Player
    Character
    Complaints Department
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 60

PS3 marketing

I must say i chuckle when I read Yoshi's posts or hear him comment that the marketing team will be unhappy that he has shown us some new art or screen grabs without them knowing. From the outside the marketing team dont seem to be doing too much right now to promote this game.
    I was talking to my partner on the way to work and we thought that Square should consider starting to market ARR for PS3 players.
    Square could easily release the End of an Era/New Beginning trailers on the Playstation store, perhaps create a couple of free static XMB XIV themes, maybe even charge for some moogle or chocobo dynamic XMB themes.
    When phase 4 open beta starts, Square and Sony could perhaps open up PS3 beta access to Playstation Plus users (currently being offered by CCP for Dust 514) to try out the game and spread the word.
    Regular posts on Sony's playstation blogs to keep the PS community informed of ARR's development progress would also be helpful to stir up some interest.
    Just a thought anyway, as i know there are many people who are playing other online RPG's on playstation 3 such as White Knight Chronicles 2 and DCUO that are looking forward to a final fantasy MMO on playstation.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    When phase 4 open beta starts, Square and Sony could perhaps open up PS3 beta access to Playstation Plus users (currently being offered by CCP for Dust 514) to try out the game and spread the word.
    I doubt phase 4 beta would be only for playstation plus users, because it is the open beta. Everyone would be able to download the beta client to play it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hawk Empiros
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Ozz brings up some pretty good points. That would help give some good publicity for the game and head into the right direction.
    (0)
    A Legacy Social/Endgame NA Linkshell & Free Company

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I find it sad that they releasing it for ps3 i know they said they going to and they have to keep there word. But now hearing story of ps4 and the new xbox being release this year for 400$ it seem like they should start working on a ps4 version soon so once ps4 get big they ready to release for it also.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Delsus Highwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I would love a Dalamud theme for my XMB, if it was a dynamic theme that would be even better.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Santori Zhonets
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    But now hearing story of ps4 and the new xbox being release this year for 400$ it seem like they should start working on a ps4 version soon so once ps4 get big they ready to release for it also.
    I wouldn't be surprised if MS announces "720" in the next few months, but I expect launch to be "next year". Most sensible rumors for PS4 have always been "2014", too.

FF14 ARR will already be on it's 1st expansion by then.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Delsus Highwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    I find it sad that they releasing it for ps3 i know they said they going to and they have to keep there word. But now hearing story of ps4 and the new xbox being release this year for 400$ it seem like they should start working on a ps4 version soon so once ps4 get big they ready to release for it also.
    Here's the thing though, they spend months of manpower and thousands on a PS4 version, then the PS4 is an absolute flop, they need to make that money back, on top of the losses from 1.0. A PS4 version will only start when it's worth making the game for it.

The PS4 could be a complete flop as well with what Sony has been rumoured to be wanting to do, two of these are not making it backwards compatible, if you can sell your 360, get a little cash out of it and still play your 360 games it makes the 720 a better buy than the PS4. Another reason is Sony have patenented methods to prevent preowned games being played on a console, this can be the absolute killer for the PS4, especially when you look at some price differences between preowned and new, when you are getting the same game.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Akira Tenshi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 80
    I really want to see the PS3 game in action, by not showing it I feel like Square lacks confidence in it, and I start to worry it's going to be a horrible port.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mica Zerrshia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    SE is notorious for its lack of marketing, esp on the non-jp side. Its like that for most FF games. They get big spreads in magazine, commercials (1.0 even had a live action one), events, etc etc but outside Japan there are only trickles and maybe something here or there. Even the forums are like this, for every 20 jp dev posts there are 3 english and 1 german.

While it would be wonderful to see more advertising for ARR in general, much less the ps3 version. Unless SE marketing dept and execs take the plunge and decide it would be wise to do more international marketing its highly doubtful we will see much.

And with 1.0 being so negatively recieved Im surprised they havent done more promotion for 2.0 with beta just on the horizon. At least getting some information, adverts or teasers into gaming mags and sites would be good I would think. Help combat that 1.0 hate
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Delsus Highwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahZerrshia View Post
    SE is notorious for its lack of marketing, esp on the non-jp side. Its like that for most FF games. They get big spreads in magazine, commercials (1.0 even had a live action one), events, etc etc but outside Japan there are only trickles and maybe something here or there. Even the forums are like this, for every 20 jp dev posts there are 3 english and 1 german.

While it would be wonderful to see more advertising for ARR in general, much less the ps3 version. Unless SE marketing dept and execs take the plunge and decide it would be wise to do more international marketing its highly doubtful we will see much.

And with 1.0 being so negatively recieved Im surprised they havent done more promotion for 2.0 with beta just on the horizon. At least getting some information, adverts or teasers into gaming mags and sites would be good I would think. Help combat that 1.0 hate
    I agree with this, let's take FFXI, I had no idea the game existed until WotG was out and a friend mentioned it (yes I did wonder what the gap was between FFX and FFXII but thought nothing of it.)

We need more ARR, advertisement for people who don't take the time to read everything about Final Fantasy.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast