Player
    Character
    Adorra Eloom
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkurrra View Post
    What is this "Hunting Log" you speak of?
    I would love them if they had some sort of Beastiary library. It can be empty at first and will fill out with information as you encounter mobs/NM's. So that you can look up information about them later.

As you fight them and do certain attacks on them the stats on the results from it will populate in the log. In the end you should have a very detailed log.
    They said on their road map found here: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...er/index2.html that beta phase one will implement Hunting Log, but that is pretty much all that is said about it. It very well could be a mob information log with mobs you encountered, with details as to what they drop, their weaknesses, HP, MP, magic and so on. I'm still hoping myself its some kind of NM event XD
    (1)

It's stated to be a Bestiary as that's what they were already hinting at wanting to implement prior to Alpha even beginning. It won't be a "Go out and kill x NM" like it was in XI or XII since that's already essentially what Leves are.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Usagi Yojimbo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by AdorraEloom View Post
    Yea it will be implemented in beta phase 1 according to the road map, I'm hoping its some kind of a mini NM hunting game kinda like in ff12.
    Hoping as well, that it is like FF12, and not just a simple bestiary book will mob info. Hoping that a Hunters Guild is also somewhere with notice board (like in monster hunter) to get you next mission. It could also lead up to a user unlocking BeastMaster as a side bonus. But still not taking away the primary focus of the Hunters Guild.

Make it happen Yoshi.
    (5)
    "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war."

Player
    Character
    Max Wind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    I hope the hunting log also has a location marker so if I need to search for enemy drops for crafting, I know where they are...
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AdorraEloom View Post
    It very well could be a mob information log with mobs you encountered, with details as to what they drop, their weaknesses, HP, MP, magic and so on. I'm still hoping myself its some kind of NM event XD
    What they drop and, importantly imo, how often they drop it. For me, drop rates influenced where farming was most efficiently done, which was something worth wiki-ing if you intended a six-hour binge.

And, from that, the Hunting Log needs to be searchable by items dropped, so that can be compared reasonably quickly.

I'm all for drops only showing if you've personally received them and the drop rates listed being actual representations of the loot you've received, rather than the actual figure.
    (2)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Linkci Lunarpaw
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
    What they drop and, importantly imo, how often they drop it. For me, drop rates influenced where farming was most efficiently done, which was something worth wiki-ing if you intended a six-hour binge.

And, from that, the Hunting Log needs to be searchable by items dropped, so that can be compared reasonably quickly.

I'm all for drops only showing if you've personally received them and the drop rates listed being actual representations of the loot you've received, rather than the actual figure.
    I would love to see this to and if they DID do this it would be the first time and MMO actually published their drop rates for any NPC from within a game!

I'm not sure they will go that far though. Sure the detail we are talking about in the Hunting/Beastiary log is the same. And from what we have seen in the videos of gathering they show what you can loot from the harvesting/gathering node.

Actually showing drop rates and what it drops seems like a bit much! However, if they only show the information after you discover it may not be to bad. If they do add it I will be extremely surprised!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wilan Serulia
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    My speculation is that it will be the Martial Classes' log

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-v8WeZX4QQ

Go at 3:00. The mouse goes down right at the mini-menu, over the "personal logs" button, and brings up a list with "Gathering Log" and "Crafting Log".
    The crafting log is shown to be a log with recipes and details about them, with a "done" mark on stuff that you've already crafted once it seems. I'm thinking of the hunting log something along these lines. It will be added next to the gathering and crafting log, and will hold information of all the mobs for your level range, maybe details of what they drop or their habitat, and a mark checking if you're ever killed them at least once.

Opinions?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Linkci Lunarpaw
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilan View Post
    My speculation is that it will be the Martial Classes' log

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-v8WeZX4QQ

Go at 3:00. The mouse goes down right at the mini-menu, over the "personal logs" button, and brings up a list with "Gathering Log" and "Crafting Log".
    The crafting log is shown to be a log with recipes and details about them, with a "done" mark on stuff that you've already crafted once it seems. I'm thinking of the hunting log something along these lines. It will be added next to the gathering and crafting log, and will hold information of all the mobs for your level range, maybe details of what they drop or their habitat, and a mark checking if you're ever killed them at least once.

Opinions?
    I think your spot on! That was exactly what what I was hinting at, except you one up'ed me by providing an example! Kudos!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I hope it's a Bestiary. I've been messing around with FF12 recently and have been trying to complete the required kill amounts for each monster per area so that it'll complete the entry. It would be nice if it were similar to this that you'd get additional information, such as what it drops or maybe even a lore page like in FF12, when x amount of that mob has been defeated.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Forgo Tego
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    A Pokedex!
    YeS O.o!
    (3)
    "I care nothing about who dominates the land, For me and my brethren will forever rule the skies." Forgo the Forgotten Dragoon
    Credit goes to Denmo and Nique from Masamune for this art :3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast