Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Xeroeth Silvergaze
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    There are some cons about this idea, but generally +1 from me on this. However there should be an option to set if that particular instance is public or private (in a case you don't want to show ur secret tactics ...).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Exn Phenix
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I see you guys want to be able to spectate events such as raids! While we are currently looking into making this possible for coliseum events, so those that are not brawling can watch on and cheer, we do not have any plans to introduce this for battle content such as raids. The main reason is that we believe some players do not want to be watched by others as they play, and also there is possibility that unwanted videos or screenshots crop up.
    Disappointing. It's nothing special to be able to spectate a "Coliseum"-type event. That's generally the point of that type of event anyway.. why else call it a coliseum? Much like Pankration in XI had a spectating option, in which interest died out quickly...

It was a chance for ARR to stand out against competition and future MMOs who wouldn't want to take on whatever challenges were associated with bringing a spectator mode to a wider option of endgame and PVP content. Saying the main reason for not even attempting it is 'you all don't believe some players want to be watched by others as they play' is quite a trivial response. Especially as many suggestions have already incorporated a solution to that by simply having a prompt to the party leader or vote by party members.. not to mention I'm sure SE could come up with their own ideas... if they wanted too.. Or what about the players that DO want to be watched as they play... Nah, I guess SE would rather just continue sticking to the norm.. Good luck with that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nem Nem
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    I really like the idea of spectators, and the arena viewing will be really awesome.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Issachar View Post
    I support this. I don't want to be watched by people I don't know while in dungeons.
    JP thread also has same comments as yours. To this my suggestion was what if at any time if one person doesn't want to be watched like yourself have a option in the PT search which once set, it stays that way until changed again. If you set the spectator mode to 'NO' even if you're not the PT leader, it won't allow spectator mode to happen.

The main purpose I see in this spectator mode is mainly for Free Companies or Linkshell members cheering other members who were able to go in + to learn/teach strategies from spectators side.

As for the unwanted video's and screenshots crop up... comment by the reps... I'm sorry but we already got people recording although not legal using 3rd party apps and posting up on youtube and other sites. Even if you do or don't have spectator mode... those players will still be recording, taking screenshots. So I don't think that's a valid point to bring up. JP players response is similar to mine on this one as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
    I see thanks for responding... while that can be resolved by prompting a confirmation for spectator mode by all the players in the party I can see why this could be a problem if someone pressed yes in the confirmation by accident or was made to press yes by the party...

And at least we still get coliseum spectator mode... I hope they would have an option so you can view it as if your watching from the seats in the coliseum...
    I can see this. Combine this with someone's idea to give an achievement for rapidly slaying Primals.

Could you imagine what would happen if someone was near the end of their spree, which they were having an outsider film, and one of the newer members made a mistake that broke the chain? That video would end up on youtube and that player would be the laughing stock of the whole realm. Remember the forums on KillingIfrit where people would warn each other of erroneous players? It'd be like that.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I'll save you Yoshida!

/casts Raise

Player
    Character
    Exn Phenix
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrusama View Post
    Could you imagine what would happen if someone was near the end of their spree, which they were having an outsider film, and one of the newer members made a mistake that broke the chain? That video would end up on youtube and that player would be the laughing stock of the whole realm. Remember the forums on KillingIfrit where people would warn each other of erroneous players? It'd be like that.
    So.. Like what?? Every other day in MMO history....?

Who hasn't made a mistake before... heck, I usually treasure the vids where I'm caught messing up or doing sumthing crazy cause I stop paying attention for a second, they are always the funniest.

And btw, whether or not there is a spectator mode, has nothing to do with whether or not people post videos on youtube, which also has nothing to do with the people that *try* to put other people down for messing up, which also has nothing to do with the fact that you shouldn't be giving any ppl like that your attention in the first place..
    (0)
    Last edited by Exn; 01-14-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Reading JP side of the thread, there are people saying they don't want this feature as they don't want to be seen.
    Others mentioned like this threads suggestion where this is just an option but as some of those JP players don't want to feel that it's their fault that the PT can't be seen by others, and if they did allow the PT to have spectators they would feel bad afterwards. I'm telling you guys like the other examine thread, it's difference in culture that makes different players from different regions see stuff differently. Personally I don't understand why they are playing MMO in first place if they don't want to be seen... but I guess that's their play style so I can't say much about it, not like it's going to change their views of the game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinheart View Post
    Reading JP side of the thread, there are people saying they don't want this feature as they don't want to be seen.
    Others mentioned like this threads suggestion where this is just an option but as some of those JP players don't want to feel that it's their fault that the PT can't be seen by others, and if they did allow the PT to have spectators they would feel bad afterwards. I'm telling you guys like the other examine thread, it's difference in culture that makes different players from different regions see stuff differently. Personally I don't understand why they are playing MMO in first place if they don't want to be seen... but I guess that's their play style so I can't say much about it, not like it's going to change their views of the game.
    orz, then is just really sad to hear that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sakasa Kuro
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 58
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinheart View Post
    So the players that don't want to be seen don't want to effect players that do want to be seen. I don't think its so much cultural in that aspect as it is human consideration for another. Its the same principal of since I can help only one person helping no one is more fair. So removing the decision altogether by not having the system displaces any fault away from any player and on the game/design itself.

But I am glad that there is a unanimous understanding of why the idea is good on both sides of the sea even is there is opposition on both sides as well. Is there a German and French counter part thread as well?
    (0)
    Mitsuda Yasunori + Soken Masayoshi Track Collaboration 2015! <The Dream>

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakasa View Post
    So the players that don't want to be seen don't want to effect players that do want to be seen. I don't think its so much cultural in that aspect as it is human consideration for another. Its the same principal of since I can help only one person helping no one is more fair. So removing the decision altogether by not having the system displaces any fault away from any player and on the game/design itself.

But I am glad that there is a unanimous understanding of why the idea is good on both sides of the sea even is there is opposition on both sides as well. Is there a German and French counter part thread as well?
    /nod only thing I don't understand is some suggested what if the system didn't mention who doesn't want the spectator mode on. Say one person in PT has a setting that they don't want spectator on, then before entering the instance, or dungeon that it just shows message saying spectator mode cannot be turned on due to anonymous person not wanting the feature on. It will keep their names hidden.
    (1)

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast