Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    So how do I control my character properly in order to not ever get frozen in place when I use a spell or ability?

Yeah, that's right. There was no way. It has nothing to do with "controlling your character properly." Animation lock is not something you can prevent from happening with skillful play. It happens whether you're awesome or you suck.
    LEARN 2 PLAY ur character then, really is not that hard to know, 1 ws how many sec spend?, When to do it? best is after Ifrit unleashing his skill.

Timing, Precision, Execution. The very asset of what needed to do anything.
    (3)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    LEARN 2 PLAY ur character then, really is not that hard to know, 1 ws how many sec spend?, When to do it? best is after Ifrit unleashing his skill.
    I KNOW HOW TO PLAY MY CHARACTER! ANIMATION LOCK STILL HAS A NEGATIVE IMPACT ON GAMEPLAY!

You should not be frozen in place for several seconds while you watch an animation play! Any intelligent real person in real life would be able to run around while swinging their sword, and be able to run around after finishing their incantation for a magic spell! there is NO GOOD REASON to freeze the player in place for that long! NONE.

I am NOT posting this thread because Ifrit kicks my ass. Like most people here I've beaten him dozens and dozens of times. Stupid mechanics are stupid. Calling people unskilled because they don't like a badly designed system is just stupid.

Anim lock would absolutely RUIN PvP if it still existed. Fluid movement is an essential component of a good PvP system.

I can understand (whilst disagreeing with) people advocating animation lock because it improves immersion/the visual appeal of the game. I cannot for the life of me understand someone supporting it because they think it improves the gameplay.
    (6)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-14-2013 at 02:16 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I KNOW HOW TO PLAY MY CHARACTER! ANIMATION LOCK STILL HAS A NEGATIVE IMPACT ON GAMEPLAY!

You should not be frozen in place for several seconds while you watch an animation play! Any intelligent real person in real life would be able to run around while swinging their sword, and be able to run around after finishing their incantation for a magic spell! there is NO GOOD REASON to freeze the player in place for that long! NONE.

I am NOT posting this thread because Ifrit kicks my ass. Like most people here I've beaten him dozens and dozens of times. Stupid mechanics are stupid. Calling people unskilled because they don't like a badly designed system is just stupid.

Anim lock would absolutely RUIN PvP if it still existed. Fluid movement is an essential component of a good PvP system.

I can understand (whilst disagreeing with) people advocating animation lock because it improves immersion/the visual appeal of the game. I cannot for the life of me understand someone supporting it because they think it improves the gameplay.
    I cannot for the life of me understand someone supporting it because they think it improves the gameplay.
    Then for god sake you do not even understood the meaning of rotation speed animation, skill speed animation attack speed animation that have very large contribution to game play.

I do not ask for FFXIV to implement it back, and i do not hate if they take it out either.

Animation Lock do not ruin PVP in any way at all, See LoL, see HoN, see DOTA2 they have animation lock and they are still enjoyable, giving more challenge than any PvP games out there.

Is ok for me as long they do a good blending animation for FFXIV. But blaming the whole thing because of Animation Lock mechanisime just make you look bad and you should feel bad.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Klefth Reinhart
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Hey Alhanelem, are you sure all this ridiculous outcry of yours against animation lock isn't because you played (a crappy) BRD on almost everything? 'cause I played BRD quite a bit, too, and that was pretty much the only job in which animation lock was kind of a big deal, mostly because of Light Shot (which has already been fixed) and RoD's looong animation...

And by the way, I'm kind of curious now. Could you name me a few good examples of games without any sort of animation locks? That is, besides FPS and RTS games, where character animations don't even matter.
    (0)
    Last edited by Klefth; 01-14-2013 at 03:13 PM.

Player
    lol it baffles me how a handful of people are crying and demanding animation lock ..its like the reasons of overwhelming amount of suggestions to change the engine and make the game better thus why ARR will exist in the first place went right over their heads and they lack the ability of comprehension why all this is going on...
    (0)
    Last edited by Warlock; 01-14-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Player
    Character
    Rainbowdash Pegasus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 4
    Only in the FF community would people actually be arguing for something as game breaking as animation lock.

I am pretty sure Yoshi-P is smart enough not to listen to you people.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Sa'niquel Amrita
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    (9)

Masamune ♡ SGD ♡ Australia
    My DA / FFXIV SS Glamours - http://tinyurl.com/mvmdebr

Character
    Skye Windbinder
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 67
    Quote Originally Posted by Klefth View Post
    Hey Alhanelem, are you sure all this ridiculous outcry of yours against animation lock isn't because you played (a crappy) BRD on almost everything?

Yep. lol
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Klefth Reinhart
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyeWindbinder View Post

Yep. lol
    Ignore the rest of my post, will ya?
    (0)

Character
    Skye Windbinder
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 67
    Quote Originally Posted by Klefth View Post
    Ignore the rest of my post, will ya?
    I read the rest of your post. But your ad hominem pretty much took away most, if not all, of the credibility of your argument.
    (0)

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast