Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 155

Thread: NIGHT TIME!!

  1. #111
    Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,462
    Quote Originally Posted by KaMuiSouZou View Post
    That's a cool idea too: having remnants of Dalamud in the sky. I've been trying out Aion the last few days while I wait for beta and this reminded me of the moon there. Having a mini red version of this as a remnant of Dalamud complete with floating rock chunks swirling around would be sweet.

    It could also be cool to have different Deity/Primal constellations depending on what elemental day or month it is. Occasionally bringing back things like auroras or meteor showers is also great.

    In the end, I think what it needs is something I'd never be able to see in real life - something fantasy. Having a starrier sky with some nebulas is definitely a good start as many can't go out and see that since they live in cities. But even something as simple as two moons is something none of us can ever see outside our own windows. Not having something fantastical in the sky seems like a waste of potential.
    That's impossible lol Bahamut blew Dalamud up to a million pieces and it scattered all over Eorzea when he flies down to start the rain of fire theres only a huge cloud of red dust up there
    (2)

  2. #112
    Player
    Klefth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    617
    Character
    Klefth Reinhart
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    PUGILIST Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by KaMuiSouZou View Post
    It could also be cool to have different Deity/Primal constellations depending on what elemental day or month it is. Occasionally bringing back things like auroras or meteor showers is also great.

    In the end, I think what it needs is something I'd never be able to see in real life - something fantasy. Having a starrier sky with some nebulas is definitely a good start as many can't go out and see that since they live in cities. But even something as simple as two moons is something none of us can ever see outside our own windows. Not having something fantastical in the sky seems like a waste of potential.
    The bolded seems like a great idea! If they do add days of the week back (which I hope they do) or even months, it'd be great if they added something like that in the sky to complement it. It'd be a very neat little detail.
    (1)

  3. #113
    Player
    Mortechai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ul'dah
    Posts
    169
    Character
    Mortechai Voidwatcher
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    GLADIATOR Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyri View Post
    I don't know about you other old Xi'ers, but I spit gingerale on my monitor laughing when I read the bit about moonphases, hehe
    "Ah, but will facing north-by-northeast at 2:45 a.m. while the moon is a waning crescent result in a 27% increase in your chances to synthesize HQ mythril ingots!? That is real the question!
    Fernehalwes"
    I got a huge laugh out of that too XD. I remember having my compass and charts open in the background, flipping back and forth in between synths XD.
    (2)

    I have within me the blood of legends!

  4. #114
    Player
    KaMuiSouZou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    229
    Character
    Shaku Kamui
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    GLADIATOR Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    That's impossible lol Bahamut blew Dalamud up to a million pieces and it scattered all over Eorzea when he flies down to start the rain of fire theres only a huge cloud of red dust up there
    Since the moon in the pic is mostly empty (kinda like a broken egg shell) my suggestion was maybe there was a small bit remaining after that explosion (maybe even only floating chunks). Regardless, I agree with you that the end movie and these new beta night pics confirm there's absolutely nothing left. The Dalamud remnant idea was just a "what-if" thing we could've put in the sky.
    (0)
    www.DannyKang.net - Original artwork/animation, blog and FFXIV site
    www.Facebook.com/DannyKang.net - My Facebook Fanpage

  5. #115
    Player
    Maxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ul'dah
    Posts
    160
    Character
    Indra Spharai
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    PUGILIST Lv 50
    Black kitty will be invisible in the darkness :3
    (1)

  6. #116
    Community Rep Okipuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    119
    Greetings!

    We're glad you're all enjoying seeing Gridania at night in the latest developers' blog post.
    If you're anxiously awaiting the next blog update, you'll be happy to know that we spoke to the project manager who told us that she would be doing her best to update the blog 1-2 times a week, which means Ferne and Pinurabi better stay on their toes!
    (64)
    Okipuit - Community Team

  7. #117
    Player
    Venat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Uld'ah
    Posts
    980
    Character
    Venat Occ
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    THAUMATURGE Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings!

    We're glad you're all enjoying seeing Gridania at night in the latest developers' blog post.
    If you're anxiously awaiting the next blog update, you'll be happy to know that we spoke to the project manager who told us that she would be doing her best to update the blog 1-2 times a week, which means Ferne and Pinurabi better stay on their toes!
    sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (2)

  8. #118
    Player
    Zehira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,392
    Character
    Zehira Kisaragi
    World
    Ridill
    Main Class
    CONJURER Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings!

    We're glad you're all enjoying seeing Gridania at night in the latest developers' blog post.
    If you're anxiously awaiting the next blog update, you'll be happy to know that we spoke to the project manager who told us that she would be doing her best to update the blog 1-2 times a week, which means Ferne and Pinurabi better stay on their toes!
    Nice, those pictures do look good to be honest...
    (2)

  9. #119
    Player
    Orophin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Limsa Lominsa
    Posts
    3,440
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    GLADIATOR Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings!

    We're glad you're all enjoying seeing Gridania at night in the latest developers' blog post.
    If you're anxiously awaiting the next blog update, you'll be happy to know that we spoke to the project manager who told us that she would be doing her best to update the blog 1-2 times a week, which means Ferne and Pinurabi better stay on their toes!
    So the mysterious "M" is a she. Hmm...
    (3)

  10. #120
    Player
    Roaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    675
    Character
    Ajax Sol
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    MARAUDER Lv 50
    Need to make FFXIV night time more like Minecraft...
    (1)

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast