Character
    Rau Berlioz
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90

Animation Lock: Why don't you like it?

topic.

I prefer Animation Lock for aesthetics in most cases, but I recall it being a problem for many in general.

I am curious to hear why it is seen as inferior to global cool downs, in terms of immersion/battle/etc.
    (9)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eemeefu View Post
    This thread is not a beautiful or unique snowflake.

Player
    Character
    Alegis Leqarna
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Ifrit and his cracks for example.
    If ur stuck in animation-lock, you dont get out of the cracks before they erupt. Thats one of the problems we had with it.
    (48)

Player
    Character
    Rau Berlioz
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alegis View Post
    If ur stuck in animation-lock, you dont get out of the cracks before they erupt. Thats one of the problems we had with it.

Doesn't that undermine the challenge of the fight?

As far as I understand that fight was plagued by tremendous amounts of lag, but as far as timing your attacks to properly avoid cracks, I think that mechanic was working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by KiriA500 View Post
    Global cooldowns and animation lock aren't the same thing at all...
    both of them are methods to prevent spamming skills in short periods of time. we are getting one in place of the other.
    (12)
    Last edited by Rau; 01-12-2013 at 06:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eemeefu View Post
    This thread is not a beautiful or unique snowflake.

Player
    Character
    Dragonheart Lux
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rau View Post
    Doesn't that undermine the challenge of the fight?

As far as I understand that fight was plagued by tremendous amounts of lag, but as far as timing your attacks to properly avoid cracks, I think that mechanic was working as intended.

both of them are methods to prevent spamming skills in short periods of time. we are getting one in place of the other.
    k bye.

(Bad designed game, now undermine challenge... lol)
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Rui Oran
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart View Post
    k bye.

(Bad designed game, now undermine challenge... lol)
    Excuses for being bad at an easy game. Even with the horrid lag and animation lock, nothing was really as difficult as it could have been.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Beatbox
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Yet you were able to activate skills while locked in an animation. Animation locking was just a flaw in game design which they couldn't easily fix...which is why we won't have it in the new version.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Austen Bloodspatter
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    you know what's good way to prevent spamming too? TP. if you could spam skills, you'd run out of TP within a few seconds, then you couldn't spam anymore. problem solved.
    GCD is probably just there so PS3 users who need to navigate skill bars, can stand a chance in PvP for example, or don't fall behind to much in DPS department in raids etc.
    Animation lock doesn't prevent skill spamming at all.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Radacci View Post
    you know what's good way to prevent spamming too? TP. if you could spam skills, you'd run out of TP within a few seconds, then you couldn't spam anymore. problem solved.
    GCD is probably just there so PS3 users who need to navigate skill bars, can stand a chance in PvP for example, or don't fall behind to much in DPS department in raids etc.
    You almost managed to make the cooldowns into a good thing. Almost.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I'll save you Yoshida!

/casts Raise

Quote Originally Posted by Alegis View Post
    Can't wait for the next excuse:

"Omg my shit was on GCD I couldn't do anything."

I didn't hate it, I only disliked the way the game handled animations in general, far too easy to kill the animations which glitches up your display at times due to the interface relying more on serverside than client.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kare Ruhts
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 57
    Quote Originally Posted by Radacci View Post
    Just pointing out that PS3 users in ARR won't be navigating skill bars like FFXIV 1.0 controller users. Below is screen shot from official site that show controller users just press a combination of controller buttons to perform a skill. This is very quick to do and is similar Tera's controller interface.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/news/a...nd-concept-art

The PS3 action bar provides a total of sixteen customizable slots. The left eight slots are accessed by holding the L2 button, and the right eight slots are accessed by holding the R2 button. These eight slots are then mapped to the controller's directional pad and the buttons.™™

In short, to use an action, players press a face button while holding a shoulder button.
    Up to eight different action bars can be configured for each class. Players cycle through action bars by holding down both the L2 and R2 buttons and pressing the directional buttons.
    (1)
    Last edited by Pseudopsia; 01-13-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast