Player
    Character
    Linkci Lunarpaw
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90

Summoning Stones for filling parties

All of us remember waiting on party members to get where the camp is, or meeting in town to head out to dungeon. This is all time that we could be playing the game!
    And while we can teleport anytime to anywhere with a Aetheryte or Aether node. It still takes time to run out to to where the party camp is!

Solution!

Summoning stones. These are stones that 1 player needs to have, but requires 3 players in the party to use! The player with the stone uses it and gets 2 more stones to trade to the other 2 players. All 3 players use the stones in unison to summon the party member joining the group. A popup window will appear to the original stone owner to enter the players name.
    An animation commences as the players preform the ritual to summon the party member.

From the summoned players POV. The Summoned player will get a prompt of.
    "You are being summoned by <Original summoned stone players name> Do you accept?" Yes/No.
    If player accepts he gets teleported to the parties location.

A summoning stone can have up to 3-4 uses. So that only 1 stone is enough to fill a party to full!

I believe this will be nice way of providing a convenient way to shorten the wait time for assembling a party.

Optional features:
    Summoning stones can be craftable, or looted by certain NPC's maybe NM's.
    (3)

Idea reminds me of the NPC partner from XI, but I do believe this is the purpose of your Gambit leaden Chocobo buddy.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Linkci Lunarpaw
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Well, NPC party members aside. There is nothing better than a real player Sure the Companions and battle Chocobo's can fill in the gaps so the party can keep fighting the good fight. I'd still wouldn't mind spending the few seconds to summon a real player to the party vs, whipping out my NPC Chocobo.

1 other thing I forgot to add. When your adding the last player to the 6 player party. or have a full party already but want to prep someone to replace somebody that is leaving. You can use the summoning stones to summon a player despite having a full party. Then when your ready you can add the player to the party when the other player leaves.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Beatbox
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    BUT A REALM REBORN IS GOING TO BE SOLO ONLY WHY WOULD WE WANT TO PARTY???
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Seeing how we going to have dungeon finder and that what people going to end up doing vs going to the dungeon themself and finding a party on there own world. I don't see a summoning stone being useful at all now seeing how free company would get perks and you add the perks but unlocking them / adding them to your free company house by the sound of some of the interview yoshi-p said. I think we may have a perk that would summon all free company members to person who allow to use the perk that would help everyone get there without waiting 10m for people to get ready.

I sure they be other perk if everyone dead beside one person they can use a perk to get everyone up but there a long cool down like maybe 10+hours like wow.

For friends they could easy just have what wow have that you gain more exp while with your friend and you can teleport them to your area. But having a summon stone that you can use whenever would just ruin the point of even having teleport crystal in every area and seeing how there is one in every area i don't see point in the summon stone you teleport to the crystal get on chocobo and you get to the party within 1-4m anyways so there you go.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    "You are being summoned by <Original summoned stone players name> Do you accept?" Yes/No.

I just had a hardcore Demon Soul Dark Soul flash back... XD

Soul Signs ftw :P - I'd hope they can reduce the amount of free teleports per zone with this idea, but I like this idea either way. A nice way for a large parties waiting for an extra to get going faster .

Can stop this: "White mage left, everyone take an hour break" lol

@Zenaku

I dont think this should be relegated to only Free Companies because then it encourages you to not party outside of your group - more elitism kind of nonsense.

Also to answer why a person wouldn't just teleport to location and walk I think its made fair by the fact it needs 3 people already in location.

Its good when you are far in a camp and you cant get out easily without that extra person. Could put a summon debuff on the summoners (or just the main summoner) too so that you need 3 different people each time you want to summon one person (to prevent 3 people summoning an army).

Also for the summon action can I recommend WoW's system? You just right click on the portal to support it, easier and less obtrusive XD.
    (3)
    Last edited by Shougun; 01-22-2013 at 01:58 AM.

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post

I just had a hardcore Demon Soul Dark Soul flash back... XD

Soul Signs ftw :P - I'd hope they can reduce the amount of free teleports per zone with this idea, but I like this idea either way. A nice way for a large parties waiting for an extra to get going faster .

Can stop this: "White mage left, everyone take an hour break" lol

@Zenaku

I dont think this should be relegated to only Free Companies because then it encourages you to not party outside of your group - more elitism kind of nonsense.

Also to answer why a person wouldn't just teleport to location and walk I think its made fair by the fact it needs 3 people already in location.

Its good when you are far in a camp and you cant get out easily without that extra person. Could put a summon debuff on the summoners (or just the main summoner) too so that you need 3 different people each time you want to summon one person (to prevent 3 people summoning an army).

Also for the summon action can I recomend WoW's system? You just right click on the portal to support it, easier and less obtrusive XD.
    Seeing how free company are the guild system in FFXIV what the point of having summon a party if everyone going to do dungeon finder that just teleport inside a dungeon with random people with diff worlds?"Not if you doing endgame then you just do it with your free company/linkshell" Having a simple teleport system to teleport anyone to your area seem like a cheat and waste of the dev team to even make mounts or teleport crystal.

Sorry but my idea make the most sense you don't really need the teleport someone to your area when they can simple teleport to the crystal near the camp and get there within 1-4m if you watch the alpha video there a crystal in every area and you can reach anypoint in the map within a short amount of time.

The only teleport that make sense is free company/linkshell having perks not sure where you getting people would not party outside there group when no one would be doing that to start with. Remember we have dungeon finder where we can simple join any dungeon within 1sec everyone would be doing that vs finding a camp and partying seeing how yoshi-p said in 2.0 party camp would be that great vs other content they releasing for exp. I see more people standing around in city or there fav spot and joinin dungeon with random people around servers then looking for people on there own worlds.

Also the free company teleport is not for elitism is help out casual linkshell also that want to do dungeon with there own ls.

i just don't see SE adding a system where you can teleport anyone at any time at any spot what would be the point of teleport crystal / mount the only people who end up using it would be people who play by themselfs seem like a lot of time for the dev to make all that to end up making a teleport system that allow anyone to teleport anyone to any spot in the game i understand that you think having 3 people it the area would make it fair but i still think it a cheat system for people who don't want to simple teleport to teleport crystal A and walk 2m to the camp on mount it just save you 2-4m.

That just my opinion on this matter and i don't see SE adding a system like what the op is asking something like summon stone outside dungeon and such yes but not a stone you carry and can summon someone not if it's a perk for your free company/linkshell and you summon everyone that make more to sense to me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zenaku; 01-22-2013 at 02:08 AM.
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Linkci Lunarpaw
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    Seeing how we going to have dungeon finder and that what people going to end up doing vs going to the dungeon themself and finding a party on there own world. I don't see a summoning stone being useful at all now seeing how free company would get perks and you add the perks but unlocking them / adding them to your free company house by the sound of some of the interview yoshi-p said. I think we may have a perk that would summon all free company members to person who allow to use the perk that would help everyone get there without waiting 10m for people to get ready.

I sure they be other perk if everyone dead beside one person they can use a perk to get everyone up but there a long cool down like maybe 10+hours like wow.

For friends they could easy just have what wow have that you gain more exp while with your friend and you can teleport them to your area. But having a summon stone that you can use whenever would just ruin the point of even having teleport crystal in every area and seeing how there is one in every area i don't see point in the summon stone you teleport to the crystal get on chocobo and you get to the party within 1-4m anyways so there you go.
    Well dungeon finder requires the player to be at the dungeon. My system is for summoning missing party members that have left to bring them to your party.

I hear you that it makes the Aetheryte and Aetheryte nodes being every where, but to get to a node you have to teleport twice to your location and that can take up to 10mins. More depending on where in the world you are and how things nodes are spaced.

My idea minimizes the waiting.

btw, where is this interview about Free companies, I would enjoy reading it! That would be pretty cool if they add unique teleporting functions to Free Companies! Okay I'm really wanting to know where this Free Company perk teleporting information is now. Several people are referring to it and I haven't heard of anything coming to Free Companies other than they are in the game?! Link please?
    (0)
    Last edited by Linkurrra; 01-22-2013 at 02:16 AM.

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    Seeing how free company are the guild system in FFXIV what the point of having summon a party if everyone going to do dungeon finder that just teleport inside a dungeon with random people with diff worlds? Having a simple teleport system to teleport anyone to your area seem like a cheat and waste of the dev team to even make mounts or teleport crystal.

Sorry but my idea make the most sense you don't really need the teleport someone to your area when they can simple teleport to the crystal near the camp and get there within 1-4m if you watch the alpha video there a crystal in every area and you can reach anypoint in the map within a short amount of time.

The only teleport that make sense is free company/linkshell having perks not sure where you getting people would not party outside there group when no one would be doing that to start with. Remember we have dungeon finder where we can simple join any dungeon within 1sec everyone would be doing that vs finding a camp and partying seeing how yoshi-p said in 2.0 party camp would be that great vs others. I see more people standing around in city or there fav spot and joinin dungeon with random people around servers then looking for people on there own worlds.

Also the free company teleport is not for elitism is help out casual linkshell also that want to do dungeon with there own ls.

i just don't see SE adding a system where you can teleport anyone at any time at any spot what would be the point of teleport crystal / mount the only people who end up using it would be people who play by themselfs seem like a lot of time for the dev to make all that to end up making a teleport system that allow anyone to teleport anyone to any spot in the game.
    A) What I'm saying isnt 'exactly' what the OP is saying since I want less teleports in the first place
    B) If you've ever been stuck deep in a monster camp there is no way for a person to teleport to aether and walk to you, you either have to come back out or they dont get in. (Monster camps are not dungeons, and I do hope they are in ARR)

The system OP is suggesting requires multiple people and also requires a farmed/bought item - this is entirely different then the aether teleport system so there is still point to the either system. But like I said before I'd like to see the aether network nerfed and other transport system introduced (not the OP's point again, just mine).

I said only free companies being able to use the teleport spell would cause elitism because then you'd be even less likely to go outside of your group, causing more "group behavior" which is pretty much elitism in this game.

Making it easy to use PUGs is good, its true we have a content finder but there is still the players who are on your sever (friends of friends, Free company of free company kind of stuff, someone in one of your LS).
    (1)
    Last edited by Shougun; 01-22-2013 at 02:11 AM.

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkurrra View Post
    Well dungeon finder requires the player to be at the dungeon. My system is for summoning missing party members that have left to bring them to your party.

I hear you that it makes the Aetheryte and Aetheryte nodes being every where, but to get to a node you have to teleport twice to your location and that can take up to 10mins. More depending on where in the world you are and how things nodes are spaced.

My idea minimizes the waiting.

btw, where is this interview about Free companies, I would enjoy reading it! That would be pretty cool if they add unique teleporting functions to Free Companies!
    Dungeon finder requires you to enter the dungeon the first time normal way. Then you allow to queue anywhere in eorzea and enter the dungeon with anyone in all servers within cluster. Which mean people would do few things Dungeon finder or questing or any other content they adding that give more exp then normal exp. Also let's say you and 3 friends want to do a dungeon run just join a party and Queue up for a dungeon and it would teleport you and your friend inside the dungeon with random people who Queue up in your world or other world within the servers cluster SE is making.

There is a interview that yoshi-p talk about adding perks and unlocking perks the teleport one he did not say but you can bet it would happen. It's one of the most common guild i seen and make the most sense it would take a while for free company to unlock that perk tho so it's not like everyone be running around with it.

@Shougun What you said in B make sense but i find it to be cheating the point of going in a monster camp and finding and killing everything was how hard it take to enter and get the that point. If you can just get any random person within that spot they want i could see people using to get something out of that camp and paying the party for the help. Oh next to the hardest chest in this camp teleport member A thanks guys open chest 'Return' I find it like a cheat like someone else did all the hard work. I understand it made to help casual and noobs and what not but at the end it get mess up by elitism like you said using the system in other ways to get what they want quick and easy without doing no work at all.

Matter what you do people are less likely to go outside there group pug party never seem to work out. Have you try and win garuda with a random pug party? or do AV,CC 18m run without failing? if you don't do it with good people it just not going to work. It's not about elitism is the fact that if you want to get things done you do it with people you know. I don't do anything in a pug not if i know at least 80% of the people in the party not because i'm elitsm just because of the fact that people don't know how to do the runs and not going to waste hours of my time losing. Unlike FFXI where i could easy do anything in pug without issue and we won 75% of the time without issue. In FFXIV people just don't know how to play or they just don't get anything that why people end up partying with people they know / endgame ls.

The teleport perk i said it been used in wow and other games and seeing how Free company will have perks i see teleport free company perk being one of the top tier park. So don't worry not like every free company would be running around with it i bet it take time to get.

Sorry to say but that just how MMO are now at days you party with your own people i love partying with random people time to time but it get to the point like you waste your time and got noting done if i meet a awesome person will then that was worth the time but most of the time people don't even talk anymore in party and everyone have there own clicks even in endgame ls so you left out most of the time anyways that what mmo have become.

Not saying the idea is bad just saying if they do add the system it should be a hard item to come by. So at least teleport and mount are still worth a dam and not a worthless pointless thing when anyone can teleport anyone at any time with 3+ party in that item and the stone in there hand. At least the free company perk would take months and weeks to get and it something you only use once and they be 3+hour cool down on it.

Sidenote: the people who on our own world would end up doing dungeon finder also it quicker then finding a party in your own world this is why i dislike dungeon finder i dislike the system because it make people not enjoy there own world and help people who around you and you see everyday doing something. but sadly they adding dungeon finder and there noting we can do about it i hope there content that make people do it on there own world and not just use dungeon finder.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast