Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Hello everyone,

There seems to be some concerns and confusion surrounding Legacy members and the Beta Test sign ups so we'd like to clarify everything a bit more.

Legacy Members
    Legacy members will be able to participate in the Windows PC beta test from phase 1 without doing anything, regardless of whether or not you applied for the Beta. (Except for extremely rare cases where service accounts or Square Enix accounts were terminated)

Legacy Members & the PS3 Beta Test
    Even Legacy members will need to apply to become a PlayStation 3 beta tester. If you would like to participate in the PlayStation 3 Beta Test, we ask that you apply.

When applying, no matter what selection you make on the Beta Test application, your status for the Windows PC version will not be affected. More specifically, feel free to select either "PlayStation 3" or "Windows PC and PlayStation 3." (There is no difference between these options for Legacy members.)

FFXIII (PS3) Members Code
    Firstly, you do not need to have an FFXIII Members code to apply for the PS3 Beta Test. If you enter an FFXIII Members code, you will be given priority over those that do not. If you have one, we recommend that you enter it.

Selection for the PS3 version does not affect Windows PC version beta access. You will not lose access to the Windows PC version if you are selected for the PS3 version. It will be possible to play on both platforms with the same ID if selected.

Please also note that the PS3 beta will begin in phase 3, and this is when FFXIII Members code holders and those who wanted to try the PS3 beta in the past will be able to play.

On the "Beta Test Details and Requirements" page we asked that those that had previously entered their code to indicate it, but this has been removed from the English, French and German text as this is the first time the code is able to be entered.

"I don't remember my already registered FFXIII (PS3) Members code!" -- Added Jan. 16
    For NA players that registered their FFXIII (PS3) Members code to their Members account, we have created a way for the Members team to retrieve your code. Please follow the instructions in this post.

Beta Test Sign Up Links
    North America: http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/na
    Europe: http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/eu
    French: http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/fr
    Germany: http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/de
    Japan: http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/jp
    (52)
    Last edited by Bayohne; 01-17-2013 at 03:19 AM. Reason: New FAQ added
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Linkci Lunarpaw
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolteotl View Post
    I dunno, it's just strange where they put in the 2nd notification message. I mean if u registered the code the 1st time and that's all that matters and you don't have to apply, then why did they even put the 2nd message in there about entering the code again if u entered it in 1.0. The only variance between the two situation is where on the 1st message it includes that you Beta tested for the PC, so what about people who applied with the code but didnt Beta test the PC client. Cause it wasn't til around Beta Phase 3 when they said they were dropping the PS3 Beta for 1.0.
    In my opinion it can't hurt to reapply again. The only thing they can do is tell you, that you have already applied. As long as you use the same e-mail address that you used for your Square Enix account. If you use a different one the other account may get access to beta, and your ability to transfer your beta character over from the last phase of beta may be lost. Unless you start using the new account.

The code is there for people that bought the game later after patch 1.8 or 1.9. When they had removed the ability to add or change services for the code for the Square Enix Account Management site.
    https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account

Now they will have the ability to sign up for PS3 beta with their code.

Btw, for those of you that are worried if Square Enix recieved your beta application you should get an e-mail to the e-mail address you registered under as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test Operations Department
    * You have received this e-mail because of your application for the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test. If you believe you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it.
    ==========
    Thank you for applying to become a FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Tester.

Selection will be based on the answers submitted in the application, and only successful applicants will be notified. Acceptance notifications will be sent to the e-mail address submitted in the application.

* Selections will be made in each test phase, and the number of testers will be gradually increased.

━━━━━
    SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
    FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test Operations Team
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karbine Vashai
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Great clarification. This explains pretty much everything thank you!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lin Celistine
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Camate, I applied without knowing I did not need to do anything as a Legacy member. Is my position in jeopardy for doing so?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Pwna Graphic
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello everyone,

There seems to be some concerns and confusion surrounding Legacy members and the Beta Test sign ups so we'd like to clarify everything a bit more.

Legacy Members
    Legacy members will be able to participate in the Windows PC beta test from phase 1 without doing anything, regardless of whether or not you applied for the Beta. (Except for extremely rare cases where service accounts or Square Enix accounts were terminated)

Legacy Members & the PS3 Beta Test
    Even Legacy members will need to apply to become a PlayStation 3 beta tester. If you would like to participate in the PlayStation 3 Beta Test, we ask that you apply.

When applying, no matter what selection you make on the Beta Test application, your status for the Windows PC version will not be affected. More specifically, feel free to select either "PlayStation 3" or "Windows PC and PlayStation 3." (There is no difference between these options for Legacy members.)

FFXIII (PS3) Members Code
    Firstly, you do not need to have an FFXIII Members code to apply for the PS3 Beta Test. If you enter an FFXIII Members code, you will be given priority over those that do not. If you have one, we recommend that you enter it.

Selection for the PS3 version does not affect Windows PC version beta access. You will not lose access to the Windows PC version if you are selected for the PS3 version. It will be possible to play on both platforms with the same ID if selected.

Please also note that the PS3 beta will begin in phase 3, and this is when FFXIII Members code holders and those who wanted to try the PS3 beta in the past will be able to play.

On the "Beta Test Details and Requirements" page we asked that those that had previously entered their code to indicate it, but this has been removed from the English, French and German text as this is the first time the code is able to be entered.

Beta Test Sign Up Links
    North America: http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/na
    Europe: http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/eu
    French: http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/fr
    Germany: http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/de
    Japan: http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/jp
    What about people who entered their members code 3 years ago into their SE accounts? lol
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Exocryst Lebreska
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrist View Post
    Camate, I applied without knowing I did not need to do anything as a Legacy member. Is my position in jeopardy for doing so?
    I'm guessing you're safe
    (1)
    <--Giver of yarns, not the giver of darns :3
    Follow me on Twitter @Antanias_

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrist View Post
    that was answered directly

Legacy Members
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Snurble snurble

burble burble le le snurb snurb

snurbidy snurb
    THEY'RE ALIVE!!!!!!!

Still waiting for my snurble mount announcement.. :P

Or necro our threads. . . XD

(Thanks for clarification, I'd hate to accidently cancel my legacy beta invite because I signed up for both lol)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Takeshi Eiketsu
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Actually, technically its not the first time, because I had to enter it to get my Asuran Armbands...so I figured that once I entered it for that, it was tagged as being active on my account, so I threw mine away...What now?! >.>

Edit: I can actually see where it was activated in my service account
    Edit2: here is a pic
    (0)
    Last edited by Takeshi_Eiketsu; 01-09-2013 at 08:26 AM.

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Oh well. Even though I applied for the PS3 beta back in version 1.0 using my XIII code, I guess I'll apply again anyway to be doubly sure now.

Now where did I put that code...

/rumages through email inbox

Ah, there it is, dated 14th June 2010. Man, it has been a long time.
    (0)

11. 01-09-2013 09:01 AM

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast