Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Max Wind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    We can also add spectator mode to colosseum for the same reasons as above... It can be also be a really good show if they offer a once a month competition via the colosseum...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    This thread should really get the Dev's attention. Is a spectacular idea and it will be the first MMORPG to use it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kare Ruhts
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 57
    I'm pretty sure the forum moderators will notice with all the likes, but can't really say anything till they get response from HQ. Would be nice if they acknowledged it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zehira Korrigan
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudopsia View Post
    I'm pretty sure the forum moderators will notice with all the likes, but can't really say anything till they get response from HQ. Would be nice if they acknowledged it.
    I want everyone to watch you and me fighting in PvP so that's what RPG is for. lol :P

I am sure Yoshi-P also read this forum.

Wait, Dota 2 already have it?
    (0)
    Last edited by Zehira; 01-10-2013 at 12:02 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kare Ruhts
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 57
    I want everyone see me defeat a King behemoth wearing only a bikini and a silver Tricorn... no wait...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    I want everyone to watch you and me fighting in PvP so that's what RPG is for. lol :P

I am sure Yoshi-P also read this forum.

Wait, Dota 2 already have it?
    Yes, DOTA 2 has it, but is not MMO, nor a RPG, but is called MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Max Wind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    Really I would be happy with any form of spectator mode for arena, but I would prefer an option for third person mode that is like you are watching it from the front row on the arena seating, without any unnecessary wall blocking a small part of your view...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Any spectator mode in any type of competitive PvP type game would have to be on delay if they don't want cheating. Say if you were playing a capture the flag battleground. You could have your friend on Vent spectate the game and tell you where the other teams flag carrier is or call out what the other team is doing or where they are located.

People complain a lot about WoW not having this for their PvP arenas and battlegrounds, but the main reason Blizzard doesn't do this is because people would cheat with it if it was real time. They said something along the lines of they didn't want to do the delay thing because it would be a lot of work to program record save everything that happens then replay it at a later time and they just didn't want to do it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Exn Phenix
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    They said something along the lines of they didn't want to do the delay thing because it would be a lot of work to program record save everything that happens then replay it at a later time and they just didn't want to do it.
    I hope SE doesn't pass on this because of that. I can completely understand not making it a focus for launch if they feel they already have too much on the table BUT this idea should become a priority ASAP. ARR having a spectator system would be a pretty HUGE selling/marketing point when comparing it to current MMOs, and probably even upcoming ones.

That 'X-factor' that SE needs for ARR to be a huge success.. yeah, this could definitely provide some of that.

Bayohne.. I see you lurking around.. come on tell us what Yoshi saiiiiddd plzzzzzzzzz!!!!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Any spectator mode in any type of competitive PvP type game would have to be on delay if they don't want cheating. Say if you were playing a capture the flag battleground. You could have your friend on Vent spectate the game and tell you where the other teams flag carrier is or call out what the other team is doing or where they are located.

People complain a lot about WoW not having this for their PvP arenas and battlegrounds, but the main reason Blizzard doesn't do this is because people would cheat with it if it was real time. They said something along the lines of they didn't want to do the delay thing because it would be a lot of work to program record save everything that happens then replay it at a later time and they just didn't want to do it.
    True for normal everyday PvP cases.

Maybe PvP can do another way around or something. like only able to see from a spot or something.
    (0)

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast