Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Firon View Post
    The PDF's clearly state there will be pvp only gear and skills and such.

I'm tired of quoting this every time people get up and arms over pve/pvp gear
    Which PDF did that info come from? or rather where can I find it?I'd like to have a look at it. Thanks!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Firon Veleth
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsume View Post
    Which PDF did that info come from? or rather where can I find it?I'd like to have a look at it. Thanks!
    http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/dow...Content_EN.pdf

From the original pdf's this one was always the most interesting to me cause it gave hints to a lot of things people did not see coming. Great Labyrinth of Bahamut.
    (0)
    Last edited by Firon; 01-19-2013 at 01:02 PM.

3. 01-19-2013 01:02 PM

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Firon View Post
    http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/dow...Content_EN.pdf

From the original pdf's this one was always the most interesting to me cause it gave hints to a lot of things people did not see coming. Great Labyrinth of Bahamut.
    Thanks, I forgot about that pdf >_> all sorts of goodies in there I overlooked...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Azmar Azurewrath
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    I like the ranking system idea, I think there should be a ranking system for the whole server also, and the reduced stats on pve gear to make pvp gear the main idea. The only problem I see is melds. Whatever you can meld will obviously win. But even pvp gear with triple melds would already get really dumb and unreal damage. Even if pve gear gives reduced stats eventually we will all have x4 melds and it will beat any other gear out there. I feel like you should only be able to wear pvp gear in pvp( pvp gear that you can obtain based on your rank 1-40 for each individual class), allow melding but making a single meld only like 5% chance, and double meld even harder. That way you can work towards getting your pvp gear, and meld it to make it better. If you break it you go back to the start.

A quick thought about pvp rank, in ffxi they had capped pvp matches. Maybe something like R50 matches that cap at R10 pvp, R20 pvp, R30 pvp gear sets, and uncap pvp. These matches change times throughout the week. That way new players can enjoy the R10 cap and there will become tweaking for these caps, and the higher lvl people can enjoy matches at their level at R30. Instead of shoving R1 people in fights with R30 people..

The level cap gear gives the carrot on the stick of trying to get gear for all the caps, with melding chances and breaking them gives you a lot of goals. Give achivements for full pvp gear sets, specific pvp ranks for each job, and titles/new dyes/trophy showed on your guy for winning matches and being the best of the best.
    (0)
    Last edited by Azmar; 01-22-2013 at 06:23 AM.

Player
    Character
    Klynwilf Spellrifter
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Honest, if PvP was gearless I would be perfectly fine with that. By 'gearless' I mean gear has no effect in PvP, other than cosmetic. Easier to balance and I like my PvP to be skill vs. skill, not gear vs gear.

I'm more concerned on the level on counter play they have for PvP fights. If you don't know what counter play is, I direct to to this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRBcjsOt0_g

Now if they could make gear selection part of the counter play, that would be fantastic. I love options and depth in my PvP.
    (0)
    Forum Lurker Extraordinaire.
    Like a good stalker, I'm always there.

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    If they go the PvP gear route, they have to make it so that the Ilvl on them is lower than PvE gear so people wont be going into content finder with it. Even WoW hasn't gotten that right, and has a lot of people using PvP gear for raids and random dungeons and doing very poorly due to the lack of PvE related stats (Hit rating and expertise especially).

Tho PvP gear can sometimes make things really unfair to someone just getting into PvP vs someone whos been PvPing for a long time and accumilated a lot of gear due to it. Skill has nothing to do with it in those cases, its just 'ive been doing this longer thus have the winning advantage'. They should handle it with care.
    (0)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Klive View Post
    Honest, if PvP was gearless I would be perfectly fine with that. By 'gearless' I mean gear has no effect in PvP, other than cosmetic. Easier to balance and I like my PvP to be skill vs. skill, not gear vs gear.

I'm more concerned on the level on counter play they have for PvP fights. If you don't know what counter play is, I direct to to this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRBcjsOt0_g

Now if they could make gear selection part of the counter play, that would be fantastic. I love options and depth in my PvP.
    Except that's highly unnatural, because nobody fights naked.

I don't want pvp rewards to be useless everywhere else because then there is no incentive to do it. It's fine to have gear with different stat-sets that aren't optimal for the other mode fom where you obtained it, but it shouldn't be "gear only has any effect in pvp."
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Etoile Kallera
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Except that's highly unnatural, because nobody fights naked.
    I think the point was to render gear statless in order to have a level playing field, that way PvP doesn't become the sole dominion of relic wielding monsters. I disagree somewhat with this, being a crafter, but I understand the need for balance is greater in PvP in order to keep it interesting.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Max Wind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    I think we should have special modes of PVP... one where we can use out own armor and lvl and one where we get a set lvl and stats, but they allow us to choose any class we can currently use... obviously using your own weapons give you more points after winning than using the fixed stat battles... This way we have a version of pvp which any player can try out and we have a version for the lvl 45 elite triple melded weapon relic using player against against an the lvl 50 AF using player... For the Set lvl and stats PVP, I don't think there should be any pvp items to buy because it ruins the integrity of any player being able to start it and try pvp if a veteran pvp player has the advantage of better armor and weapons...
    (0)
    Last edited by Kirito; 01-23-2013 at 04:20 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nuinn Nomi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 64
    Use same gear in PvE and PvP (basically meaning using PvE gear - crafted, melded, primal, raid etc. in PvP) and give us special looking vanity gear that we can purchase for PvP points to make our default gear more distinct and to show off our PvP "wealth".

In terms this would be a SE give us vanity slots, restricted by class/job, already! thing
    (0)
    Proud member of the Abyss FC — Excalibur

If you need a place to chat about all sorts of ridiculous, dorky and nonsensical topics, feel free to join the Absolutely Fabulous LS
    Send a /tell and bring your happy pills~!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9