Player
    Character
    Spoony Bard
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

Legacy Perks

OK so im sure there are tons of posts on the info I DO know. However, I read somewhere that if you have completed the end game story stuff in V1 that legacy members will get some items in V2 that nobody else will be able to.

Is that correct? If so, what items?

I never finished the story line of quests, which kinda sucks but, just want to know what i'm missing out on.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    You will get a physical toggle on/off mark of some sort for being at the end of 1.0 - this isnt a part of legacy.

Legacy ingame item:
    You will also get a special chocobo with black frosted tips and unique barding.

(1)

Player
    Character
    Kaplan Homahru
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    The only thing that legacy members get come from legacy status itself (it has nothing to do with playing through the story) - the chocobo, the discount, and the "scar/marking" (not sure if legacy or 1.0).

Any player could play through the storyline to get the rewards in 1.0, regardless of legacy or not. Not sure what you heard about, but it might have been the Dalamud Horn, the achievement item for completing the Project Meteor scenario or the White Ravens, the earrings for beating hard-mode Darnus.
    (2)
    Last edited by KaplanHomahru; 01-27-2013 at 04:14 AM. Reason: clarity; completion

Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85
    If you didn't do the quests you also missed out on the Dalamud Horn (completing the story), and the White Ravens (Darnus-hard fight).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Uhhh, if you beat Darnus Hard Mode (The "final" boss of XIV 1.0), you get his earrings which are pretty nice. Obviously can't get them any more, but you don't need to be Legacy to get them.

Also, Goobbues are Version 1.0 only, but again, don't need to be legacy for that either.

Legacy members get a unique Chocobo for version 2.0.

There's nothing from completing the 1.0 story that Legacy gets over non-legacy. (That I know of)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Spoony Bard
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Cool, I appreciate the info's. I'll be hitting this game pretty hard soon as its out. I'm pretty stoked bout it. Long time FF fan here (even hooked up my nintendo to play my Fav FF game with cecil!)

I'll be looking for a LS with active players!!

Also wanted to add a question -- Will everyone be starting over with fresh characters?
    (2)
    Last edited by SinisterJoint; 01-27-2013 at 04:38 AM. Reason: adding stuff

Player
    Character
    Rau Berlioz
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    No. We have the option to keep our old characters and start off with them.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eemeefu View Post
    This thread is not a beautiful or unique snowflake.

Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterJoint View Post
    Also wanted to add a question -- Will everyone be starting over with fresh characters?
    I have too much time invested in Lu to start over. I may make another character to check out the newbie stuff though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Spoony Bard
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I wish I had gotten into FFXIV a little bit more, than my character wouldnt be so noob =P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Iron Soup
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Clearing this out.

- Legacy members obtained their title by paying for 3 months to play in 2012.
    - The Main story rewards, the seasonal events items, Goobbues mount and most items received in v.1 will be transferred. No Legacy membership needed (you were there for the Haloween event, you'll still have that pumpkin head mask from 2011).
    - Legacy are getting a rebate on the monthly cost to play FFXIV:ARR and a special chocobo mount (picture above in Shougun's post)
    - At the moment, there are no more ways available to get the Legacy membership.
    ... thank you for calling... ;P
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast