Player
    Character
    Indra Spharai
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80

Wallpaper Generator 2.0

Now that the community reps are back from vacation, time to slide this one in here

Are there any plans to bring back the wallpaper generator from the bikini event to ARR (using ARR models, assets and visuals) ?
    If so, will it be expanded (more gear/pose options) ? Group/Linkshell picture generator ? Maybe make it permanent ?

RAWR! :3

Pushing it a little further...
    I understand all the technical limitations pertaining to available assets and streamlining a rendering process, BUT i still want to throw the idea in here in the hopes of maybe planting it in the head of a dev:

How about a short, fully rendered (cinematic quality, same lvl of the promotionnal/intro movies) cutscene generator using your character in the spot light ! I'd freaking pay for this /wink
    (10)
    Last edited by Maxwell; 01-15-2013 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Added Group/Linkshell suggestion

Player
    Character
    Rau Berlioz
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    im just going to go ahead and sah "probably not."
    (0)

Player
    I like the idea
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Quesse Mithril
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    1.0 bikini wallpaper is probably as good as its gonna get. 2.0 graphics don't look to be better (as far as texture detail goes) so why would you want a blockier chunkier version?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Exocryst Lebreska
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    <--gives the Indra Kitty a ball of yarn :3

I like the idea, especially since I couldn't finish 2011's summer event for my character's wallpaper.
    (2)
    <--Giver of yarns, not the giver of darns :3
    Follow me on Twitter @Antanias_

Character
    Skye Windbinder
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 67
    It's a great idea!

Which means it will likely never happen. lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    J'hyan Tia
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    How about a short, fully rendered (cinematic quality, same lvl of the promotionnal/intro movies) cutscene generator using your character in the spot light ! I'd freaking pay for this /wink
    I think the limitation with a cinematic-quality rendering is that scenes like those are produced by an actual animation studio, which involves billable man-hours by trained professionals, rather than simply calling upon .dat files.

If money and time were no object, then hell yeah that'd be freaking awesome.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Indra Spharai
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsy View Post
    I think the limitation with a cinematic-quality rendering is that scenes like those are produced by an actual animation studio, which involves billable man-hours by trained professionals, rather than simply calling upon .dat files.

If money and time were no object, then hell yeah that'd be freaking awesome.
    True. Intermediate solutions could still be worthwhile. Hopefully my goal of planting the idea will turn out into something around the idea of custom content centered on your character. This is something that needs to be exploited.

Quote Originally Posted by Quesse View Post
    1.0 bikini wallpaper is probably as good as its gonna get. 2.0 graphics don't look to be better (as far as texture detail goes) so why would you want a blockier chunkier version?
    More gear and pose options. Foundation is laid, time to update and expand Party/linkshell walpapers perhaps ?
    (0)
    Last edited by Maxwell; 01-15-2013 at 07:43 AM.

Player
    A dev just said we will be able to take screenshots during CSs so that's halfway there
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yuka Gama
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    A dev just said we will be able to take screenshots during CSs so that's halfway there
    I' looking forward to it.
    (0)
    FFXI 2002-2011 SMN BLU SCH BLM NIN
    FFXIV 2010 - 2012 Ver1.0 Blm Drg whm
    FFXIV alpha beta drg blm
    FFXIV beta 2 Drg
    FFXIV beta 3 and 4 Drg SMN blm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast