Character
    Prince Nuada
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilhem View Post
    his name is SOKEN not soren Lol
    Awww crap... thx for catching that Vilhem. Whatever it takes, never EVER let him see that I mispelt his name or I'll be kicked out of the kneesocks club... (corrected my typo btw)
    (0)
    Last edited by Ramesses; 01-15-2013 at 04:25 PM.
    "After ten years, finally headed to Sharlayan... absolutely stoked"

Player
    Character
    Ricky Dood
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    http://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog new music for LL it would appear
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vilhem Dijkstra
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I'm kind of on the fence here tbh. I thought if anything, at LEAST Limsa's music worked perfectly for the zone, but it seems even that is being changed.

It's not that I don't appreciate Soken's writing style, but most of it starts sounding the same after awhile. :/ I have to wonder why they thought changing the music would be a good idea.
    (2)
    Meow

Player
    Character
    James Ruglia
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I liked Limsa Lominsa's music, and it always struck me as a very "FF14-ish" song. You know, one of the first songs that comes to mind if the topic of FF14's music came up. I also really, really like Twilight over Thanalan.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aqu'a Fantasia
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    ALL of the music that Nobuo produced -is- being replaced by music Soken made. So, for example, the music for Garuda/Moogle fights will remain, since they were made by Soken, but the towns' are being adapted.

Elements of the old themes will be present; Soken has worked parts of the original Gridania score into the new music. Also there're going to be lots more new songs, since it was decided that every town would have different music depending on the time of the day, as well as the weather.

Please look forward to it! (I know I am).

Quote Originally Posted by hrdndv View Post
    I think they mentioned having jukeboxes in the houses so you can listen to whatever you want.
    ^ This. If there's anything in particular you miss, you can always re-listen to it... I prefer the new music, it has a lot more depth and character.

I actually had a conversation about the music with a friend 2 nights back. I LOVED Nobuo throughout the series, but with the exception of Twilight Over Thanalan, the battle music, and Answers, I was pretty disappointed with 1.0. I like Soken, Moogle/Garuda/Darnus are incredible themes and I can't wait to see what amazing things he comes up with for other bosses.

EDIT: And you have to admit, even though Soken knew that the Nael Van Darnus battle music was temporary and probably wouldn't be heard again after the 2 months or so it was active, he put so much effort into it and didn't slack. That's the kind of devotion that I love about the ARR team.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fantasia; 03-13-2013 at 07:07 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3