Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Rina Inverse
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 51
    people seems mistaken my name for a certain red headed, flat chested brat, but no, this isnt based on Slayer

Rina is acronym of my real name, while inverse is, well an inverse of myself

EDIT since everyone start posting their companion and chocobo

companion name: Reina = QUeen, and turn out she does have that bossy personality that befit her name lol

chocobo name: Adrian, my first ever gold chocobo back in my FFVII day

EDIT 2 retainers name FTW
    Fir: as in tree 'Fir'. I'd like the idea of having someone that fully dedicated to me as a retainer, solid, unmovable like trees and mountains. but no mountain names. which bring me to my second retainer
    Prudence: I guess (and hope) that this name is self explanatory. though back then I think i dedicated this to two of great fictional females character with the same name, Prudence Beresford and Prudence Halliwell
    (3)
    Last edited by rina_inverse; 01-20-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Player
    Character
    Azzi Lionheart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Azzi is an abbreviation of Azrael, and Azrael is the archangel of death
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Punainen Drak
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Punainen Drak is an amalgamation of Finnish and Czech that translates into "Red Dragon". It's also the name of an OC of mine, and was inspired by this epic song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp9i3zm_64A
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Punainen Drak
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by rina_inverse View Post
    people seems mistaken my name for a certain red headed, flat chested brat, but no, this isnt based on Slayer

Rina is acronym of my real name, while inverse is, well an inverse of myself
    :0 I confess, I did think it was like Lina Inverse...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Loony Bob
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    I've been Loony BoB online since I was around 11-12 years old. That was my nickname in intermediate school in New Zealand. The BoB part originated from Terminator 2, I remember watching the Terminator be introduced as "Uncle Bob" and I loved the idea of being an Uncle Bob. So that stuck. The Loony bit just got thrown in because I was a bit of a nutter at the time, my mates tacked that on. My cat's name was Bob, however, and that combined with the way I would 'sign' my nickname (BOB, but with a small enough O that it looked lower case) meant that Loony Bob very quickly evolved into Loony BoB. And so my nickname (and, a year later, my online username) for the next 15 years of my life was born. If you ever search for "Loony BoB" online, you'll probably find about 50 different accounts of mine.
    (4)
    doop doop

Player
    Character
    Blake Ater
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 65
    Cobalt, based on the blue Hue Cobalt Blue (and no... not because it's one of the most traded mats in-game, didn't know that when I picked the name >_>). Also based on an OC i used to draw.

Azura, based on the word Azure, based on this game's 'artifact of doom'.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shaku Kamui
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    The Chinese/Kanji/Hanja middle character of my Korean name is 石 which means "Stone." One of the Japanese On readings of this character is pronounced "Shaku." (My guardian deity, chosen from my rl birthday in December, is Althyk the Keeper whose element is Earth)

My path companion is named Kokorai (a lalafell), derived from raikou (雷光) which means "lightning."
    My chocobo's name is Ciel, french for "sky" and is also the name of the legendary chocobo from Final Fantasy: Unlimited.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Arkine Vanrien
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I couldn't find a name for my original FFXI character and I was in a hurry to play to I tried Kain (Legacy of Kain) but it was taken, so I tried Arkain because "Ark" sounded cool (and still does!) and that didn't work too so I just messed with it a bit and ended up with Arkine.

When XIV beta started, I couldn't come up with a last name and wished I could leave it blank and that when it hit me, I started looking for "Blank" and "Nothing" in google translator and ended up with "Rien" which is french, then I lost my beta account so I had to figure a new last name and I had a Van Hellsing DVD on my desk so I just used Van and ended up with Vanrien.

Its ironic that my name is almost entirely inspired by vampires even though I really really hate vampires.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Keith Dragoon
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Back in elementary school I drew a half dragon, half man (Human with dragon wings, tail and eyes) wearing full plate armor who rode a dragon like the mounted Calvary Dragoons. I decided to name him Keith because it sounded like a cool first name and choose Dragoon since he rode a dragon like a Calvary Horse and it also sounded cool.

Most people think my name is related to the FF job but I didn't even know what FF was back then, the name just stuck. Now that I read that aloud the character I drew is kinda similar to the Panzer Dragoon guy accept Keith does most of the work with his many weapons.

He looked like this but less short and more evil

My chocobo's name is Aionios(Ioneos) which I just took from an anime "This Ugly Yet Beautiful World" Who was the robot companion of one of the main characters. Name sounds cool so I used it.
    (3)
    Last edited by Keith_Dragoon; 01-19-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Keith Dragoon - Ambassador of Artz and Adorable

Player
    Character
    Bobbin Threadbare
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I am a huge fan of this namesake. Also close to my real name. ^.^
    (2)

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast