Player
    Character
    Rane Farstrider
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by moriandrio View Post
    Really strange, 2 weeks locked out and got reply from customer service that this was intended and would need to wait till ARR.
    There really, really needs to be better communication between customer service and the rest of Square Enix. It seems like we often have a better idea than customer service of whether or not aspects of Final Fantasy XIV and its community-related content are working as intended. While customer service is likely very good at assisting customers with common problems, when something out of the ordinary occurs it seems like their job is to take the shortest route to "no" in order to get us off their back.

This is coming off as overly harsh toward the customer service team, so let me clarify that I think the problem is probably systemic rather than having anything to do with personnel. I get the feeling that customer service is sort of stranded on its own little island, and sometimes doesn't realize what's going on with the game, website, and forums. I assume that if a situation gets bad enough, a memo comes down to them from on high that says something like "A segment of the user base was unable to log in to the Final Fantasy XIV forums for a few days due to an internal error. It has been fixed now, so please instruct users to attempt to log in once again."

It shouldn't have to be that way. Customer service should be able to contact the development and management side when an unusual situation occurs, and they shouldn't be telling users that a situation is "intended" when they don't have enough information to make such a determination.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Delsus Highwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rane View Post
    There really, really needs to be better communication between customer service and the rest of Square Enix. It seems like we often have a better idea than customer service of whether or not aspects of Final Fantasy XIV and its community-related content are working as intended. While customer service is likely very good at assisting customers with common problems, when something out of the ordinary occurs it seems like their job is to take the shortest route to "no" in order to get us off their back.

This is coming off as overly harsh toward the customer service team, so let me clarify that I think the problem is probably systemic rather than having anything to do with personnel. I get the feeling that customer service is sort of stranded on its own little island, and sometimes doesn't realize what's going on with the game, website, and forums. I assume that if a situation gets bad enough, a memo comes down to them from on high that says something like "A segment of the user base was unable to log in to the Final Fantasy XIV forums for a few days due to an internal error. It has been fixed now, so please instruct users to attempt to log in once again."

It shouldn't have to be that way. Customer service should be able to contact the development and management side when an unusual situation occurs, and they shouldn't be telling users that a situation is "intended" when they don't have enough information to make such a determination.
    As I said earlier, I sent Bayhone a tweet when I got kicked out, with a screenshot, he replied "Thanks for the heads up! Looking into it" then a bit later, "Should be fixed now!"

I don't like sending queries about the game to the rep's twitter accounts, but didn't know what else I could do at the time (didn't think of the support site.)
    (4)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    yay I can log in again!

Still, why was there no comment from the NOC or a rep about this?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Dreams
    World
    Sephirot
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 88
    Quote Originally Posted by Delsus View Post
    As I said earlier, I sent Bayhone a tweet when I got kicked out, with a screenshot, he replied "Thanks for the heads up! Looking into it" then a bit later, "Should be fixed now!"

I don't like sending queries about the game to the rep's twitter accounts, but didn't know what else I could do at the time (didn't think of the support site.)
    Bayhone should have made a dev post to notify people to try to log in again. I only found out because someone posted a comment saying they were back in and many people are not watching this thread. I made a post in Rein's translation thread saying he was locked out and should be able to get back in so hopefully he saw that or the later posts in this thread or the blog comments, but he hasn't responded so I still don't know if he knows. Someone else in his thread didn't know until I said something. People really need to know. If Bay knows, he should be notifying people.

Edit: Rein has replied now but many others still probably don't know.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rane Farstrider
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Delsus View Post

That was a good idea. I thought about tweeting him as well, but just like you I felt bad bothering him with game-related problems on his personal Twitter. He shouldn't have to be the first point of contact for customer service related issues, but you're right: there wasn't much choice.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rane Farstrider
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by mbncd View Post
    Bayhone should have made a dev post to notify people to try to log in again. I only found out because someone posted a comment saying they were back in and many people are not watching this thread. I made a post in Rein's translation thread saying he was locked out and should be able to get back in so hopefully he saw that or the later posts in this thread or the blog comments, but he hasn't responded so I still don't know if he knows. Someone else in his thread didn't know until I said something. People really need to know. If Bay knows, he should be notifying people.

Edit: Rein has replied now but many others still probably don't know.
    It seems that this was fixed overnight while the U.S. reps were asleep. It's a little after 8AM Pacific time now, so I expect they'll post something later today.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Za'karn Riskbreaker
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    I love this team. They really pay attention to their players, even when all we do is bitch on the forums! Thanks for letting me back in.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Delsus Highwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rane View Post
    That was a good idea. I thought about tweeting him as well, but just like you I felt bad bothering him with game-related problems on his personal Twitter. He shouldn't have to be the first point of contact for customer service related issues, but you're right: there wasn't much choice.
    I know exactly what you mean, I can bet he doesn't want his personal account spammed with game related problems, but I had nowhere else to go. Perhaps SE should make Square_Enix_Support_EN/JP/FR/GR twitter accounts, that the community reps manage in shifts to avoid this.

I find official social media support accounts very useful, perhaps something to be looked into.
    (4)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    That's good and all, but why didn't he post on the forums about it to let all the people that don't use twitter know?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Delsus Highwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    That's good and all, but why didn't he post on the forums about it to let all the people that don't use twitter know?
    It was his personal account I tweeted, and my reply saying it was fixed was at 7am GMT, so it could have been late he found out it was fixed, and we all know the reps don't post outside office hours. 7am GMT is 11PM PST (USA offices are in LA) so it's highly likely it was fixed outside office hours.
    (3)

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast