (4)

Player

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full...ate-crime-2000

Not as racist as people make me out to be.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Yolteotl Divinicus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Yolteotl Oni

I'm a huge fan of RahXephon where Ayato Kamina is the characterization of Yolteotl for all of humanity. Yolteotl comes from the Nahutal Indian religous state of enlightenment of "Divine Heart", one of two stages that each person should try to attain along with Ixtli "Divine Body".

I was Yolteotl, a Tarutaru Male, in FFXI and as if a progressive state of reincarnation became Yolteotl Oni, a Duskwight Elezen Female, "The Demon of God's Heart" in FFXIV 1.0. If name changes are allowed for A Realm Reborn (can't remember), then as if another stage of progressive reincarnation, I plan on changing the Oni as Female Roegadyn, but unsure what just yet.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Virae Kiran
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Cale Imrik

While I was installing FFXI all those years ago, I sat there looking over the screenshots on the back of the box (was FFXI+ROZ+COP), and thought Dragoon was awesome, I also liked the look of Elvaan. Being a Warhammer nerd I instantly associated Elvaan + Dragoon to High Elves and Dragon Princes of Caledor, and "Caledor" was born..Usually shortened by people to Cale.

I wanted to to make my FFXIV char an evolution of Caledor, so stuck with the shortened name "Cale", and added "Imrik" as a surname. Imrik is the ruling Dragon Prince and last descendant of the original Dragontamer.

With 2.0 I'm looking to start fresh so will create a Highlander Female, probably on one of the new servers, just so I'm not behind everyone else ;p.

I've settled on a first name, "Virae", taken from David Gemmell's "Legend", one of the few female characters in novels I find genuinely likeable.

Surname is what I'm stuck on..going back and forth between

Kiran - One of the few positives of the newest Teen Titans run.
    Renya - Another female character from a David Gemmell novel.
    Reiya - Random name for my D2 Sorc, also used as Legacy name in SWTOR. Didn't notice they were 1 letter apart until I wrote them just now lol..
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Rannie Lfey
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    mmm mine I've been using the nickname Rannie since I was 17 and using a chat program called The Palace. Went on there as Ran-chan then my now ex boyfriend started calling me Rannie for endearment and I have been Rannie since I even own the domain ranniechan.net through my website provider. I even answer to it at work and thinking about using it for my religion. L'fey well that's kinda like Morgan Le Fae or La Fey just put my own flare on it and used it with other things. *shrugs*
    (2)
    I have a secret to tell. From my electrical well. It's a simple message and I'm leaving out the whistles and bells. So the room must listen to me Filibuster vigilantly. My name is blue canary one note* spelled l-i-t-e. My story's infinite Like the Longines Symphonette it doesn't rest- TMBG Birdhouse in your Soul
    A huge THANK YOU!!!! For FINALLY selling the Meteor Survivor Polo on the store. AND a huge thanks to my friend who bought it for me while he was at Fan Fest!!! YES I finally have my POLO!!!

Player
    Character
    Linkci Lunarpaw
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Linkurrra Moonpuma - Black Cat Miqo'te

I have always been big on Legend of Zelda. So I choose Link, well that was obviously taken as I'm not the only fan So I came up with Linkas for my Male Elvaan. Over the years I made an Alt Mithra Linkurrra. the triple RRR pays homage to Mithra speak in XI.

In XIV, I carried the name over, however now I had the option for a last name. I liked the Black Panther with Green eyes look and I was Keeper of the Moon. So I chose the last name Moonpuma.

That's my story to my name
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Coris Teijan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    Uhm well... x///D

Coris: Can't remember where I got it from, but I already used this name in another game in 2008 (Had to find out for anniversary gifts, that's why I know ^^). Saying it in an english manner may somehow sound like 'Corey' (at least it did the last time someone with English as his first language said it xD). I think 'Koh-riss' would be a good example.

Teijan: Name of a shapeshifter from a book. Thought it looks and sounds cool o.o
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kaminto Komouri
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Having created the name Kaminto in the year 2000 for an original character i created, I first used it in Final Fantasy XI, then events occurred and the K.A.M. Triplets were born, 3-boxing on FFXI was easy due to the way the battles panned out but it's become a bit difficult in this modern age of mmo's, nevertheless they are around on FFXIV, with slight variations to their first name they do draw suspicion but people have gotten used to them, the last name Komouri is japanese for bat (mammal) since my original character is an anthromorphic bat, all in all the names are not based off any lore or history, i just found them cute and unique and they roll off the tongue quite nicely to boot...

(6)
    Last edited by Kaminto; 02-09-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36