Player
    Character
    Max Wind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55

Now that we know that there will be regional servers

Will you transfer to your region's server? Personally I won't, since Yoshida did say, himself, that if there is an issue with a server in Japan they can fix it rather quickly since SE will be under control of those servers. However, the servers overseas aren't a part of SE at all so it could mean longer server maintenance and a longer time for repairs for if the servers fails. It also stops me from getting rusty on my Japanese, although I guess I don't have to worry so much about that because there is 2ch and nico nico douga...
    (3)
    Last edited by Kirito; 01-10-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Player
    Character
    Zehira Korrigan
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    I won't or I will miss many good players out there.

Japanese players are so sweet, lovely and skilled.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Raeven Crux
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 56
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    I won't or I will miss many good players out there.

Japanese players are so sweet, lovely and skilled.
    and sexy... sexy jps...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kare Ruhts
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 57
    This thread probably going to get into a heated debate about why or why not there should there be regional servers.

Before the thread gets derailed...

Since I'll be playing with RL friends that are starting from scratch who are located in NA, I'll be starting over on a regional server here for lower latency and I expect more players to be online at my play time.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zehira Korrigan
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudopsia View Post
    This thread probably going to get into a heated debate about why or why not there should there be regional servers.

Before it gets derailed.

Since I'll be playing with RL friends that are starting from scratch who are located in NA, I'll be starting over on a regional server here for lower latency and I expect more players to be online at my play time.
    Indeed, my rl friends are interested to play this game however I also have 'personal' friends who are from the UK that played FFXI with me. I would be sad to see us separated like how WoW did where we can't play together unless I buy an European version of it.

Good thing is that someone has mentioned all servers are international that means you can pick which server you want to play with.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Max Wind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudopsia View Post

Before the thread gets derailed...

I really hope there is just an honest discussion and it doesn't get derailed...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kare Ruhts
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 57
    I'll still keep in touch with my FFXIV friends, I'll keep my original character on Balmung.

If there isn't a noticeable gameplay difference with higher latency and my RL friends quit like they did in 1.0, I'll probably be back on Balmung full time.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pseudopsia; 01-10-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    As I'm not expecting an Australian server, I'm going to have to test the ping on any regional servers before thinking about which I want to play on. And THEN there is the issue of possibly leaving friends behind.

Dis is gonna get hawkward. :/
    (0)

Player

I want to stay where I am, I like the population balance on that which was named Ragnarok. EU,NA,SA,JP,Aus. I will only move if it means having to to remain will my close friends / L.S members. A low population server, so room for new faces

(0)
    Last edited by 3Jane; 01-10-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    100% transferring to a US based server when the option becomes available if it isn't at launch.
    (9)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast