Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by moriandrio View Post
    Cause this Idea is dumb and you just ignore every argument against it.
    Actually, i do not and have not ignore any arguments against it. I simply have reasonable and valid counterarguments.

Saying "the idea is dumb" is a logical fallacy. You have to state WHY you think it is dumb to make a compelling argument.

Obviously Blizzard Entertainment didn't think it was dumb- it sure didn't prevent WoW from gaining millions of players, at least.

Not saying it was a selling point or anything, either- but if it was such a terrible idea, the game's community would have rebelled against it like his one is. Of course, different communities can have very different likes and expectations, as I've discovered. It was certainly an interesting experience, to say the least.

(edit: decided to cut this a lot shorter. It can be hard to pull oneself away sometimes...)
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-19-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Player
    Character
    Mayoi Hachikuji
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Actually, i do not and have not ignore any arguments against it. I simply have reasonable and valid counterarguments.

Saying "the idea is dumb" is a logical fallacy. You have to state WHY you think it is dumb to make a compelling argument.

Obviously Blizzard Entertainment didn't think it was dumb- it sure didn't prevent WoW from gaining millions of players, at least.

Not saying it was a selling point or anything, either- but if it was such a terrible idea, the game's community would have rebelled against it like his one is. Of course, different communities can have very different likes and expectations, as I've discovered. It was certainly an interesting experience, to say the least.
    Those arguments have been pointed out by a bunch of ppl several times but you just ignore them. It seems that wow is your main argument

"Cause it works there its good and wee need it"

Maybe you forgot it but this is not WOW and there is no reason to change a working system and fuck it up and copy&paste some more wow bullshit.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Azzi Lionheart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by indira View Post
    what ever happened about talking about stuff that mattered in game, day night already works. if it aint broken dont fix it.
    ^----- this
    (2)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Maybe you forgot it but this is not WOW and there is no reason to change a working system and fuck it up and copy&paste some more wow bullshit.
    Lol angry much? what did that game do to you? I don't like the game either, but I'm sick of people acting as if it is the bane of our existence. It's still the biggest MMO of its kind, I can't imagine it's because they made a terrible game and did nothing right whatsoever. There are some things it handled poorly, and some things it did well. It's not the worst game ever, but there are better ones out there too. It's all subjective...

what ever happened about talking about stuff that mattered in game, day night already works. if it aint broken dont fix it.
    ^---- not this

I pointed out in my very original post things I thought were broken with it. Broken isn't really the right word so much as "Could be improved."

But whatever.... yes, you all hate the idea. No need to keep bashing me for having proposed it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-19-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Player
    Character
    Loony Bob
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Yeah, it's gotta be a no from me on this one. Too many things working against it.
    (7)
    doop doop

Character
    N'aivir Alexaire
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    So what? it's not important. It doesn't affect these people's ability to play the game.

Beyond that, I don't know ANYONE that 24/7/365 could NEVER log in at a different time of day ever for any reason.

Most of the time I log in, it will be evening. That doesn't mean I'll ever be able to log in during the day, it will happen sometimes. Beyond that, you can always pick a server in a different location if you really absolutely cannot ever 100% log in at the time of day you'd rather be on at. But I can't imagine many people having this issue.

Go play WoW for 5 minutes. Ask around if anyone cares what time of day it is in game. if you get more than one person to say they wish they could experience different times of day, i'd be extremely suprised.

Well, I give up on this. apparently people really love their eorzea time.
    Well it's a good thing this is Final FANTASY and doesn't need to/should not have any bearing on or ties to reality. A lot of people want to play to get into a different world for a while. Not to mention the whole thing of SE's warning to not let the game affect your work/school/life/family. I foresee people logging on and playing all night til sunrise the next morning. I'm sure people like you would argue that would be a deterrant to playing too much. "Well the sun is coming up, i guess i need to go to sleep." But there's probably just as many if not more who would say a situation like that should not happen for a healthy gaming/rl relationship.

Most scenic shot takers could find some time out of their life to log in in the other part of the day to take some shots- its not something that requires hours and hours to do.
    And now you're blatantly asking people to plan their lives around a video game which is also usually considered a big no no.

And if you really gave up on this, you'd stop posting replies to keep this retarded thread going.

PS lolWoW sucks and is full of ignorant "Take my money!" Americans. The graphics also suck so i figure half the people don't even realize it's day or night, especially if all they do is log on, do a few raids, log off.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Klefth Reinhart
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    No, no you don't. All you do is repeat yourself over and over again despite what others add to the discussion, much like in the animation lock thread.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    I think the REAL reason they wont do Eorzia time = Earth time is because Eorzia's sun rovolves around Eorzia faster than Earth revolves around its sun! Therefore, the days and nights go by faster in Eorzia than they do on Earth.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kazaran Leeman
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    oh heck no. That would ruin seeig transitions of night and day If you only play certain times of days. Real time and mmo's just don't work well in cases where you have tiem of day elements, and if crafting does play a roll it will make it to difficult for many.

You an change the clock to acutaly time, rather then game time if it bothers you so much.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    I can see it work. As long as there aren't any unique occurrences at a certain time, like mobs spawning only at night, like skellies and undead. But, undead could spawn anytime indoors to fix that.

Have the data center's time zone match in game time. So the western US data center would follow PST, whereas the eastern seaboard would follow EST.

We can't have any of that "stores are only open at certain hours" stuff. Otherwise, someone who works 5 days a week 1st shift will never be able to use the shops.
    (0)

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast