Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Mariko Aeiouk
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 50

Miqo'te Character Creation (Viera Tribes)

Didn't see any other post about the character creators and I didn't want this to get lost in the "New Race" type of ideas. But I really got to thinking since a lot of people wanted Viera (not really a big fan but whatever), what if it were just another option in the Miqo'te character creation process of ear/tail length? It wouldn't be hard to add something like this into the Lore of the game since Eorzea is just a small part of the world, could even be another tribe somewhere that are born with longer ears and their rituals involve optional circumcision of the tail.

Some people are going to say Viera aren't Miqo'te but, Miqo'te aren't exactly Mithra now are they. I'm not saying that this is an answer or something we'd see at the beginning of 2.0 (or at all) but maybe around when they did decide to add a new race, because to tell the truth I'd be a little displeased if Viera was a whole new race in it's own because that's all I would see it as, a Miqo'te with long-ears. As for armors only thing I really see would be slightly different head designs for some of the pieces.

So to get to real question, mainly for the Viera fanboys out there:
    How would you feel if they snuck this into the character creator making them another Miqo'te tribe? Anger? Or can you dig it?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Etoile Kallera
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    No, miqote are not some placeholder for all anthropomorphic furry people where evolution is magic.
    (24)

Quote Originally Posted by Kallera View Post
    No, miqote are not some placeholder for all anthropomorphic furry people where evolution explains everything.
    Actually...this is perfect solution. It imitates the viera AND saves a character slot for a REAL race addition.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Valarie Glitterbits
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Make them a new race or leave them out. Reguardless of similarities, Viera and Miqo'te are two different races. A rabbit tribe of cat people? huh!?
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Aqu'a Fantasia
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I think Yoshi already said "No Viera!" because the male versions would be strange/difficult to do.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Etoile Kallera
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Actually...this is perfect solution. It imitates the viera AND saves a character slot for a REAL race addition.
    And the bunny tails and long lifespans? Because viera fans will want more than just an offshoot.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Einsof Zeb
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Rather not have pseudo races myself. Let's give Roes dark green skin, huge chompers and then call them lizard men...Nah.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Mariko Aeiouk
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallera View Post
    And the bunny tails and long lifespans? Because viera fans will want more than just an offshoot.
    No matter what they do Viera won't be Viera, they'll have their own Lore and doesn't have to match Viera Lore because for the same reason this isn't Vana'diel it isn't Ivalice, it's Hydaelyn.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Etoile Kallera
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Majoga View Post
    No matter what they do Viera won't be Viera, they'll have their own Lore and doesn't have to match Viera Lore because for the same reason this isn't Vana'diel it isn't Ivalice, it's Hydaelyn.
    Then why taunt the whole thing with "viera" skins?
    (3)

Player
    Eorzea―Gridania(Wutai) Vana'diel―Bastok(Lakshmi)
    Character
    Kohana Iroha
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasia View Post
    I think Yoshi already said "No Viera!" because the male versions would be strange/difficult to do.
    Eehh, what's up 'doc?
    You calling Bugs Bunny "strange"? buddy?

Why I do believe this means war...!

or not
    (2)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast