Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    In general I think this is achieved well enough through video streaming. I certainly wouldn't complain if such a feature was added, however.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Maybe for PVP is best to do for only Replays... Only able to spectate if it's tournament or something... :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Max Wind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Any spectator mode in any type of competitive PvP type game would have to be on delay if they don't want cheating. Say if you were playing a capture the flag battleground. You could have your friend on Vent spectate the game and tell you where the other teams flag carrier is or call out what the other team is doing or where they are located.

People complain a lot about WoW not having this for their PvP arenas and battlegrounds, but the main reason Blizzard doesn't do this is because people would cheat with it if it was real time. They said something along the lines of they didn't want to do the delay thing because it would be a lot of work to program record save everything that happens then replay it at a later time and they just didn't want to do it.
    It doesn't have to be recorded... my thought of this mode was under the assumption it was live...

Quote Originally Posted by Seirra_Lanzce View Post
    Maybe for PVP is best to do for only Replays... Only able to spectate if it's tournament or something... :P
    hmm a last hit instant replay would be cool... but I would assume the majority of spectator mode would be for the live experience... It would add an almost unheard of experience in MMO's, the "I was there" experience... For example, if you watched the first tournament you could say "I was there when the first first tournament king was crowned"... Although that is miniscule in comparison to the teaching application and amusement application of this mode...
    (0)
    Last edited by Kirito; 01-11-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Wasn't going to translate OP but got one comment from Rep on JP side today about this so I translated the OP and posted it on the JP thread.

http://goo.gl/iiF3r

I don't agree with all the stuff that's in the OP's list but I do believe this will be good system to have for those that couldn't make the spot. I know how it was running Dynamis and HNMLS for 8 years in XI lol.

For you guys wanting this to be pushed through, I suggest pushing like on that translated one so the JP rep can see how serious you guys are.
    (1)
    Last edited by Reinheart; 01-12-2013 at 02:39 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kare Ruhts
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 57
    Thank you Reinheart. You're awesome!!!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tryst Wildkey
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudopsia View Post
    Thank you Reinheart. You're awesome!!!
    I agree! Reinheart, you are spectacular!!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinheart View Post
    Wasn't going to translate OP but got one comment from Rep on JP side today about this so I translated the OP and posted it on the JP thread.

http://goo.gl/iiF3r

I don't agree with all the stuff that's in the OP's list but I do believe this will be good system to have for those that couldn't make the spot. I know how it was running Dynamis and HNMLS for 8 years in XI lol.

For you guys wanting this to be pushed through, I suggest pushing like on that translated one so the JP rep can see how serious you guys are.

Just curious, but have you previously moved EN posts to JP? Keep us updated XD I'm interested in what they will say about us - we are so damn chatty and maybe that has gained us fame (negative or positive).

Just an aside to the OP ideas, though far less feasible*, I thought SE saving server side replays of the fastest runs / perfect runs (if the party allows their run to be archived) would be very cool. Then you could easier learn from players, or just know how it was done. Also comes with bragging rights, proof, and encouragement to redo content even though there would be little other reason (guild trying to spotlight).

* OP's is a spectator mode, what I'm saying is more of a replay. Replays need to be saved server side to make learning how the server behaves harder (you can learn the requests easier if its all neatly logged in an offline file). Being only a few saved replays it wont be much of a strain for SE but it would still require a different kind of code, perhaps their cutscenes code can be used to get a leg up on it..

If they can compress the replay data then it wouldn't be so hard to allow all players to save a few replays to the server. Still, more code - down the road feature maybe..
    (0)
    Last edited by Shougun; 01-12-2013 at 07:52 AM.

Community Rep

Spectators

I see you guys want to be able to spectate events such as raids! While we are currently looking into making this possible for coliseum events, so those that are not brawling can watch on and cheer, we do not have any plans to introduce this for battle content such as raids. The main reason is that we believe some players do not want to be watched by others as they play, and also there is possibility that unwanted videos or screenshots crop up.
    (60)
    Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Max Wind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I see you guys want to be able to spectate events such as raids! While we are currently looking into making this possible for coliseum events, so those that are not brawling can watch on and cheer, we do not have any plans to introduce this for battle content such as raids. The main reason is that we believe some players do not want to be watched by others as they play, and also there is possibility that unwanted videos or screenshots crop up.
    I see thanks for responding... while that can be resolved by prompting a confirmation for spectator mode by all the players in the party I can see why this could be a problem if someone pressed yes in the confirmation by accident or was made to press yes by the party...

And at least we still get coliseum spectator mode... I hope they would have an option so you can view it as if your watching from the seats in the coliseum...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Astraea Moonsong
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I support this. I don't want to be watched by people I don't know while in dungeons.
    (10)

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast