Player
    Character
    Killey Prime
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

ARR class progression

It's interesting to see how leveling multiple classes is going to work in 2.0 seeing as how the game is transitioning from a mob-grind based progression system to a quest-based system. For example, you go through an entire series of quests to level one job from 1-50, then switch to another class, are all quests that have already been completed from your first play through gone for good or do you think they'll be repeatable? I know there are other forms of exp I.E. leves, dungeons, and FATE's (if those even yield exp.), but even then there's only so many of the same leves and dungeons you can do before the monotony hits. At some point there will be no more quests for you to level a new class off of, and I'm just wondering "what then?", so if any of you have an opinion on the matter I'd love to hear your take on it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    From what has been said, apparently there are going to be enough quests for you to level all your classes from 1-50... But I'm honestly not sure who wants to quest grind so many classes like that, so most people will mix in questing, leves, FATE and party/dungeon xp.

I like the way they're setting it up, totally beats the leve or pt grind onry xp!
    (4)

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    You still get exp from killing monsters (but reduced), and there are leve's / FATES / EXP Dungeons / Dungeons / tons of quests whatever that new behesty hamlet thing is called (not the fate, thought it was something else Yoshida mentioned in an interview).

I'm hoping they don't try to solve all of leveling up on quests, I'm worried it may lead to some unimaginative quest - would prefer to see some unique quests with interesting elements (can have lots of quests and unique quests intermixed, just hope they don't give up the later for the first).
    (1)

4. 01-11-2013 03:08 PM

Player
    Character
    Killey Prime
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    From what has been said, apparently there are going to be enough quests for you to level all your classes from 1-50... But I'm honestly not sure who wants to quest grind so many classes like that, so most people will mix in questing, leves, FATE and party/dungeon xp.

I like the way they're setting it up, totally beats the leve or pt grind onry xp!
    Having enough quests to level 8 classes seems a bit ridiculous (not counting class-specific quests), though it makes sense to do it that way, but it would seem like just keeping track of what areas you've cleared the quests in and where you've still got quests at in higher levels would be a bit of a hassle. I agree though, mixing in all the additional exp generating content alongside questing will be pretty vital to not burning yourself out. And it remains to be seen what else SE has in store for progression when beta hits. Have to give them props though, it can't be easy making sure that you have enough content to keep both new players and players with multiple 50's occupied with at launch
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Altena Trife
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    I don't think the sidequests around the towns are repeatable, however do remember that there are 3 different cities, each with small towns (like Hyrstmill, Aleport, Golden Bazaar etc), along with the sidequests around the camps as seen in the videos, not to mention the few small towns in Coerthas if they keep those as well.. So there are plenty of sidequests for EXP I feel, if not it wouldn't be hard to implement a few more I am sure..

Plus as mentioned there are other forms of EXP, but the biggest note I will make are Dungeons.. From my understanding there are going to be dungeons for every 10 or so levels (a couple that have been confirmed in Black Shroud), along with the presumption that there are a few in the other zones (La'Nosca / Thanalan).. I am pretty certain that there will be an ample number of ways to EXP, even just levelling in dungeons alone. Mix that with leve's, sidequests, FATE.. I think the number of options alone is a huge improvement.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by GatoGrotto View Post
    Having enough quests to level 8 classes seems a bit ridiculous (not counting class-specific quests), though it makes sense to do it that way, but it would seem like just keeping track of what areas you've cleared the quests in and where you've still got quests at in higher levels would be a bit of a hassle. I agree though, mixing in all the additional exp generating content alongside questing will be pretty vital to not burning yourself out. And it remains to be seen what else SE has in store for progression when beta hits. Have to give them props though, it can't be easy making sure that you have enough content to keep both new players and players with multiple 50's occupied with at launch
    Haha I agree, it would be /very/ hard to keep track of so many quests! I do not mind though... I am a quest-a-holic! D: That being said, having the option to switch it up a bit will be really fun, I hate feeling pinned down to one or two meager options
    (2)

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

Player
    Character
    Ernest Hemmingway
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    To an extent I hope they also add/keep 'some' party mechanics from ffxi to help with EXP leveling. There's nothing better than a full party camped in the right place, working together like a well oiled machine, each of you knowing that you're all playing your part perfectly.

It's magic when it comes together like that.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Austen Bloodspatter
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    I don't think it will be much difference from 1.0 really...There was lots of quests there too, and you could always do leves if you ran out of quests anyways.
    you don't need to spam all quests constantly anyways, you can grind a little bit now and then, so you don't end up with a *no choice but to grind* later. you might wanna grind mobs for mats anyways.
    i plan to go on global grind fest, make drop table So as long as you feel there's a purpose to grinding, aside just from boring repetitiveness, and being forced to do it; grinding isn't so bad. And the sooner you do all the grinding, the more you can safely return to questing, when the grinding gets annoying.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by GatoGrotto View Post
    It's interesting to see how leveling multiple classes is going to work in 2.0 seeing as how the game is transitioning from a mob-grind based progression system to a quest-based system. For example, you go through an entire series of quests to level one job from 1-50, then switch to another class, are all quests that have already been completed from your first play through gone for good or do you think they'll be repeatable?
    They are not repeatable. Simple solution, don't do all quests with only one class ^^
    SE bring new sidequests with every big update. And there are still other contents which give exp.
    (1)

Player

There will not be enough quest to take all your classes to 50.

You can still do leves..
    You can still kill mobs..
    (2)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast