Player
    Character
    Kare Ruhts
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 57
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilhem View Post
    I am probably older than you <.< My generation of anime is Sailor Moon, Fushigi Yuugi, Saint Seiya etc. Mid 90s T.T
    AstroBoy and Robotech(Macross). I win!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
    True this shouldn't be a debate on which is better since they are both good...
    Which is why I never talked about which was better. More popular != better.
    (0)
    Abriael Rosen - Paladin of Balmung

Player
    Character
    Lorev Ildgar
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Slam Dunk! That series got so many reruns in China...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Max Wind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    My first anime was evangelion and tenchi muyo... guess I'm the youngest >.>
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zehira Korrigan
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    My first anime was...

(7)

Player
    Character
    Melfina Amastacia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    My first anime was...

Beast King GoLion?
    http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=3507
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zehira Korrigan
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    Yes, that's when I was 2 years old with my older brother. hehe ^^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vilhem Dijkstra
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudopsia View Post
    AstroBoy and Robotech(Macross). I win!
    Oh ya those too xD forgot to mention em
    (0)
    Meow

Player
    Character
    Crim Soukyuu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    @OP: yes, it could have something to do with SAO. People tend to get influenced by things they liked, and even people who never played a MMO would want to try it to have a chance of building some memories with their friends in a different world. There are many people who use games to take a break from the real world, and a persistent world (= MMO) might appeal more to some. So it's not only FFXIV, rather it's MMOs in general. I'm seeing Kiritos and Asunas all over the place <_<

One major difference between SAO and .hack// is the fact that SAO uses a fulldive system, meaning you are disconnected from your body, while in .hack// you're just wearing a head mounted display. The industry has mostly given up on introducing HMDs to consumers because of high costs. The whole VR hype that started with the virtualboy was too early, so that might also have been the reason why .hack// wasn't that popular...

Now however, the prices for components have dropped and new enthusiasts popped up (see oculus rift, for example). Maybe we will see more progress towards VR getting done, and if you ask me, MMO is one of the genres that is fit for testing this type of technology out. I'd be the first to put a NerveGear on my head... though only if I knew that thing is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudopsia View Post
    Maybe everyone wants to be a Beater(Beta Cheater) now
    A certain discussion reminded me of how a certain circle of people were given a certain (unfair) treatment by some vocal members of the community, so yeah. Who's going to pull a Lelouch/Kirito in that case, I wonder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuru View Post
    I dunno though, SAO is just, x-x...
    Read the novels. The anime was mostly a catastrophe from a novel reader's perspective. It left out too many sweet pieces that fleshed out the story, it was as if they were doing it on purpose.
    (0)

[ AMD Phenom II X4 970BE@4GHz | 12GB DDR3-RAM@CL7 | nVidia GeForce 260GTX OC | Crucial m4 SSD ]

Player
    Character
    Max Wind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Soukyuu View Post
    @OP: yes, it could have something to do with SAO. People tend to get influenced by things they liked, and even people who never played a MMO would want to try it to have a chance of building some memories with their friends in a different world. There are many people who use games to take a break from the real world, and a persistent world (= MMO) might appeal more to some. So it's not only FFXIV, rather it's MMOs in general. I'm seeing Kiritos and Asunas all over the place <_<

One major difference between SAO and .hack// is the fact that SAO uses a fulldive system, meaning you are disconnected from your body, while in .hack// you're just wearing a head mounted display. The industry has mostly given up on introducing HMDs to consumers because of high costs. The whole VR hype that started with the virtualboy was too early, so that might also have been the reason why .hack// wasn't that popular...

Now however, the prices for components have dropped and new enthusiasts popped up (see oculus rift, for example). Maybe we will see more progress towards VR getting done, and if you ask me, MMO is one of the genres that is fit for testing this type of technology out. I'd be the first to put a NerveGear on my head... though only if I knew that thing is safe.

A certain discussion reminded me of how a certain circle of people were given a certain (unfair) treatment by some vocal members of the community, so yeah. Who's going to pull a Lelouch/Kirito in that case, I wonder?
    Read the novels. The anime was mostly a catastrophe from a novel reader's perspective. It left out too many sweet pieces that fleshed out the story, it was as if they were doing it on purpose.
    Actually sony has recently revealed a headset for future game play as an extension to there ps3 system... We may get a dot.hack kind of experience for ff14 in the coming years... I think it was show cased on tokyo game show...
    (0)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast