Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Rainbowdash Pegasus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 4

How much do you think server transfers should cost?

Some people will want to move around once server transfers become avaiable maybe they want to move to their own regions server, but how much will they cost?

In FFXI they cost $25, which if you asked me is a bit expensive these days. However in Rift they are free and you can server transfer every 7 days.

How much do you think server transfers should cost in FFXIV?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zehira Korrigan
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    XIV isn't like XI, to be honest...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I really think that server transfers should cost say $25. I know it's kinda expensive, but if you can transfer for free there are going to be a lot of people who abuse that.
    As you say Pink; in Rift you can transfer every 7 days and it's free. What's a week of no-play if you gank a bunch of gear/gil from your linkshell, transfer to another server and change your name (by creating an alt on the target server)?
    If the server transfer costs something substantial, say $15~$25, people are going to be much less inclined to abuse it.
    (17)

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    I really think that server transfers should cost say $25. I know it's kinda expensive, but if you can transfer for free there are going to be a lot of people who abuse that.
    As you say Pink; in Rift you can transfer every 7 days and it's free. What's a week of no-play if you gank a bunch of gear/gil from your linkshell, transfer to another server and change your name (by creating an alt on the target server)?
    If the server transfer costs something substantial, say $15~$25, people are going to be much less inclined to abuse it.
    the way you cant abuse it it is put timers on transfers like FFXI 90 days, i dont know if they still have timers but thats the only way. some of us make more the that an hour at work so its nothing, we can abuse it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by indira View Post
    the way you cant abuse it it is put timers on transfers like FFXI 90 days, i dont know if they still have timers but thats the only way. some of us make more the that an hour at work so its nothing, we can abuse it.
    I could afford to abuse it, but I'm frugal as heck lol D: so I definitely wouldn't ><.

The 90 day timer is there still I think? I'm not sure, it's been over 2 years since I quit XI Q_Q;. I think the 90 day timer would work beautifully though, I totally forgot about that. Thanks Indi!
    (1)

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

Player
    Character
    Zehira Korrigan
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Since I can tell that ARR will probably make us to create more characters than just one... What make it necessary for us to pay for one?

Being forced to have one character like XI? Um no... In XI, they always know who I am and really they need to get a life...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Since I can tell that ARR will probably make us to create more characters than just one... What make it necessary for us to pay for one?
    If your server becomes too quiet
    If there's people that you would prefer never to see again
    If you'd like to move and play with a r/l buddy and not want to start over from scratch... There's plenty of reasons ^^
    A lot of people are content to start fresh by making a new character elsewhere, but when you have over 2 years of work packed onto one character, the cool 1.0 things like goobbue, swimsuits and the like, people are less inclined to give that up.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Zehira Korrigan
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    How would you know? lol :P

Have you played other MMOs? PSO is the best example, you would want to switch a character whatever and whenever you wish! ^^

If you'd like to move and play with a r/l buddy and not want to start over from scratch... There's plenty of reasons ^^
    You are right that I do want my r/l friends to try ARR since most of them have never played XI or other MMO. I kinda worry if it has a timesink like XI and they would worry and don't want to waste their time since they have a life to do so.. xD

I wasted my $25 from Odin to Bahamut server.

A lot of people are content to start fresh by making a new character elsewhere, but when you have over 2 years of work packed onto one character, the cool 1.0 things like goobbue, swimsuits and the like, people are less inclined to give that up.

Don't forget what happen in XI when you only have one character and finish your own storylines just for once! What make it Final Fantasy!? o.o

You see... We are not going to play Tanaka's game anymore, we are now going to play Yoshi-P's (likely his personal idea) game. He decided to make us Legacy members with 40 character slots. If we are stuck with one character by slow leveling up and do something very little. Now you tell me what do we do with our 40 character slots? lol :3
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I'm not going to copy/pasta all of your post so I'll just answer each separately lol.

1) If your server is too quiet; you can tell - it gets really hard to gather even a small number of people for events, you also hardly see cities being 'lively'.

2) I have played other MMOs :O, my reasoning is if there's people you'd rather never see again but still want to continue playing your main a transfer would be perfect. You can't exactly throw all your achievements onto another character and continue on from there, you'd have to start from scratch. Some people are happy to start over, some are not. For those that do not want to - server transfer would be perfect.

3) That sucks that your server transfer was wasted ;;, I've always seen XIV as more 'casual' - given the fact that you can log in for say 1hr and actually make progress instead of being forced to have 3+hrs available to party. I think ARR will suit a lot of people that have busy schedules! (I hope so, anyways haha)

4) When you finished your storylines in XI, you still had plenty of other content to tackle. ARR won't have quite the same amount of content from the get-go, but they will always add more! I will make alts for sure with my 40 character slots, but I would only play on one server (unless a r/l buddy started up elsewhere) so that I don't have to re-level my crafts (So tedious! lol). I know that this is now Yoshi-P's game, even though levelling will be fast, there's still going to be plenty going on after hitting the cap - and for those that want to keep all their goobs, swimsuits etc and move on would be able to.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    How would you know? lol :P

Have you played other MMOs? PSO is the best example, you would want to switch a character whatever and whenever you wish! ^^

You are right that I do want my r/l friends to try ARR since most of them have never played XI or other MMO. I kinda worry if it has a timesink like XI and they would worry and don't want to waste their time since they have a life to do so.. xD

I wasted my $25 from Odin to Bahamut server.

Don't forget what happen in XI when you only have one character and finish your own storylines just for once! What make it Final Fantasy!? o.o

You see... We are not going to play Tanaka's game anymore, we are now going to play Yoshi-P's (likely his personal idea) game. He decided to make us Legacy members with 40 character slots. If we are stuck with one character by slow leveling up and do something very little. Now you tell me what do we do with our 40 character slots? lol :3
    You looking it to it way to much this is still a FF title and does not matter if it no longer tanaka game. You still only going to play with 1 Char. Why would i start over i lost all my items like goobbue,relics that i pay 50mil to get 3 relics and so much more. The other character slots is for role playing or if you like to start over on other account while there noting to do on your main.

I for one would be using the other slots as mules and to do other things.
    (4)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast