Player
    Character
    Firon Veleth
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Klefth View Post
    ...Have I even been talking about "all games"? You seem to be the one trying to exaggerate what I've said. I did use the usage of it in other games as an example, but I was only referring to my opinion of it's removal in this one game. Now you're just trying hard to make me look bad.

I don't recall this happening to me on my BLM. O_o I could move around as soon as I hit a spell if I wanted. The thing is, it locked me from casting something else right away, but not from moving. The animation lock happened towards the end, when the casting animation went off.
    When your char raises its hand to start the spell you are locked down for a sec.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Beatbox
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    ...Have I even been talking about "all games"? You seem to be the one trying to exaggerate what I've said. I did use the usage of it in other games as an example, but I was only referring to my opinion of it's removal in this one game. Now you're just trying hard to make me look bad.
    You did that yourself by rolling Elezen.

(4)

Character
    Skye Windbinder
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 67
    But the thing of it is, how exactly am I trying to make you look bad? In my original post...

Quote Originally Posted by SkyeWindbinder View Post
    ^^THIS.

Geez, why is it that certain people insist that those didn't like that battle mechanic must want to remove any and all kinds of animation lock from any and all games? I mean, are they just exaggerating to try to make their own point look good? It's just... stupid. L2READ, for Twelve's sake!
    ...I never mentioned any specific names. You simply felt the need to respond yourself. And what you just posted about "making you look bad" tell me you assumed it was aimed at you, which also could easily lead one to assume you're one of the people that say those who didn't like the casting/ability lock mechanic wanted ALL animation lock removed form ALL games. If you weren't, you wouldn't have bothered to try to make my post all about you. Pro tip: Your paranoia tells on you.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Firon Veleth
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by KiriA500 View Post

I love that show. eps with the baby ducks karate chopping that dude in half is fkin funny.
    (0)

Character
    Skye Windbinder
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 67

LOL I need to find out if that's coming on today. That and Adventure Time are among my most favorite shows ever.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Klefth Reinhart
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Firon View Post
    When your char raises its hand to start the spell you are locked down for a sec.
    I don't remember that happening. What I remember locking me on place was when my character waved his hand when the spell was cast. Then it would lock me down until the spell animation was finished (which really made no sense; it was like my char was just standing there, staring at the pretty fireworks).

(2)
    Last edited by Klefth; 01-21-2013 at 03:48 AM.

Player
    /person does 15 hit combo while Ifrit is doing plumes..
    Does same on Garuda..
    "Omg why did I die, I hate animation lock"..
    /bashing my head into a wall..
    Seriously?

I got to the point with people in ffxiv, that before I even let them in my party to fight Ifrit/Garuda, I asked one question..
    "If you die in primals, why do you die?"
    If I hear "lag or animation lock kills me"
    If they gave me one of those excuses. They did not get in my PT. Period..
    Guess what.. We won, over and over and over..
    Animation lock is just an excuse, by people who can't learn to time things and get out of the way..
    Learn to pay attention and animation lock will not hurt you..
    It's part of the game and it works properly..
    That tiny pause when you actually cast the spell at the end, is when you actually cast it.. Expect to be stuck in place..
    It's common knowledge and easily avoidable, to those who actually try to avoid it..
    Usually those are the people who would rather win, than try to make excuses as to why they can't win..

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Sadly, it's true. There's a bit of asshole in all of us. >.>
    Wise man say..
    "It is better to be asshole, than whole ass.." :P
    (2)
    Last edited by Solace; 01-21-2013 at 04:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lord Derpington
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    i would die from lag not animation lock on Ifrit
    and i do agree with you that its part of the game
    for a mages the last party of your spell should have you stuck in position. you should have time to move before that
    now for meele on ifrit well ifrit was timing all around and if you messed up your died

I don't think animation lock should be taken away completly
    (1)

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29