Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Inura Bera
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I haven't really followed the thread, however I am surprised that there would be the possibility of watching Coliseum events...if that comes to be a reality, that would be really impressive, particularly if just anyone can join in to watch. Not sure how the rating system would allow it (PEGI/ESRB) but would be great to be able to bet on people too!

For dungeons I can understand how people might not want to be watched, however would be nice to be able to actively invite only those you wanted to watch it, rather than it being free for all viewing.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Khazar Karnak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I see you guys want to be able to spectate events such as raids! While we are currently looking into making this possible for coliseum events, so those that are not brawling can watch on and cheer, we do not have any plans to introduce this for battle content such as raids. The main reason is that we believe some players do not want to be watched by others as they play, and also there is possibility that unwanted videos or screenshots crop up.
    Otherwise devs are trying to make possible to spectate Colisseum PvP and they guess there players may want that others publish videos or screenshots or watch them eating the floor? funny.

Anyways what i want to say is, it shouldnt be so hard to add the content finder a tool like a check mark or something like that to make spectator mode available to public or not if the party or the party leader decide it because they agree with it. Or make it via invite like the above poster said.

The problems are not so hard when you look for a solution.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kare Ruhts
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 57
    The default option I stated in OP was spectator has to request to spectate. Auto invite has to be turned on manually. Think moderator pretty much repeating response to similar Japanese post. Videos already popup anyways, there are a lot of people using fraps that don't ask permission as they are playing. Anyways sounds like they don't want to do it so, I won't push too hard.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Grimm Grandiron
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Please consider prompting the player with an option to toggle a Spectator mode.

I think those that dislike being spectated have valid concerns, but it would be a shame to skimp out on such a great idea.
    (0)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I see you guys want to be able to spectate events such as raids! While we are currently looking into making this possible for coliseum events, so those that are not brawling can watch on and cheer, we do not have any plans to introduce this for battle content such as raids. The main reason is that we believe some players do not want to be watched by others as they play, and also there is possibility that unwanted videos or screenshots crop up.
    i can understand those concerns, but you make spectator mode something that is enabled by the participants. People can only watch if the group is okay with it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    Just curious, but have you previously moved EN posts to JP? Keep us updated XD I'm interested in what they will say about us - we are so damn chatty and maybe that has gained us fame (negative or positive).
    Couple of times. Translated this big one once, had major attention in all region forums and JP side didn't have one so I took part in help translating it in Japanese for JP players to see, which turned out very well. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...82%A2%E3%81%A7
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Hmmm i was expecting something more good response! Please Rukkirii, tell them about the features we propose!

Spectator mode should be enabled in the consent of party members.
    (1)

Character
    Honey Boy
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamdeo View Post
    Please consider prompting the player with an option to toggle a Spectator mode.

I think those that dislike being spectated have valid concerns, but it would be a shame to skimp out on such a great idea.
    I think the main problem would be players in the grp or grp leader pressuring everyone to allow spectators watch when some people just wont feel comfortable. I def know people who tend to do worse when someone is watching them play a game. I def like the idea for like the core raid grps of a LS/FC to go in and the rest of the LS/FC could spectate to see how its done.

If anything just make it a ?/? vote system and dont have the system inform who declined the vote. It is truly unfair for those that dont want to worry about that stuff.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rath Skybreaker
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 88
    What if you made it so only people in your free company could spectate? Idk if this was already said, but I know in some cases it could be used to teach people who want to do the fight, how to do it by following their guild-mates through the content. To me this would resolve the whole being looked upon by strangers problem, and turn it into a learning mechanic for teaching new players. Though I doubt that would ever replace actually taking them in and carrying them, so in the end I think it would be sort of superfluous. Cool idea though.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Temisu Namisu
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Spectating definitely needs to be their for PvP seeing as it's a coliseum and allowing onlookers is a given requirement.

As for spectating in a dungeon, I think it kind of depends on what the purpose of it was. I'd be up for it being linkshell/free company restricted for the purpose of teaching, or for the spectators to do some video recording. It's a big thing currently to do video demonstrations and let's plays and this adds an feature that relates to that. By setting it up as a linkshell/FC only idea, it can be defined in that particular groups guidelines that they do allow spectating during raids and that joining them is subject to your agreeing, as is the case for joining any group. If you don't agree with their politics, you don't join them.

The biggest problem that may arise in this case, in my opinion, is a group gaining an unfair advantage over others because they have more eyes and minds available for a given content. With a free roam camera (even one that is restricted to the room that the party leader is in), it lets spectators provide feedback about things that are going on around the party. Said party maybe be focussing on the current battle, and some may miss certain things happening, but Spectator 1 sees it and informs the party. It shifts the balance. They aren't a natural part of the design of the event. With PvP this is somewhat different, simply because it is player versus player, and not player versus the system.

For public groups, it either needs to be a unanimous vote to have spectating or disallowed completely. The problem is, as others have pointed out, that some people may not feel comfortable with being watched, and similarly, may not be comfortable with the idea of maybe having to vote for this being enabled. And we all know how bad auto-translate has been up to now at communicating intentions. If a person doesn't understand the intention and is then required to make a decision which may or may not end up with them being removed from the party, then you end up with a negative situation because the party leader at the time really wants to be watched.

With the content finder, this isn't as much of an issue because you have make it clear through the system what the intentions of the party is. If shout groups aren't something that's going to be the norm and that the finder can be used as the better alternative (such that it makes it very clear what you want to achieve like desired party members, particular loot rules wherever that may apply), then it reduces the potential for problems.

Private group spectating, I support assuming it doesn't interfere with the design of the raids. How much is restricted should be monitored and adjusted as necessary. It's difficult to assess completely without first trying it out.

With public groups, however, a decision to implement it needs to take into consideration the whole population not just a select group of people even with the proposed features such as voting and not displaying the results. It needs to have a lot more data collected from players who come into the game at and following official launch.
    (2)

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast